• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

-impending-release-of-honda-750cc-adventure-scooter

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Video Indicates Impending Release of Honda 750cc Adventure Scooter « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

072616top-i-730x487.jpg

I foresee a DN01, NM4 disaster.
Are they trying to get out of the scoot biz?
Clearly, this format is targeting current scoot owners
not real bikers? hehe (tongue in cheek)

This looks like just a restyled Integra. I like it, but I doubt it will come to the US.

From a practical standpoint, it lacks storage space that scooters typically have.

Other than having floorboards instead of footpegs, it has none of the features that typically define a scooter, such as swing arm mounted engine, low frame, platform for feet, etc. So, it's not a scooter.

Last edited:
Honda allocated only one NM4 to each North America dealer and by all accounts most sold almost immediately. It was not meant to be a high volume seller and to me represents the spirit of Honda that can afford to do something different and risky that other manufacturers can't or won't.

I don't think this will come to the US but if it did the guys that buy a Ruckus and customize it would be all over it. It's not meant to appeal to a traditional motorcyclist.

All my opinion of course.

The NM4 is not a disaster, and has met their target goal and audience. It was intended to be a niche product with low production and sold out in most countries. The DN01 was a victim of bad, bad timing and was overpriced. With the rise in popularity of mini bikes in the U.S. like the Grom, this could very well be a hit.

This is Honda City Adventure Concept shown on EICMA 2015 (Milan Motorcycle Show) and Osaka 2016 show.

It could be a good opportunity for NHTSA to change they outdated regulation about scooters, which was mostly influenced by... Honda.

[video=youtube;v5JcaRPLRJs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5JcaRPLRJs[/video]

From a practical standpoint, it lacks storage space that scooters typically have.
We all know that lack of storage can easily be remedied. I can see some of these with plastic grated crates bungeed to the back. Personally I find it appealing, but I'm just a sucker for silver. I think it could find a niche here in the States, well heeled students (but not enough for a Porsche) and wannabe adventurous urban commuters (same ones that buy 4WD SUV's that never see an unpaved road). I ride 100cc range scooters whenever I'm visiting Southeast Asia, because they are readily available and cheap to rent, so I know the lack of excitement low powered scooters provide. I like the powerful and rugged looks of this one. Plus it's a reliable and easily maintained Honda.

Ray

Last edited:
I don't care if it is or isn't a proper scooter or motorcycle, or adventure ride for that matter. Categories were made to be defied and good on those organizations with enough vision and chutzpah to give it a go. That is pretty much how BMW created the adventure segment 30 years ago with an "overweight tarted up street bike" that they called the R80G/S.

However, having congratulated them, rather than buy one I think I'll just lie back and wait on the first YouTube video of some poor adventurous soul who bought the marketing image of this thing and then heads off up a rocky deeply rutted uphill with feet forward, butt on the seat, and no way to stand.

Kind of like this guy who bought into the marketing image of his fancy new Ford Raptor pick-up truck...

[video=youtube_share;JKQdlXvbWSU]https://youtu.be/JKQdlXvbWSU[/video]

Last edited:

On the contrary. They will sell bucket loads of this bike in Italy, France, Spain and other European markets.

I actually hope it makes it to the USA. i might trade my NC for it. typically insurance rate are much cheaper for scooter lowering the cost of ownership.

the Yamaha t-max 2016 made it to the USA. not sure if it sells well. but the MPG sucks compared to the NC. it would have been my bike of choice if the NC700 was not around.

the Yamaha t-max 2016 made it to the USA.

I traded a (nicely farkled) 2009 TMax for my NC. The new Tmax's are much nicer than mine was, but the 2009 was a hoot. If I could have tolerated the feet-forward ergos for all day rides, I would have kept it. Same issue for me with this one, except adding that the TMax had more useful storage. I had the TMax on lots of graded unpaved roads. Any bike with any tires and no aftermarket equipment can do that. Not sure what additional this scoot brings to the party other than the menacing look.

It has twin front rotor, upside down forks, and push type rear axle adjusters, fixes almost everything people say is wrong with the NC so it must be better.

It has twin front rotor, upside down forks, and push type rear axle adjusters, fixes almost everything people say is wrong with the NC so it must be better.

It isn't. Had one and sold it. Just couldn't stand the crappy CVT transmission :(

EWlCep0.jpg

d3vOFpu.jpg

This looks like just a restyled Integra. I like it, but I doubt it will come to the US.

Other than having floorboards instead of footpegs, it has none of the features that typically define a scooter, such as swing arm mounted engine, low frame, platform for feet, etc. So, it's not a scooter.

To me it looks like there is quite a bit of space under the seat what with the 15 inch rear wheel. Some of the photos posted in the last few months show a pair of toothy foot pegs mounted just aft of the swing arm pivot below the passenger pegs. 30 days to go to find out for sure. I will definitely be interested in this bike if the NC gets too heavy in my later decrepitude.

Honda-City-Adventure-Concept-EICMA-06.jpgHonda-City-Adventure-Concept-EICMA-01.jpg

I just can't see it costing less than $10 thousand.

Last edited:
Back