• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Karoo 3s

Dano

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone put the Karoo 3s on their nc700x. If so , what size did you install and how are they. Last time I checked it appeared that they do not make a size to fit the nc's front rim. Anyone have any input. I really like the look and ratio of the tires??

Thx. I figured as much. I've looked on every site for the right size for the front . Maybe I will go with the Shinko 705s.

I've been looking at a lot of tires for my nc700x. I would like a match set. I really like the Karoo 3s but they don't make a front size. Not in love with the tk 70s or 80s. Everything keeps leading me to the Shinko 705s. Does anyone know of a tire that is close to the karoo3s or the Shinko 705s in the right sizes. Please , any input would be appreciated. I want an 80/20 or 70/30 looking tire.

The Shinko 705 for the rear 150/70-17 is what I have on mine... very close in size to the oem size...for the front, they now make the Shinko 705 120/70-17 front...most of the sellers just still don't list it on their site, you will have to ask and if they say they don't have it, they are wrong...I confirmed with Shinko Canada distributor last year...
I see you live in Ontario, if you want some good price on tires, go to :Pete's Superbike -

Thanks again for your input. Have you noticed any changes on how the bike handles with the 705s and what tire do you have on the front?

I can't say IVe noticed any change with handling because I've replaced stock tires at 600km for TKC 80 front and rear and after I used them I put the Shinko rrear and Avon Distanzia front...for what I've done last year with the NC, I really liked this combo for light off road. This year, I will possibly put the stock tires back on because I will probably ride on road only due to a work injury that will oblige me to have a knee surgery...
In which part of the Ontario are you Dano if I can ask?

I used Sinko's on my prior KLR. They are great on the road and in the wet. I personally like their look as well. As far as off-roading - they are OK on firm gravel/dirty but you aren't going to nub thru mud etc. I still have plenty of tread on my tires but when the time comes the Shinko's will probably be my next set.

Great . I'm from Sault Ste. Marie... I think I am going to with the 705s ...just not sure if I should go with the 12/90 for the front cause the rear will be s bit taller???

You won't notice the difference on the rear tire and about the front, I think it would be too high...just take the same as the original size will be ok for sure.

Back