• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750x dct

Monty1952

Reaction score
Visit site
Have placed an order for one - first year DCT available on this model in Canada. I am assuming that Honda just left the brakes in the conventional right hand/foot positions of a manual transmission model. Would it not have made more sense to place it on the left hand position where the clutch would normally be? That would make it more like scooters and perhaps make more sense from a control perspective. Perhaps even make it a combined brake on the left side even better.

... Would it not have made more sense to place it on the left hand position where the clutch would normally be?..

This makes sense maybe in Canada and anywhere in the world but not in the U.S. Only scooters, by federal definition, may have rear brake on left handlebar. (We had this discussion in the past).

But I've done this modification twice already. You need master cylinder from Honda NC Integra or Silver Wing. And you need to reposition parking brake.

Many DCT owners are coming from riding motorcycles rather than scooters and I feel Honda wants them to be comfortable with the standard motorcycle brake orientation.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new bike. The DCT version is a hell of a lot of fun to ride. I took a BMW scooter, the GT, out for a 10 mile test ride when they were introduced, it is a very nice motorcycle.

Hi Monty, can I ask how much they want for the DCT version in Toronto? I am trying to decide whether to put a deposit down on one here in BC or wait until they get some built. I sold my Vstrom today! Also, have you seen a price list for OEM accessories? I haven't seen that online yet. I am interested in heated grips and side bags.

I like the brake set up coming from the Vstrom.

i too am in the market for a new bike. The NC750X DCT is on the top of my list. If all goes well i will be buying late March or early April. Also looking at the Yamaha FZ07 but lack of ABS makes me hesitant.
The FJ09 is nice too and has ABS and traction control but it is over 750cc which puts it in an expensive insurance bracket here. I am leaning more towards the Honda for the following reasons. I had a 2014 NC750S
and was a fun bike. Loved the gas mileage and how balanced it was. It was fantastic at slow speed turns. I currently ride a Yamaha Majesty and love the utility of it. Lots of storage and CVT transmission. But being
a standard scooter it has its flaws of delayed "rubber band" feel on take off and being *** heavy gets a floaty front end feel at higher speeds.
so the Honda gives me the best of both worlds. Automatic like a scooter but more like a motorcycle. Since i use bike alot of times in heavy traffic, a standard manual shift bike gets tiring fast with all the clutching / shifting.

did they give an ETA for when the NC750X DCT will be here? Would not want to wait until early summer for one. If that is the case i would look at other bikes.

Would it not have made more sense to place it on the left hand position where the clutch would normally be? That would make it more like scooters and perhaps make more sense from a control perspective. Perhaps even make it a combined brake on the left side even better.

From a motorcycling point of view I do not think this would be a good idea. Honda have already changed the Horn position and many including me, have had some anxious moments because of this, especially those of us who own other motorcycles. Putting a brake where a clutch had been could be disastrous for the same reasons. At the end of the day this is a motorcycle and as such it will suit most motorcyclists changing to dct, if they do not have too much change to get used to.

Coming from a scooter it would obviously not be a problem. What is the layout on the Integra ?

I don't think there is a "federal definition" for a scooter that references brake controls See here. Also, not all scooters have a left hand brake levers. Scooters that have a manual transmission have a clutch/shifter on the left handlebar and a rear brake foot pedal on the right,such as the Genuine Stella.

This makes sense maybe in Canada and anywhere in the world but not in the U.S. Only scooters, by federal definition, may have rear brake on left handlebar. (We had this discussion in the past).

But I've done this modification twice already. You need master cylinder from Honda NC Integra or Silver Wing. And you need to reposition parking brake.

yay me. :)

Talked to some local bike dealers. Had an idea of what i would accept for a trade and what the out the door price would be. I had a high point and low point. They did better on the price
on the low point by 200$ so i went for it. But they asked instead of leaving a deposit and me keeping the Majesty until the new bike is in. They asked if i would mind trading in now
and that would be my deposit. Would give them a chance to sell the bike considering this is the start of the busy season. I said in a circumstance like this i would have just parked the bike
at home anyway so i did the trade.

I am now the (future) owner of a new 2016 Honda NC750X DCT :) I say future because they do not expect delivery of them until April or May. Cant wait!!

Last edited:
Hey Congratulations! A couple of questions--did you add any options (OEM heated grips, luggage) and if so what was the cost? Who gave you the best price (I am in Chilliwack BC).

Back