• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700 Burnout

What a Idiot ! I can only imagine in a short time you will see this bike for sale -- advertised as a Like new, gently used barely broken in NC for sale -- and some more soul will buy it thinking they found the diamond in the rough.

Must have been photoshopped!
Authoritative sources* have told me that the bike has no power, and, without dual front rotors, far too weak of brakes for this kind of nonsense.

Then again I've also read that the stock tires have no grip, so maybe a combination of no power and no grip allows for video's like the one above...

*some guy who saw me in a parking lot and stopped to let me know.
< /sarcasm >

I don't know why someone would do this on any bike, but when I've asked, they usually say the tire was about done anyway [shrug].

I saw the aftermath after somebody did this on a vRod. I don't know what damage it would (did) do to the drivetrain, but the remains of the melted rubber were ALL over the place. It would have taken a half day just to clean it up.

When I asked why someone would do such a thing, the response was that it was a combination of testosterone, youth, and not-insignificant quantities of alcohol.

Of course then there is the opportunity to catch that hot rubber on fire. Watch this video at 1:20 in. Many more on YouTube.
[video=youtube;fWC-Nk5JBzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWC-Nk5JBzg[/video]

I don't know why someone would do this on any bike, but when I've asked, they usually say the tire was about done anyway [shrug].

I did it for about 2 seconds on a worn out tire.

I saw the aftermath after somebody did this on a vRod. I don't know what damage it would (did) do to the drivetrain, but the remains of the melted rubber were ALL over the place. It would have taken a half day just to clean it up.

When I asked why someone would do such a thing, the response was that it was a combination of testosterone, XXXXXXX

A bit of that I guess.

Probably just finishing off a worn out tire.....

Yep.

Hey, he cheated!!! He stared out in a pothole filled with water. Got the tire all lubed up with the water, shifted into second and all the water had disappeared by then. Thus the tire started smoking like mad.

Back