• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rider Foot Pegs hit my Legs at stops

WingMan71

Reaction score
Visit site
So, am I the only one who has the foot pegs hit my legs at stops with my feet down? My legs want to go exactly where the pegs are.

Took a test ride on a 2018 I'm considering buying and that is the only thing that bothered me. My position when riding was not an issue, only feet-down at stops.

I'm only 5'-8" with a 30" inseam, so maybe it's just because I'm short that I can't find a good position for my legs with my feet down?

Anybody else have this issue? What can be done, if anything?

Last edited:
I'm shorter than you, but I never noticed it.

Looking at a pic of me on the bike it appears it lines up more with my lower shin than ankle area

C2GIkY0.jpg

32 inch inseam here. Never had a problem with footpegs hitting ankles at stop.

I'm shorter than you, but I never noticed it.

Looking at a pic of me on the bike it appears it lines up more with my lower shin than ankle area

C2GIkY0.jpg
Correct, hits up higher on the leg than the ankle.

But, I found that I had to put my feet down with my legs in FRONT of the foot peg, which I found unusual to say the least, so it bumps into the back of the inside of my leg. I suppose this could have to do with the seat pushing me way forward toward the tank.

Most every other bike I've had, the pegs were never anywhere near hitting my leg with my feet down, and always in front of my legs with feet down. Strange.

Correct, hits up higher on the leg than the ankle.

But, I found that I had to put my feet down with my legs in FRONT of the foot peg, which I found unusual to say the least, so it bumps into the back of the inside of my leg. I suppose this could have to do with the seat pushing me way forward toward the tank.

Most every other bike I've had, the pegs were never anywhere near hitting my leg with my feet down, and always in front of my legs with feet down. Strange.
In stock form, the rider ergos of the NC has the rider leaning forward, and pegs are more rearward than on a touring bike such as a Goldwing. I have a ‘Wing and an NC; the peg placements are definitely different.

So, am I the only one who has the foot pegs hit my legs at stops with my feet down? My legs want to go exactly where the pegs are.

Took a test ride on a 2018 I'm considering buying and that is the only thing that bothered me. My position when riding was not an issue, only feet-down at stops.

I'm only 5'-8" with a 30" inseam, so maybe it's just because I'm short that I can't find a good position for my legs with my feet down?

Anybody else have this issue? What can be done, if anything?
If it does not have an aftermarket seat, you may find that you’re going to replace it. That change is likely to change geometry and may solve the problem. I had the same issue with my VFR, switched to Corbin, problem solved. The stock seat has a reputation and I’ll leave it that.

If it does not have an aftermarket seat, you may find that you’re going to replace it. That change is likely to change geometry and may solve the problem. I had the same issue with my VFR, switched to Corbin, problem solved. The stock seat has a reputation and I’ll leave it that.
Right, it shoves you too far forward. That's why my legs probably ended up in front of the pegs at stops.

Back