• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking at a 2018 NC750X - Have Questions

WingMan71

Reaction score
Visit site
New member here. Looking to buy a used NC750X for use as a 1-up rider when my wife isn't going with on the Goldwing trike.

Spotted a 2018 with low miles that I may take a look at in the next day or two. It's a manual, which I prefer, so that's good. The one I'm looking at has no OEM Honda saddlebags or travel trunk.

First question: How likely is it that I can still buy those accessories new directly from Honda? Possible, or not likely?

Second question: What's the difference between an NC750X and an NC750XD?

Also, anything in particular I should be looking out for when inspecting this bike?

Thanks for any advice.

It's a slim possibility to find them in the USA but there are dealers and distributors in the UK and Europe that sell the luggage pack.
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oem..._street_2018_nc750x/honda_accessories-luggage

The D denotes the bike is equipped with the DCT transmission. The NC series is pretty much free of issues to look out for. Good luck in your search and welcome to the forum.
Thanks much for the information.

One other question. Is it possible to mount the saddlebags without the "rear carrier" assembly to which the travel trunk mounts? Thinking I would just like the saddlebags and not the travel trunk.

I'm looking at the installation instructions for these accessories for a current year model but can't quite figure out the answer to this question. Plus, the 2018 model saddlebags may mount differently than the current model.

Last edited:
As far as I know the Honda rear carrier must be used in order to hang the saddlebags even if you choose not to place the Honda top box (travel trunk) on the carrier. The saddle bags have a mechanism that latches onto a U-shape mount that bolts to the rear carrier. The 2018 luggage mounts and luggage are the same 2012-2020.

New member here. Looking to buy a used NC750X for use as a 1-up rider when my wife isn't going with on the Goldwing trike.

Spotted a 2018 with low miles that I may take a look at in the next day or two. It's a manual, which I prefer, so that's good. The one I'm looking at has no OEM Honda saddlebags or travel trunk.

First question: How likely is it that I can still buy those accessories new directly from Honda? Possible, or not likely?

Second question: What's the difference between an NC750X and an NC750XD?

Also, anything in particular I should be looking out for when inspecting this bike?

Thanks for any advice.
Partzilla still has the saddlebags. In my experience, and based on how rarely issues are reported, as long as the bike has no indication of neglect you should expect it to perform well. It's a really enjoyable bike to ride, at least I think so.

Partzilla still has the saddlebags. In my experience, and based on how rarely issues are reported, as long as the bike has no indication of neglect you should expect it to perform well. It's a really enjoyable bike to ride, at least I think so.

Partizilla lists the rear carrier as Not Currently Available but it does appear the bags themselves are available.

I know you didn't ask this but...have you thought of broadening your horizons beyond the Honda cases? Givi/Kappa/Shad seem to be popular.
That is a very good point to consider. I really like the Honda cases but they are sure pricey for what they are. I think they also look great.

I know you didn't ask this but...have you thought of broadening your horizons beyond the Honda cases? Givi/Kappa/Shad seem to be popular.
Yes, I have. But I'm more interested in the looks of the Honda units as opposed to storage capacity. As long as my XL Arai full-face helmet fits in the "frunk", I'm good.

Back with a bike inspection report. I went to look at the 2018 NC750X that was about 45 minutes south of my house.

Beautiful, well cared for, bike with just 7,500 miles on it. Was ready to buy, then tried to put my XL Arai full-faced helmet in the "frunk" and it wouldn't fit any way I tried to align it! Bummer! So close, but no way to get the lid closed.

Since this bike has no luggage, particularly no travel trunk for me to lock up $700 worth of helmet and Blue-Tooth communicator, it's kind of a deal breaker. Not sure that I can source the necessary parts before this bike is sold. Seems the saddle bag and trunk are available but not the trunk mount carrier bracket.

Next question:
Is it OK for me to list this guy's really nice bike for sale in the for sale forum? I would just put a link to his Facebook ad. (I've only got several posts on the site at this time and only in two different threads, so I'm not sure if I have enough posts to qualify for placing ads yet.)

I'll at least post a picture of the bike here. Bike is in Easley, SC.

2018 NC750X Andre Dennert.jpg

Some one let me know if I am allowed to post this in the "for sale" forum. Thanks!

hmm that's a nice bike, helmet not fitting in frunk would not be a deal breaker for me if I liked the bike. I never put my helmet in the frunk. Either carry it with me, or lock it to the bike with my helmet guardian. You could always carry a cable lock in the frunk to lock the helmet up with...or get an inexpensive T Rex racing luggage rack and bolt any trunk to it to hold your helmet.

These have helmet hooks under the pilion seat. A short length of cable and you lock your helmet and leave it sit on the seat! (It looks like the Ferret already said this)

Thanks for the replies about alternate helmet storage/locking.

However, I lost my previous Arai helmet after using a bike's helmet lock and letting it hang on the bike. Lock was still locked, so I don't know what the guy cut to get it, but it was gone, all $500 worth of it. So, now I'm a bit warry of any helmet security other than locking in hard luggage.

Thanks for the replies about alternate helmet storage/locking.

However, I lost my previous Arai helmet after using a bike's helmet lock and letting it hang on the bike. Lock was still locked, so I don't know what the guy cut to get it, but it was gone, all $500 worth of it. So, now I'm a bit warry of any helmet security other than locking in hard luggage.
I have never once wanted to put a helmet in my 2012’s frunk. The frunk is full of other essentials all the time. Helmet not fitting in frunk would not break a deal on an otherwise nice bike.

If you want the helmet secured out of sight, then luggage, especially a tail trunk, is your best option. There are many, many aftermarket luggage options available. No need to lock yourself into Honda accessory luggage, which is expensive, limited in choice, and won’t fit on any other machines. I’d personally prefer aftermarket cases over Honda’s anyway.

I’ve had three NCs equipped with Givi racks/luggage, SW Motech racks/Givi luggage, and Honda luggage. Each had likes and dislikes for me and each would do the trick for me if I didn’t know about the others. Of the three my favorite was SW Motech quick detachable racks, Givi 36 liter side cases and a 33 liter Givi top box mounted on a SW Motech Alu-Rack.

I’ve had three NCs equipped with Givi racks/luggage, SW Motech racks/Givi luggage, and Honda luggage. Each had likes and dislikes for me and each would do the trick for me if I didn’t know about the others. Of the three my favorite was SW Motech quick detachable racks, Givi 36 liter side cases and a 33 liter Givi top box mounted on a SW Motech Alu-Rack.
Do you have a picture that you an post up of the bike with your favorite luggage on it?

Back with a bike inspection report. I went to look at the 2018 NC750X that was about 45 minutes south of my house.

Beautiful, well cared for, bike with just 7,500 miles on it. Was ready to buy, then tried to put my XL Arai full-faced helmet in the "frunk" and it wouldn't fit any way I tried to align it! Bummer! So close, but no way to get the lid closed.

Since this bike has no luggage, particularly no travel trunk for me to lock up $700 worth of helmet and Blue-Tooth communicator, it's kind of a deal breaker. Not sure that I can source the necessary parts before this bike is sold. Seems the saddle bag and trunk are available but not the trunk mount carrier bracket.

Next question:
Is it OK for me to list this guy's really nice bike for sale in the for sale forum? I would just put a link to his Facebook ad. (I've only got several posts on the site at this time and only in two different threads, so I'm not sure if I have enough posts to qualify for placing ads yet.)

I'll at least post a picture of the bike here. Bike is in Easley, SC.

View attachment 54022

Some one let me know if I am allowed to post this in the "for sale" forum. Thanks!
the frunk on the 2021+ models have a slightly larger frunk.
possible alternative option ?

Back