• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for some direction, literally.

Sena attachment to the clamp mount is a fragile piece of plastic. I have had two Sena 10s devices that broke off the attachment tab and they are not fixable. I wonder why Sena does not have a device that clamps over everything and keeps it on the helmet—even if you accidentally brush the tab open while reaching up to adjust the unit.

Sena attachment to the clamp mount is a fragile piece of plastic. I have had two Sena 10s devices that broke off the attachment tab and they are not fixable. I wonder why Sena does not have a device that clamps over everything and keeps it on the helmet—even if you accidentally brush the tab open while reaching up to adjust the unit.
I don't think Sena uses the 10S's type of click-tab mount for any unit produced and sold anymore. You can still get that model FWIW we have one on my wife's helmet from 2017.

I’ve adopted the Peak design system for my iPhone and I’m still debating on a headset. But I’ll pull the trigger this spring. I’m currently running a Shoei GT Air 2 that’s approaching 5 years old. I love the fit of the Shoei but I’d love to upgrade to the Neotec and put some coms system upgrades in it. I’ve heard and read some pretty bad reviews on Sena headsets made for the shoei helmets, anyone running a cardo unit on something similar?

I run a Cardo Freecom 4 on both mine and my wife's HJC modulars and my brother runs one on his Shoei (not sure of model..full face) for at least 10 years. We only use them for comms though (although I have blue toothed mine to my phone to run Google Maps but have only used it experimentally around the house) so I can't speak to Cardo's ability to provide music, or take phone calls etc. Been very happy with our Cardos as comms.

Most of my buddies seem to run Senas though, and we sometimes have trouble linking up when on rides.

I run a Cardo Packtalk Bold on my LS2 valiant, a buddy runs the same on his Neotec another buddy runs it on a Nolan.
I run mine with my phone (Samsung S20) and my GPS (Garmin XT) with no problems. Instantaneous connection to the guys in my riding group, as soon as they are anywhere near by. I've even had it connect to a buddy going the opposite direction as we passed each other (long enough to say hi at least as the distance spread).

@NEBoston, in my opinion Cardo or Sena hinges on whether you ride in a group and what brand the others use in the group. I agree the built-in units in the Neotec don't seem to get good reviews but I've only used clamp-on Sena products (10S, 20S, 50S with boom mikes) because the few other guys I ride with have Sena units. Mesh units are the way to go to avoid any BT issues but if you have to use BT it is largely trouble free. Keeping the unit firmware up to date is important for reliable BT pairing to other Sena units. I use dedicated Garmin GPS units because I'm old and have used them almost 30 years. Garmin provides mapping software that I know how to use. I tried using REVER and an iPhone or PC laptop but it complicated what I already know how to do with Garmin and did not do it nearly as fluidly. I do use my iPhone to do simple A to B navigation sometimes but there are so many disadvantages to using a phone on a motorcycle I can't see it ever replacing a dedicated GPS for my use.

@NEBoston, in my opinion Cardo or Sena hinges on whether you ride in a group and what brand the others use in the group. I agree the built-in units in the Neotec don't seem to get good reviews but I've only used clamp-on Sena products (10S, 20S, 50S with boom mikes) because the few other guys I ride with have Sena units. Mesh units are the way to go to avoid any BT issues but if you have to use BT it is largely trouble free. Keeping the unit firmware up to date is important for reliable BT pairing to other Sena units. I use dedicated Garmin GPS units because I'm old and have used them almost 30 years. Garmin provides mapping software that I know how to use. I tried using REVER and an iPhone or PC laptop but it complicated what I already know how to do with Garmin and did not do it nearly as fluidly. I do use my iPhone to do simple A to B navigation sometimes but there are so many disadvantages to using a phone on a motorcycle I can't see it ever replacing a dedicated GPS for my use.
I primarily ride solo, it’s been hard to find like minded folks in my area with the time that I have off to go riding, that being said, occasionally my girlfriend will come out for the occasional ride, I am primarily looking for something with BT connection to my iPhone and now apparently my dedicated GPS (thank you for lightening my wallet) but I am leaning towards one of the Cardo units.

I primarily ride solo, it’s been hard to find like minded folks in my area with the time that I have off to go riding, that being said, occasionally my girlfriend will come out for the occasional ride, I am primarily looking for something with BT connection to my iPhone and now apparently my dedicated GPS (thank you for lightening my wallet) but I am leaning towards one of the Cardo units.
Just to clarify, a mesh unit can communicate directly to other mesh units without a BT phone connection, acting like a stand alone two way radio but in order to listen to audio from a phone or control the various features and functions of the helmet unit they use a BT connection.

My wife just got a Schuberth C5 helmet last fall. We added the Schuberth communicator (made by Sena) this spring. Way overkill in functionality. Mesh group of up to 40 riders, private group of up to 40 riders, 10 blue tooth channels, and intercoms. The communicator sits in pockets formed in the helmet’s shell. Nice bit of kit but way more features than we need.

I had to upgrade my Cardo Freecom 1+ to a Cardo Freecom 4 because the Bluetooth version on the 1+ was incompatible with the Sena and the 1+ is old and no longer upgradeable. The 4 is a nice unit, very easy to get working, especially when you use the Cardo app on your phone. I am not a fan of the roller wheel for volume control on the 4, it seems to work intermittently. This may have to do with the heavier weight gloves I was wearing. Now that it’s warming up and I’ve switched to lighter gloves it may work better.

Both units sound good and the voice control works well.

My wife uses the Sena unit to stream music from her phone and to intercom with me. Once the club rides start she will try the mesh or group feature.

I use the Freecom for intercom, phone, and GPS. A couple of times a year I’ll listen to music.

Last edited:
Back