• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC750X and NC700X Facebook Group!

WingMan71

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I joined this Facebook group yesterday.

1. Lots of good information on there for a newbie.

2. Holy cow, these bikes appear to be WAY more popular overseas! A vast majority of the posts are from overseas riders.

I was a bit surprised.

2. Holy cow, these bikes appear to be WAY more popular overseas! A vast majority of the posts are from overseas riders.

I was a bit surprised.
Yes, the NCX is unpopular in North America. The model has already been eliminated from the Canadian Honda lineup. For the US market, the manual model is now gone. Even in the beginning, the USA would get one, maybe in rare years two color choices, but the Europeans would get four colors to pick from. US manual models couldn’t even get ABS until quite recently. The US never did get the S model or the Integra. American Honda just didn’t want to import much in the way of NCs. I guess they knew they wouldn’t sell.

I was a bit surprised.
The NC was one of Honda’s top selling models in Europe for several years running. It’s practical transportation there and a recreational toy here.

They're popular enough here (Delaware US) that it took me a few years to get a new one. My dealers told me that they only tend to get one, so when I walked in a dealer in February and they had a new 24 sitting there, i snatched it up. I tried in 22 and 23 and was too late. Of course, I was always told that I could "order" one, but I read over and over again about people waiting 6 or more months for delivery. Nah.... Last year, I missed one by minutes.... guy was doing the paperwork when I got there. That's what I got for stopping to get the wife breakfast on the way there....

What doesn't help in the US are the youtube people saying that it's "boring". It's purpose built, stay within it's purpose, and I don't think that it's boring. Really, the only thing that I don't care for is the air filter location. The easy maintenance is a HUGE plus for me. Even doing the added DCT oil filter takes less time than my Ninja 650 after removing plastics etc and trying to put it all back on.... Oh, and the seat, but Seth is going to take care of that in June. For those who don't know, Seth Laam is in the middle of a move from California to West Virginia. I'm planning a ride over to have him do it while I stand there.

Last edited:
Agreed, the air filter location on this bike is "less than optimal".

That said, you haven't seen anything unit you do and air filter replacement on a Honda Gold Wing. Absolutely the worst design ever, and I've been wrenching on bikes for 58 years now. Some of my old Navy cuss words come in handy during that job! ;)

Back