• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Clunking gear changes?

WotThe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. I've searched the threads and couldn't find anything that fits this scenario exactly.....
2013 NC700x manual.
I've heard of the 'clunk' when shifting into first gear, but my bike seems to have a harsh CLUNK when changing every gear. Is this normal? Something need adjusting?

Hmmm. I'm talking about.. The clutch lever is pulled in, lifting gear selector "clunk" or "clack". I don't feel it in the rear, or chain area. It's in the lever itself.
Is it possible my clutch cable needs adjusting? Like it's not completely disengaging?

Hmmm. I'm talking about.. The clutch lever is pulled in, lifting gear selector "clunk" or "clack". I don't feel it in the rear, or chain area. It's in the lever itself.
Is it possible my clutch cable needs adjusting? Like it's not completely disengaging?
If, when you stop in gear with the cutch lever pulled, and the bike is not tugging forward, then the clutch must be disengaging. You should still check the clutch cable for proper adjustment. Your 2013’s owner’smanual should have a section on adjusting the clutch lever freeplay

Check and lube the linkage at the shift lever. Is the shifter linkage installed correctly?

Back