• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Day 108 ..decided to go ahead make my errand runs, weather predictions de darned. Ended up just a few sprinkles... not even enough to soften the bugs on the windshield. Add another 40 miles to today's total @ 73 degrees and overcast.

One of the errands was for some blood work. The girl that draws my blood is really nice and her husband rides a Harley. I walked in, in my motorcycle gear, and after drawing my blood she asks what color my bike is and I said red, so she pulled out red stretchy bandage stuff to wrap around the gauze on my arm :) . Sometimes it's the little things that make you smile!

Day 109... "chasin' blue holes". Today was a day of scattered showers, which means it might be raining in one place but not raining 2 miles away. If I was going to get a ride in today and not get wet, I'd have to work at it. So I took off in one direction (east) and looked where the sky was clear, or a blue hole" (south), and head for it. Once I got to dark gray I'd look for another blue hole in the sky and head that direction (west). then north, then east, then back west, then south ..all the while avoiding the rain. Worked well. Caught a few drops on one of the roads, turned out of it and was dry all the way until I turned into my driveway and BIG drops started hitting me lol. 45 miles today at 74 degrees and overcast

Headed south

qxdhrAUh.jpg

Same spot looking north (a blue hole)

oZudUnuh.jpg

Day 110.... Sunday is usually Airport Loop for me and this time Mrs Ferret accompanied on her XMax 300 for 52 miles at 77 degrees and sunny. Then after dinner, she wanted to ride some more, so we did a loop that encompassed another 29 miles @ 73 and clear

Have a few weeks with my remade Sargent seat (added +1 inch of foam). I'd say the biggest improvement is my legs feel less cramped (32" inseam). My butt feels better compared to the stock seat. I wouldn't call it all day comfort, but the Sargent seat does a better job of distributing the weight across more of my butt. It seems to have gotten a little more comfy after a couple weeks.

1000005871.jpg

It was cloudy and mild (65-70F) yesterday and today, and I couldn’t pass up a good chance to ride. So I just look at the lines and shapes on the Garmin GPS and go where it looks interesting. I covered 250 miles. I’m also trying to wear out the rear tire which is getting close to the cords in the center.

It was cloudy and mild (65-70F) yesterday and today, and I couldn’t pass up a good chance to ride. So I just look at the lines and shapes on the Garmin GPS and go where it looks interesting. I covered 250 miles. I’m also trying to wear out the rear tire which is getting close to the cords in the center.
What rear tire are you running and how many miles have you gotten out of it?

What rear tire are you running and how many miles have you gotten out of it?
I am currently running a test of Pirelli MT60 tires on my NC. I bought a pair of new MT60s at reduced price from a forum member. These tires are the most short lived I have ever put on my NC, and have no attributes that make them special to me or worth their price. The rear is worn out at 6000 miles. Never again.

What is weird is that my Zero DSR came new with MT60s and they are past 7000 miles and looking good. There must be different rubber compounds involved. You would expect a torquey electric motorcycle to burn through a rear tire faster than an NC700 would, but in reality it’s the other way around. Maybe that thumpy 270* engine wears tires faster than a smooth electric motor.

Since today is rainy, my ”what did I do with my NC today” might be swapping the rear tire.

My NC goes thru tires faster than any other motorcycle I have owned including my 625 lb 150 hp FJR, my 725 pound 125 hp ST 1300 and my 88 hp 545 lb CB 1100. I have no clue as to why that is. Baffling. To me the little 500 lb 58 hp twin is a tire eating machine. At 43,000 miles I'm on my 6th set of tires and the current ones are probably good for another 2000 miles before I'll be on set #7. It's not like I'm hard on them either, next week I turn 74 and my average daily riding speed is 45-60 mph almost all country curvy back roads..no jack rabbit starts, no hard stops, just riding around in standard mode at the speed limit +-5 mph.

Day 112... We are under a severe weather storm warning for this afternoon...heavy rain, possible hail or tornado, so got out early and rode the 3 B's loop (Batavia, Burg & Bethel) which runs thru 3 nearby villages.. 42 miles @ 72 degrees, cloudy and a bit windy

the warning:
There is a likely risk of severe weather today. Wind, tornadoes and hail are possible. Look out for large hail and powerful tornadoes. Have a plan and be prepared.

:eek:

Last edited:
I do 90% highway commuting around 75-80 mph (lane splitting slows me down to 25-45 mph) and log about 225 miles a week. Always have my work stuff in my top case.

I'm running the Shinko 009 ravens and at 6500 miles I'm almost down to my wear bars so I'd be happy to get 7000-7500 miles out of them. If it were rainy season I'd probably replace them now

I just commuted today. I really appreciate how useful and pleasant this bike is!

1000005882.jpg

Started on installing a brake-light modulator: JIS screwdriver worked well on those under-fender screws (but geez...). Had to put the rest off in order to take care of errands for the mother-in-law.
@genespleen have you considered one of these led brake lights that have the modulator built into the "bulb"?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F9NWM2M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's how it looks on my NC. Installation is as easy as replacing the bulb:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LDsECAVH7k7wR1vt9

@genespleen have you considered one of these led brake lights that have the modulator built into the "bulb"?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F9NWM2M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's how it looks on my NC. Installation is as easy as replacing the bulb:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LDsECAVH7k7wR1vt9
genespleen’s prior posts indicate owning a 2020 NC750X. A 2020 has an integrated LED brake/taillight from the factory. There is no tail/brake bulb to replace on a 2020 model. See item 2 in attached diagram.

03FA0FA8-3C85-488F-B50C-887FE8FAF1DF.jpeg
09DF7854-5F78-475A-9953-8C77ADFEEB16.jpeg

Last edited:
Back