• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Issues with parking brake

TNNC750X

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently purchased a 2024 Honda NC750X DCT. My experience was initially great. However, I didn't realize that the parking brake didn't prevent the bike from moving entirely. Suffice to say, the parking brake no longer works after riding with it engaged for about 10 miles before I noticed I forget to disengage it. I may need new rotors and will definitely need new pads. Does anyone know which parts I need for someone in the US?

The parking brake pads are different smaller pads than the brake pads

Parking brake pads

gKzfzb1h.jpg

rear brake pads

PfqgEiqh.jpg

There is a parking brake warning light lower right

HIz690Fh.jpg

I wouldn't think 10 miles would have been enough to ruin your rotor or parking brake pads, although the pads are pretty thin. Is the rotor scored?

Someone else on here did that and rode like 40 miles iirc. There's a thread somewhere.

The parking brake pads are different smaller pads than the brake pads

Parking brake pads

gKzfzb1h.jpg

rear brake pads

PfqgEiqh.jpg

There is a parking brake warning light lower right

HIz690Fh.jpg

I wouldn't think 10 miles would have been enough to ruin your rotor or parking brake pads, although the pads are pretty thin. Is the rotor scored?

Someone else on here did that and rode like 40 miles iirc. There's a thread somewhere.
I actually have a video I made for this. Here is my video:

Attempt to adjust the parking brake at the caliper. See photo of service manual attached. If proper hold cannot be achieved, replace parking brake pads.

I would have expected that Honda had made the NC parking brake stronger, or interlocked it electrically so the bike couldn't be ridden with the brake applied, but they didn’t. Nonetheless, there is a parking brake indicator on the NC dash. I have other two and three wheel machines, Honda and non-Honda, and it is impossible to ride away on them with the parking brake applied.

17F61C29-D18D-4DC5-B488-162FC32FDDE0.jpeg

Here's the thread I was talking about, and correction he rode 2.4 miles (He originally said 24 ...that's a big difference lol @ speeds up to 60 mph)

In the end he reported he readjusted the parking brake and all was well.

When I tested mine after his thread in 2023..I could not roll mine with the parking brake on , but I could take off with it on, but it was very difficult.

Here's the thread I was talking about, and correction he rode 2.4 miles (He originally said 24 ...that's a big difference lol @ speeds up to 60 mph)

In the end he reported he readjusted the parking brake and all was well.

When I tested mine after his thread in 2023..I could not roll mine with the parking brake on , but I could take off with it on, but it was very difficult.
As it should be if the brake is adjusted properly.

Back