• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Zero Gravity Windscreen

honda_nc700x

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I tried a search first, but came up empty. The search tool filers out the key word 'zero', so lots of gravity results return.

I am wondering if anyone has tried out the Zero Gravity windscreens? See following link:
Zero Gravity Windscreen

There are two models for the NC700X - a (smaller) SR series one and a (larger) Sport Touring one. And all sorts of colors/tints.

I had a double bubble windscreen from Zero Gravity for my CBR600 F4i. I really like it and thought it worked well - maybe cause the rider is tucked forward a bit more in the riding position and in a pocket of air, but even sitting up I had much less wind hitting me on the old bike compared to the tiny stock NC700X windscreen.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience/knowledge of these Zero Gravity windshields for the NC700X. I don't want to get anything huge and take away from the looks of the bike. It's a bit of a balancing act between form (looks) and functionality (wind protection).

I am 6'4" with 34" inseam, so I may sit a bit higher up than the average rider.

Thanks for your input/thoughts.

I really like the look AND the price of that. I might give that one a shot myself.

Since they don't have specs on it i emailed them.the touring is 2 1/2 inches taller then stock.and same width.

Nice -- for about the price of most after-market windshields you could get both models and just change them out to best suit the planned ride or current conditions.

Yes it seems to be like the Honda touring but 60.00 cheaper i think.i also noticed it has a slight curve at the top.maybe to push air up and over.i also like the tint it has.

Since they don't have specs on it i emailed them.the touring is 2 1/2 inches taller then stock.and same width.

from the side by side picture on their website, the touring screen seems a lot taller than just 2.5 inches taller than stock. And the top seems wider, too. Optical elusion, maybe? I do like the curved top to push air further up and hopefully around the rider. Any brave soul to ahead with a purchase yet?

from the side by side picture on their website, the touring screen seems a lot taller than just 2.5 inches taller than stock. And the top seems wider, too. Optical elusion, maybe? I do like the curved top to push air further up and hopefully around the rider. Any brave soul to ahead with a purchase yet?

I need to wait a few weeks for my "farkle budget" to renew but I plan on getting one shortly. I'll review it when I do if someone hasn't already.

Please do post back with both pictures and a review when/if anyone purchases this. I had a Zero Gravity Sport Tourer on my GS500F...Loved the look and the tinting, and had really high hopes for performance, but all it did was push the majority of the wind from my mid-chest to my head. It definitely moved it, but the $120 I paid didn't make my ride any better :(

Same experience

Please do post back with both pictures and a review when/if anyone purchases this. I had a Zero Gravity Sport Tourer on my GS500F...Loved the look and the tinting, and had really high hopes for performance, but all it did was push the majority of the wind from my mid-chest to my head. It definitely moved it, but the $120 I paid didn't make my ride any better :(
I had the same experience with the Zero Gravity screens on my V-Strom and my KLR650.
The screens look great, and the quality/workmanship is terrific, but the wind control is not so good.
But maybe they did more road testing on the new NC700X models?

Hoping to post review and photos

I am wondering if anyone has tried out the Zero Gravity windscreens? See following link:
Zero Gravity Windscreen

There are two models for the NC700X - a (smaller) SR series one and a (larger) Sport Touring one. And all sorts of colors/tints.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience/knowledge of these Zero Gravity windshields for the NC700X. I don't want to get anything huge and take away from the looks of the bike. It's a bit of a balancing act between form (looks) and functionality (wind protection).
Hey,
I sent an email to Zero-Gravity today proposing an idea to obtain a sample of their Sport Touring Screen (#23-465) so that I can do a review of the screen and post some photos of the screen on my NC700 which I will then post on this Forum.:rolleyes:
I live pretty close to their headquarters, so hopefully they will be receptive. I'll keep you informed.:)

Watch for the evaluation

I received a reply from Glenn at Zero Gravity and he agreed to let me do an on the bike/road evaluation with a sample of Zero Gravity's Touring screen in light smoke tint. I will ride with the screen in different positions and take photos of the screen on my bike mounted at different heights. I'll travel at varied speeds, weather conditions and traffic conditions. My height is 6'2" with 32" inseam, long torso, 200 lbs.
Stayed tuned if you have an interest in this great looking screen and see how it performs.:rolleyes:

I stopped by ZeroGravity today on my way to Palm Springs and met with Glenn. A very nice guy who is very knowledgeable and talkative. He gave me and my wife a complete tour of the manufacturing facility. Very interesting. They are now into seat manufacturing and sales. Probably not the right seat for a NC700, but mainly for race bikes.
I picked up the ZG Touring Screen and will begin testing and photographing later this week. If it works as well as it looks it should be terrific! I will keep you posted.

Any chance to test yet?
Hey Ziggie,
Just returned from down South. My plan today is to mount the ZG screen and give it a preliminary road test. My initial thoughts are that I like the look of this screen. In size it is about 5" taller that the stock screen and wider at the top. It is not over powering in size. It is a little bit smaller in overall size than the Puig. I like the smoke tint. I'm hoping that the ride will be an improvement over the oem screen. I'll keep you posted.
More later.:cool:

Back