• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

You meet the nicest people on a Hon...um, Meetup ride!

GoRovers

Reaction score
Visit site
I've formed a few Meetup.com groups in the past, mainly for business and bicycling. Last week I launched a new Meetup group here in Orange County, California, It's called NOCSMMMR, which means North Orange County Sunday, Mid-Morning Motorcycle Riders. Here's the link: North Orange County Sunday Mid-Morning Motorcycle Riders (Yorba Linda, CA) | Meetup

19 people joined the group in its first week, and 7 folks participated in our first group ride this past Sunday. We launched from (the city of) Orange, headed down Santiago Canyon and Live Oak to Ortega Highway and then up to the Lake Elsinore Lookout (photo below). Two riders split off at that point, so the rest of us made a run to Lake Matthews. Group lunch at Panera, then home. (A pre-ride meeting ensured all riders understood hand signals, staggered formation, pace and lane filtering.)

I was the only bloke on an NC700X. Another ex-Brit was on a Yamaha R1-M. My old riding buddy Bob was on a BMW S1000RR. We also had an FJR1300, a Ducati Multistrada and a Harley! A fun ride and a nice group of riders.

NOCSMMMR-Ortega-051417-w140.jpg

Nicest People on Honda poster.JPG

Last edited:
Any future plans for Saturday perhaps??

Hi Tae! No second ride scheduled for this Meetup group yet, but always open to suggestions. You can a) join the Meetup group or b) just PM me to schedule a local ride together. This weekend will be HOT in SoCal! On weekends I usually pick one day to ride my motorized 2-wheeler, and the other day on my leg-powered one.

Yup will join the group for sure! Will be hanging out by the beach on saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back