• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yoshimura pipe....yeah finally some real JP performance parts

I can't wait to hear this pipe on the bike while it is under a load ( accelerating ). I'm sure that it sounds great!!!

This thread is worthless without pics...
180-47A-5W80_04.jpg

Here's the question I have, if the bike is designed to burn fuel better and use fuel more efficiently, Then why would changing flow to increase performance help a fuel economics of the bike? With this bike we need to think different. Its not about how quick we get to 80, its about enjoying the ride and getting more than 50 mpg. So wouldn't changing the outflow affect adversely the fuel performance.

Minimize pumping losses??
Also Current price on this pipe is only $550. I now just need the bike to put it on.

This bike is meant for easy riding, with flickable abilities. It does enough to get from 0-100km (0-60mph), just under 6 seconds (to be honest).
Afterwhich, you can really burn some rubber (I seldom use brakes coming into corners, while those speeder boys all jam on their brakes). In the end, it is about enjoying a smooth, brakeless ride.

Challenge: See how much balls you are, when approaching a curve at 80kmh without braking....
Psst, it is just s virtual challenge, don't try it unless you are capable.
:p

Any add on pipe, is just for sounds and cosmetic reasons only. I don't think one can easily change the power performance of this bike.

If they made an exhaust that made my bike electric motor silent and it didn't hurt the fuel mileage, that's the one I would get.

This bike is meant for easy riding, with flickable abilities. It does enough to get from 0-100km (0-60mph), just under 6 seconds (to be honest).
Afterwhich, you can really burn some rubber (I seldom use brakes coming into corners, while those speeder boys all jam on their brakes). In the end, it is about enjoying a smooth, brakeless ride.

Challenge: See how much balls you are, when approaching a curve at 80kmh without braking....
Psst, it is just s virtual challenge, don't try it unless you are capable.
:p

Any add on pipe, is just for sounds and cosmetic reasons only. I don't think one can easily change the power performance of this bike.
Not strictly true about the pipes. Many good quality pipes can be an essential part of improving the performance of many bikes.
I don't know which sports bike riders you follow but I don't know any that would brake from 50MPH (80 KMH) for a curve as good rider would just use his/her engine braking. They would only break from that sort of speed for a hairpin bend

All the aftermarket pipes which I have seen (legal ones) only promise 1 or 1.5PS more with little difference to the performance for this NC700X.
Most or many aftermarket pipes can improve airflow or performance with the usual jump in fuel consumption. Nothing is for free.

The Yoshi certainly SOUNDS good. But the performance chart is only 1PS like the Akrapovic pipe.

So I summarise that, unless you make your NC700X illegal with an illegal mod, all the legit ones will not improve much performance. It will not suddenly become a rocket on wheels (sorry the pun). If there is someone here who have seen a legal pipe which is a slip-on, with say 10-20% PS or Nm increase, I am the first one to be interested. It is useless to generalise about pipes and motorcycles. I was referring to the NC700X.

As for riding brakeless, this is my pet love. I am not a racer. If I was one, I would never have bought this bike. A Fireblade or a HP4 BMW would be on my list.

Racing competitively on a track will require the constant use of brakes. Racers go fast in, brake late and fast out. As for normal people, they try to emulate racers on track or on road(idiots). What I mean is, going into a corner at 80kmh without braking (on a blackforrest road, some go in a curve at 150kmh), that takes experience and some balls.

I hope I can be still doing this motorcycling thing when/if I reach 65 or 70 years. That is an achievement I think. I did say this before, but now I sound like a old broken record.

I'm not talking about riding on a track. I am just saying that the sports bike riders I know would NOT brake from 50MPH to take a curve on the road. A friend of ours who is an ex police rider tells us how when training the first rider that had his brake light come on would have to buy the coffees. To take a curve at those sort of speeds if you are positioned correctly and in the correct gear braking should not be neccessary.

TBH I suspect we are talking about the same point and sharing the same view, if you read carefully again. Many sport-bike riders whom I know, will jam on their brakes in a corner (even at 80kmh) while I will just cruise past that corner.

BTW, the NC700X has almost zero / non-feelable engine braking due to its long stroke motor (honda jazz).

But never mind, it is detrimental to go line by line everything I post or everything you post.

I bet some police trainees, will remove or disconnect their rear-bulbs (of course with this statement, I am just kidding, in case you read me wrongly).
:rolleyes:
Happy riding, Mr Rocker.

You must know some really poor sports bike riders then.
Thanks for telling me that my bike has no engine breaking it makes me wonder how I have survived for the last 6000+ miles without crashing. Of course I bow to far superior knowledge and experiance.
I would comment on any post that I disgree with whoever made it.I would expect those who disagree with me to do the same. It is called discussion..
One of the good things about forums is not only the exchange of knowledge but the exchange of ideas and opinions

Honda NC700X | Ash On Bikes

Kevin Ash = "There’s just one dynamic peculiarity: when you shut the throttle the engine braking is substantially less than most riders are used to...."

I tend to agree with the above statement. The engine brake is peculiar.

Last edited:
Kevin Ash states less than most riders are used to which is correct. You stated Zero which is incorrect. I don't find it peculiar I just adjust the ammount that I rely on it compared with my other bike

Kevin Ash states less than most riders are used to which is correct. You stated Zero which is incorrect. I don't find it peculiar I just adjust the ammount that I rely on it compared with my other bike

Happy said:
BTW, the NC700X has almost zero / non-feelable engine braking due to its long stroke motor (honda jazz).

Zero = Almost Zero ?

Not exactly correct.
Please, stop picking on every decimal point. Thanks.
Also, you are correct, I do know some poor sports-bike riders. When I say poor, I mean they are poor at their riding skills.
They are not poor in the financial sense.

As I said previously if anyone posts a comment I disagree with then I will reply with my personal view just as I would expect those that disagee with anything that I post to do so.
When told that the bike that I ride almost everyday has zero or next to zero engine braking yet I use this way of slowing every time I ride it then I feel justified in commenting on that post. As I said I have done over 6000 miles on the NC and if I was wrtong about being able to use the engine braking then surely I would have had an incident by now

How can you ever be wrong?
We all know your factual view by now.

I am the wrong one, writing incorrect non-factuals stuff on the forum. I must be ignored.

Not meaning to beat a dead horse, but I need to say this. After laying up for 10 days, I took the bike to work today, paying special attention to the engine-braking characteristic of the NCX. I need to correct my previous statement. It does have significant engine braking and sufficient for a motorcyclist to ride with it like a "normal bike". I am not saying it is not a normal bike. It could be also that this is my only bike now, and I have gotten accustomed to it. I apologise to anyone who may have read my previous statement and totally believed me. Thanks for your reading.

Back