• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

YellowStone National Park ride... Who's in the area that would like to meet up?!

Rapturee

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a quick run down of my route and the days where i'll be. Nothing is set in stone as this was just sprung on me this evening by the wife.

When i sat down at the table for supper this evening she says.... "So, i would like you to be able to take your bike, and i'll gladly drive the Excursion and pull the TT"... to which i replied.."really babe? naw you're just teasing me, that's not funny". To which she sweetly responds .."No really, i'll tow the trailer so you can ride!" I almost spilled my diner plate jumping up to kiss her face "OK, right ON!!"

SO, that's how this evening went when i got home late from work, then just be called out again for an hour for a gas leak/inop stove.

Zip-Skippy i am a happy man tonight!! So, here's the link! RV Parky | RV Parks & Campgrounds Directory, Reviews, Photos

I have no idea if we'll have wifi, so i may or may not be able to update ya'all on where i am and what i'm up to or if i will be able to keep up on a Ride Report with pictures but i will try! I do plan on stopping one night at Salmon Id, then further down on the way stopping 2 nights at the Craters of the Moon(cool area with lots to see), then on to West Yellowstone for base camp for 4 days. Using the 29'TT as a base camp will be roughing it, but hey someone has to do it right??!! From camp i'll head through the park and see what there is to see. Then one day i'll head up the Beartooth hwy to Richel Lodge and back. Then another day i'll head over to the Chief Joseph Hwy and down to Cody Wy and back. Should be epic! Then after the 4 days, i'll make my way up to the Lewis & Clark Caves and spend a few hours there and meander on home Saturday or Sunday.

Hope to meet up and ride a few places with whomever is willing to brave the cold weather with me haha!! :{)

Craters of the Moon is really nice. We passed by earlier in the year. A bit too early as only the visitors centre was open due to snow. We walked in a bit but it would be nice to go back and do more. Happy travels :)

9 days and 1600 miles later...i'm back home a day early and managed to beat out a huge SNOW storm too! After riding through amazing weather and some of the most beautiful scenery i have ever seen i managed to pull of a 73.7mpg trip average. Worst tank was 56mpg headed from home over three passes down to Salmon Idaho fighting head/cross winds and 75-80mph. Best tank was riding in/around the park(still with all of my touring gear) at 84mpg were i rode 240 miles to that tank.

I toured/hiked the Craters of the Moon/Arco Idaho area(really nice). An interesting tidbit i did not know, Arco Idaho was the very first american city to be Atomic powered back in the 50's(pretty cool story).
IMG_1754.jpg
IMG_1757.jpg

Then I headed through Jackson Wyoming
IMG_1760.jpg
IMG_1776.jpg

...and to the Grand Tetons and toured/hiked around there. What a cool place to see!
IMG_1764.jpg
IMG_1767.jpg

Then i rode up through Yellowstone and camped in West Yellowstone. From there i was able to ride all over the Yellowstone park.
IMG_1816.jpg
Large Bison Bull at the edge of the trees..
IMG_1821.jpg
IMG_1851.jpg
IMG_1862.jpg

Old Faithful Geyser of course
IMG_1879.jpg
IMG_1909.jpg

The Beartooth Hwy was closed due to snow, but i was able to make it to Silver Gate
IMG_1842.jpg
IMG_1838.jpg

...and turn off for the scenic Chief Joseph Hwy
IMG_1846.jpg
IMG_1849.jpg
IMG_1850.jpg

...and down to Cody Wyoming
IMG_E1854.jpg
IMG_1853.jpg

On my last day, i left West Yellowstone and headed for Whitehall Mt to the Lewis & Clark Cavern State Park. Little did i know that Lewis & Clark were not the ones to have discovered the Caverns but two guys from Whitehall Mt(though i'm sure it's location was known prior to that by Natives and other that travelled the area). Anyway, it was a really cool place to hike/see though i would never/ever want to do it ever again in full MC gear! I was dressed for 35f/75mph riding... not hiking 2 miles!!
IMG_2007.jpg
IMG_2003.jpg

Between my son Micah and I, we took 1k pictures, here are just a few that we've cropped and gone through. I'll put together an album and post it on my profile for anyone to see that wishes to.

Last edited:
Back