• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yearly Oil Change on DCT Model

I suppose one can save two, maybe three dollars/year buying aftermarket parts, but since I have a five-year unlimited mileage Honda warranty on my motorcycle I'm splurging on the OEM stuff.

All receipts go into a three-ring binder w/mileage log and date...I don't want any issues if I ever have to make a warranty claim over the next 100,000 miles or so... ;-)

Honda can't deny you warranty if you don't use their products. Follow the service intervals and your good to go. I understand your precautions and because the cost difference is insignificant why not use the Honda stuff but some of use live out in the "sticks" and there isn't a Honda dealer for miles.

The DCT and manual transmission owner's manuals say 10w-30. The DCT and manual transmission service manual (a more detailed book) has a chart that shows both 10w-30 and 10w-40 being acceptable for all ambient temperatures most bikes are likely to encounter. The transmission type does not dictate which viscosity is ok, rather it just depends which book you are reading. The significance here is that it is difficult to find 10w-30 MA rated motorcycle oil outside the Honda brand, so allowing the use of 10w-40 gives you more options.

Does someone have the picture of the mentioned oil chart from the Service manual to share here?

Amazon has Mahle 575 oil filters for Honda motorcycles for $6 each. If you are not familiar with Mahle, check out their site. It is an add on item with Amazon.....place an order for $25 and add these on.
Amazon.com: MAHLE Original OC 575 Oil Filter: Automotive
That's good but I cannot trust the media pass rate and bypass valve pressure on any aftermarket filter to be the same as Honda OEM filters. Here are genuine Honda spec filters for $4 to $4.60 each. They are the longer length auto filters but they fit just fine and have the same pass rates and bypass pressure as Honda motorcycle filters. I use them on my Honda motorcycles.

Genuine Honda CR-V Accessories- Factory OEM Honda Electronic Accessories

Back