• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

XDX Road Warrior

LuckyBike´s

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey!
Love my new NC DCT
We were out to the forests this weekend and got a "recipe" on what needs to be done. So after a little fix, I'm more than satisfied.

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

Last edited:
Today's mood :)
Bird Pin, windscreen, side stand, fender extenders, short dog-bone (rear suspension)
Everything went well in place and we are getting more and more friends, love the bike.

146065903270816900_resized.jpg

146065903085567600_resized.jpg

146065902371060900_resized.jpg

146065902187443500_resized.jpg

146065901826376600_resized.jpg

146065902002971600_resized.jpg

Last edited:
oooh :cool:

what is a "bird pin"? :confused:

where did you get the:

-handlebar cross bar
-shorter shock links

Please and thank you :D

oooh :cool:

what is a "bird pin"? :confused:

where did you get the:

-handlebar cross bar
-shorter shock links

Please and thank you :D

Hey!

Yes, she comes out nice!

In Sweden it is called "bird pin" it is the strengthening of the handlebars, "stick" you see on the handlebars of 3 picture.

Figure 6 "dog leg" that I cut off 12 mm and welded together.
The hand guards, I bought for an extra price 6 months ago, $ 14, they are no longer manufactured ... or offer no longer here!

Picture 4 Side stand, rather than just extend it with a bite move, I choose to weld it with a fine 14 mm threaded bolt with nut so that I can adjust the length if necessary.

I know from experience that you can buy shorter "dog-bone" on E-bay to:
CTX700 40mm Jack Up Kit
It fits exactly!

:)

I like the frunk protector. Much cleaner looking than the stick-on tank pads. Where did you get it? Is it pre-cut or custom?

Second on the frunk protector. I like it. My frunk is all scratched up. Aso nice work on the side stand. Really like the way you did that.

Frunk protector :) funny name!
It is a piece carbon fiber film / tape, with the help of cutting tape was cut on the spot.

Yes side stand is very effective with this solution (have it on all my bikes for many years, since I love to raise them)

Maybe I'm not-named the fork legs are raised also by 55 mm :)

I turned 2 pipe sleeves of 41.0 (on the outside) x 100.0 mm and 2 pipe sleeves 41.0 mm (inside) x 100 mm removed them out of each 30 mm, welded them together. so I now raise about 45 mm more if I need to. Think it's good like this!

Now it will be tested this weekend starting today!

Eyeing the world market for a 19 "front wheel spokes that can fit !! ..... Humm Talked to Woody, Japan rims etc ....
So now I bought the parts and build one yourself!
1 pieces KTM 125-450 2014-16 25mm axle hub!
36 spokes.
Excel rim black 19 2:50 x (flat track) Maybe I select a 2.15 x 19 when I pick up rim!
Owersize disc 320 mm
450 Euro approx
I lathes 2 new distances to the original NC axle!
I have a 2:50 x 18 "already with expanded gears mount 20 mm to suit straight off ..... The rim is aluminum colored.
I disassemble it, replacing spokes and rim leaves to turn black: 30 Euro + 90 Euro spoks.
It will be exciting shit :)

Wow you don't waste any time! :cool: Take lots of pictures

You are going to need a good skid plate to make any of this really worthwhile ;)

Hello and hope you are well!

Here in Sweden, so the "spring temperature" has finally come to stay, here in Stockholm, we have plenty of water, both salt and fresh water so it may take some time before the heat reaches all the water and find the right temperature (Stockholm core is built on 14 islands and in our archipelago, the world's largest, we have 25000 + islands there ).

Now I have modded the OME suspension and fixed some more with "Riding Position" so now it ´s time for the "road warrior" Bike!

I preloade both suspension so much it went. I stuffed in 38 mm sleeves in the front fork to preloade it.... I'm really satisfied.

Awaiting a little rain to the gravel roads perfect surface, hoping to go out and do a little movie, to show what a NC XDX can do.

My new spoke wheels 1.85 x 19 "and 2.15 x 18" can be ready for next weekend and I choose to increase by 3 teeth in the back, Talked with Honda and it will not affect the DCT system significantly.

It is on the open market an adapter to korigera speed to the current perimeter.

I also choose not to install ABS ring on the 19 "wheel so that way I will not have ABS, Honda says I will get an error code, but it really has no meaning.

Have mounted a 12 volt socket, GPS bullet, reinforced hand protections.... and more stuff!

IMG_2049.jpg

The next step will be to scare up the engine and Honda technician thought that I would start by removing the cat and switch to a slip-on.
Switching to a high flow air filters and getting a power Comander !! ??

Was really surprised how outspoken guy was !! Fun !!

How to get 10 HP more to this engine?

Thank you!

Well one thing!
I have to fix the saddle ..... It is a efektivt obstacle for me to be able to work in the saddle in an effective way. I stick to the rear all the time, neds come up on the back end a lot easier.

Last edited:
Hallo

This weekend we are going out and shoveling gravel, first real tough test, maybe a little movie from this goes to ensure the week. Although the 19 "front wheel is ready to get the rest at home :)
Spoke nipples to the rear wheel was wrong, new coming tomorrow so maybe next weekend so are the new wheels mounted, we'll see!

IMG_2067.jpgIMG_2068.jpgIMG_2069.jpgIMG_2072.jpg

First real Honda NC X Rally test !!

Conditions:
Perfect conditions on all roads, a lot of rain the days before, maybe it was a little too wet with OEM tires.
OEM suspension (front springs prestressed 38 mm)
The bike is the height 50/60 mm
The handlebar is raised 38 mm
Pegs lowered and moved back "axial" 18/12 mm
Otherwise, the bike is completely original!
With the DCT and 745 cc

Waaooo ............
The chassis surprised both me and my friends.
Now I pushed the bike far above what the designers at Honda dreamed of, even if the engine and the DCT box many times chose to fold down.

20 hp more...

How original suspension passed this run, is a mystery to me, for example, two years ago I took out a Tiger 800 XC in the same manner with reinforced springs, Tiger suspension did not work at all, on the contrary, it was a pain to rattle around with. Honda's suspension has certainly had to work very very hard and made many unfair treatments that day, with big jumps and rear wheel rides, but kept it together and backed me all the 195 km, 120 km, was pure hard test.

DCT !! ?? Now I'm a foot gear / clutch Man, of course!
So maybe I'm the wrong man, who also has only 2000 km tough manual DCT run in the spinal column, but I will try.

DCT and I had on several occasions different opinions .... It was both annoying and dangerous, before I make the great judgment above it, so I will simply have to train more, much more.
Otherwise, I love DCT gearbox, and on-road it work excellent at all three positions D S & M. I felt that the engine was too weak to perform at the S position in tough situations, so I chose to switch to manuelt so much it went!
DCT will clearly approved.
20 hp more ....

ABS .... I hate the ABS! Or .... all my life I've hated ABS brakes !! Honda NC 750 X took it out of me yesterday !! ?? Not on a single occasion acted the ABS yesterday! ?? It must be perfectly set. Tiger ABS was a ghost, a ghost unreliable that just messed up there, no matter it was dry or wet no matter enduro tires or road tires.
As I told you earlier that the plan was to Erase ABS feature on the Honda but now it can remain :)
RW, Road Warrior is a fun theme and allows a standard bike to speak "truth" in tough conditions .... Honda gets Pass with special distinction and showed only their rear shapes with their riders this day!

Film and more comments come as soon as I have time!

IMG_2075.jpgIMG_2087.jpg

The rear wheel is finished :)

Now it and the front wheel test fitted a week!

Last edited:
Hahaha I just love your enthusiasm and energy, man- it's great to see someone having so much fun :cool: :D
Haha, thanks!
It becomes even more fun when you check my movies :)

YuoTube 59fursten

My Tiger 800 XC after wheel and fork change

IMG_1050.jpg

And my Africa Queen Built by an old Varadero Spring 2013
Both bikes are on my YuoTube films!

141010088456199700_resized.jpg

Ingenious! hmmm. I may have to pilfer that brake pedal riser idea ;)

Safety wired your dipstick cap as well, I like it! :cool:

I might suggest putting some kind of armour protection around the DCT filter cover, though

Ingenious! hmmm. I may have to pilfer that brake pedal riser idea ;)

Safety wired your dipstick cap as well, I like it! :cool:

I might suggest putting some kind of armour protection around the DCT filter cover, though

NOTE. I used the weld anvil and made two withdrawals, to support and lock the brake adapter, either down or up!

IMG_2120.jpgATTACH=CONFIG]29883[/ATTACH]

The front wheel with the new spacers :)

Attachments

• IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Okay Guys!
The bike is sold !! ?? It went fast and was totally unexpected!

I will not choose a NC 750 again, too few HP and too little options to tune it, now I try something else

The new wheels are still there and is for sale!
900 Euro
Thank you for this short time!
Hanging on here few more weeks

Mvh Lucas

Last edited:
Back