WTB: Stock Rear Seat

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am doing a Russell Daylong seat build and need a donor rear seat for the duration of the seat build at Russell which appears will take most of the summer. I don't want to be without a seat all summer so I am looking for a good condition stock rear seat. PM me if you have one you would like to sell for a reasonable price. Thanks.

JavierNC

Reaction score
I have one with a rip that you could have for some beer money plus shipping. Let me know if interested.

Tron90

Reaction score
What kind of seat are you having them make for you, and the cost if you don't mind sharing? The original owner of my NC put a Corbin on it and I don't find it much better than stock. My last motorcycle, BMW F650GS, had a Russell seat that the original owner had made for a trip from SoCal to Alaska and that thing was amazing. I'd like to get a Russell seat, but the cost seems to be up there...

Last edited:

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
What kind of seat are you having them make for you, and the cost if you don't mind sharing? The original owner of my NC put a Corbin on it and I don't find it much better than stock. My last motorcycle, BMW F650GS, had a Russell seat that the original owner had made for a trip from SoCal to Alaska and that thing was amazing. I'd like to get a Russell seat, but the cost seems to be up there...
You should be able to get decent money for your Corbin if it is in good shape... Corbin's are a love/hate relationship (I love mine).... You can apply that to your Russell!

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am having Russell do the solo seat with the code S3 which has them build the front, but only recover the rear seat to match. So if you do it in all vinyl the S3 starts at $510. The price jumps quite a bit if you want leather inserts, or all leather, heated, drivers backrest etc. Past experience with the Russell you will want a rain cover at the very least. You can make a rain cover for less money than Russell wants for one, but that is an additional cost.

Last edited:

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bump, Still looking for a rear seat. It needs to be in good condition. The rear seat will just have a new cover put over it during the Russell seat build. I am only having the front seat rebuilt so the rear seat will just have a new cover put on it. So the underlying seat, foam etc needs to be in good shape. Thanks.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bump, Still looking for a rear seat. It needs to be in good condition. The rear seat will just have a new cover put over it during the Russell seat build. I am only having the front seat rebuilt so the rear seat will just have a new cover put on it. So the underlying seat, foam etc needs to be in good shape. Thanks.

I have a stock 2012 NC700X rear rear seat in excellent condition that I will sell. Will PM you shortly after I dig it out of the parts warehouse.

EDIT: photos added.

IMG_0097.jpgIMG_0098.jpg

Last edited:

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics of the seat. Just after I bumped this thread I snagged a rear seat off of eBay. So I think I may have my donor seat for my build now. Fingers crossed that the seats I bought will be in good shape and meet the need for my seat build.

Gilstrak

Reaction score
I am also looking to buy stocks seats for a 2015 nc700x to be used as donor seats for a Russell seat build. If anyone out there has some seats they would like to clean out of their garage I am looking until thread updated as found. Thanks.