• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Would you rather have the center stand included from factory?

Current speed display or an included center stand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Havok

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just my own opinion. Looking for others opinion.
Personally I would prefer that the center stand were included in all models of the NC.
Today after installing a Givi top box I tried to get my bike on a rear wheel jack by myself. Before the top box this was a little difficult but doable. Now with the box it is impossible to do by myself. So next accessory will be a center stand.
I would happily trade all the useless crap the speedometer display does. Color changes, starting and stopping messages etc. All I want is trip,distance to empty,time, fuel guage,gear display and overall odometer.
So the question I put to the forum is. Would you rather have the current speed diplay bells and whistles or an included center stand?

Attachments

• 6A00C9EC-D37E-4085-A7F5-F2BFE05E3167.jpeg
    6A00C9EC-D37E-4085-A7F5-F2BFE05E3167.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 3D1BB0B7-4734-4F13-A0DC-AA6AC39428C4.jpeg
    3D1BB0B7-4734-4F13-A0DC-AA6AC39428C4.jpeg
    842 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Just my own opinion. Looking for others opinion.
Personally I would prefer that the center stand were included in all models of the NC.
Today after installing a Givi top box I tried to get my bike on a rear wheel jack by myself. Before the top box this was a little difficult but doable. Now with the box it is impossible to do by myself. So next accessory will be a center stand.
I would happily trade all the useless crap the speedometer display does. Color changes, starting and stopping messages etc. All I want is trip,distance to empty,time, fuel guage,gear display and overall odometer.
So the question I put to the forum is. Would you rather have the current speed diplay bells and whistles or an included center stand?
Like you, I would prefer the centerstand be standard equipment. I would also prefer a simple instrument panel, which is probably one reason I have little interest in the 2021-22 models. The thing is, it’s fairly easy and cheap to add the centerstand, but not easy to change the instrument panel.

Even the fancy newest instrument panel lacks one simple thing I would like, the ability to display the odometer and a trip meter at the same time. I just want to see speed, tach, odometer, resetable trip, high resolution fuel gauge, and a clock, all at the same time.

If new buyers would simply budget the money and time for a centerstand at the time of purchase, that problem is solved. It’s just a shame Honda is playing games to get another $100 or $150 out of the customer for a basic motorcycle.

Yes, I prefer the center sand be included along with a USB connection in the frunk. I did have the dealer install the center stand when I purchased the bike. Hard to do chain maintenance without it.

I forked out an extra $1000 for the center stand, heated grips, and USB charger before I picked up the bike last year. The price was for the parts and labor. When I watched the video about installing the USB plug on the 2021, I was happy to pay the high labor charge.

I also had my dealer install the centerstand before picking up my 2021, but do feel it should have come standard.

I would trade the stupid color bars for an ambient temperature guage in the upper rh corner of the gauge. The only things I use in my intruments are Trip A for recording my daily miles, Trip B for showing how many miles I have on the tank of fuel. The odometer for changing oil/ filters. The reserve countdown to empty because I tend to run them down pretty low on fuel sometimes lol, the clock, and the the gear indicator ( but only because it's there)

I dont need a USB connector and not sure I would use one if it was there

I would have appreciated it if Honda hadn't thought their luggage rack was made out of gold, and probably would have paid $200 for one at the time of purchase, but I haven't really needed it.

I bought Oxford heated grips for under $100 but havent installed them yet. No need with it being summer lol

I like simple odometers and never had a stand on my last 9 bikes but never really needed one. My snowmobile has an optional fancy odometer you can get that does everything, but I would pay not to have it.

Last edited:
My 2015 NC odometer have all information I need (no bells and whistles) except for the missing ambient temperature gauge.

Manufacturers competing for weight figures of their products are reluctant to put factory center stands.

My 2015 NC odometer have all information I need (no bells and whistles) except for the missing ambient temperature gauge.

Manufacturers competing for weight figures of their products are reluctant to put factory center stands.
Probably the weight and price both since it's not something obviously missing.

A week or so ago I rode my 33 year old Dominator over 1800kms during a six day period as part of a group riding backroads. It has a speedometer and rev counter. Otherwise there is an odometer and trip meter. Apart from the usual idiot lights there is nothing else to see. So what did I miss ?

Not a lot really. A clock occurred to me but then the GPS had one. A fuel level indicator would have been handier than waiting on the main tank to run out but as the trip progressed I got used to knowing when to refuel. So I survived without the modern additions on my other bikes and indeed I enjoyed the trip on the old bike immensely without feeling deprived.

I'll probably be the rare outlier but If it came with a center stand I would just remove it. Can't stand how cheap a center stand makes the bike look.
There are a lot of other things I'd rather see done to the bike than something I'd only need a few times a year.

I'll probably be the rare outlier but If it came with a center stand I would just remove it. Can't stand how cheap a center stand makes the bike look.
There are a lot of other things I'd rather see done to the bike than something I'd only need a few times a year.
The more I think about it, I don't like the look of them hanging underneath and I have a tree limb that I can raise the bike with a come along if needed. I have had 9 bikes, but none ever had a center stand and I never really needed one. I might add that I am still waiting for my new NC to arrive.

I wish mine came with one, but as an option would have been fine. I bought my bike used and installing the stand sure was a bear.

Previous center stands have helped me for protection in much rougher terrain than I will ever have the NC in.

I prefer that a centerstand be standard equipment, every bike that I had if it didn't have a center stand I would put one on, everyone has their own opinion but I prefer to do things the easy way(lazy way) like spinning a tire to find a leak, lubing the chain, even washing the tires is easier with a center stand I park in an apartment complex in between my pickup and the neighbors car, the bike takes up less room when it's upright

I wish mine came with one, but as an option would have been fine. I bought my bike used and installing the stand sure was a bear.

Previous center stands have helped me for protection in much rougher terrain than I will ever have the NC in.
Since I am strongly considering a center stand. Could you explain what you found difficult about the installation. I am a diy guy and figured I would do it myself. Any tips would be helpful.

Since I am strongly considering a center stand. Could you explain what you found difficult about the installation. I am a diy guy and figured I would do it myself. Any tips would be helpful.
Look at the video on YouTube by "NC750X Stuff". He has a good video on installing the center stand using a rachet strap. Easy simple.

Havok; It probably depends on the one you get. IDK how many people make them but it's like any part; some fit better and I would be using the ol' tree limb with a come-along for that install.

Look at the video on YouTube by "NC750X Stuff". He has a good video on installing the center stand using a rachet strap. Easy simple.
Good point, Lee_0123. There are several methods for installing the Honda center stand, at least two of which are quite easy to do. If anyone is having a difficult time installing an NC centerstand, they might look for one of the easier methods. When I did mine back in 2012 using Honda’s alternate written instructions, it was an easy job with the temporary help of a second person.

Havok; It probably depends on the one you get. IDK how many people make them but it's like any part; some fit better and I would be using the ol' tree limb with a come-along for that install.
Would probably go with OEM. Guarantee fit and my local dealer is very close to internet prices. Especially if there is a shipping charge.

The fit of the OEM was great. It's just pulling that dual spring hooks onto the perch that takes some effort and patience.

Back