• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Would you rather have the center stand included from factory?

Current speed display or an included center stand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this is a good install video using a technique I had not seen before

This technique of putting the springs on first, starting the pin slightly, then grabbing the stand and levering it into alignment while a helper taps the pin, was in my Honda printed directions as one of two suggested methods. I found it easy to do.

Since this forum is over 10 years old, there should be plenty of searchable past threads on center stand installation.

this is a good install video using a technique I had not seen before

The last time I had occasion to install a centerstand (on the RT) I was trying to use the rachet strap to the rear wheel method w/o success when I saw how I could use a variation of this method to do this without a helper. I took the ratchet strap 90 degrees from the foot of the left center stand to my car parked about 4 feet away. After partially inserting the pivot bolt and hooking the springs in place I looped the far end of the strap around a spoke of the car's rear wheel and slowly pulled the center stand into alignment as best I could with the rachet strap and let the strap hold the strain. I then made the final line up of the bolt holes and tapped the pivot bolt in place with a soft mallet. It took longer to type this than it did to complete it. I have struggled in the past with spring pullers or screwdrivers prying springs into place but this was really easy to do with a 90 degree strap.

Back