• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windshield

It is a bit too tall but it sure is quiet. I'll probably have to "take a bit off the top" once I add bar risers to the bike and reposition the windshield.
It looks so tall that I'd probably be looking through it, rather than over the top of it. How tall are you? In normal riding position are you looking through the windscreen?

It looks so tall that I'd probably be looking through it, rather than over the top of it. How tall are you? In normal riding position are you looking through the windscreen?
I'm 6' 2.5" and I can see over it comfortably but when I get tired I slouch and the top edge is in my field of view. When I install the risers I'll adjust the height an inch or two.

Update on the new Givi D1192ST windshield for the 2021 NC:

It is actually 2" shorter than the GP Komposit that I had on before, yet it does a much better job of directing the airstream. The Givi is wider at the base than the GP, however. It's noticeably quieter and more comfortable than the GP. It is still fairly loud at 75+, but I can easily hear my podcast in my headphones. Face shield still folds down above 65. With the Givi, I actually didn't see a difference between 75 and 90 in terms of noise. Those who like to cruise at 65-70 will be very happy with this one.

Looks-wise, it is more creased and swoopy than the plain GP. That GP looked like someone started out with a simple flat sheet of acrylic and bent it a little and then flipped the top slightly and called it a day. I don't think it looks bad, but it isn't sophisticated. The Givi looks like it is actually engineered and molded. Riding with it seems that way too since it performs better while being shorter.

IMG_1101.jpeg

I called Givi in North Carolina today. They told me there are no D1192ST shields in the US and that they are scheduled to be shipped (I guess from Italy) on 11/29. Suggested I call Tour and Trail in N.C. and place an order which will ship when shields are in stock. Considering the port problems, who knows when that will be?

I called Givi in North Carolina today. They told me there are no D1192ST shields in the US and that they are scheduled to be shipped (I guess from Italy) on 11/29. Suggested I call Tour and Trail in N.C. and place an order which will ship when shields are in stock. Considering the port problems, who knows when that will be?
I don’t know of a Tour and Trail, but I do know that Tour and Ride is a Givi dealer.

Revzilla has a placeholder for the Puig (almost identical to the Givi) on their website and you can sign up to be notified when it is in stock.

Revzilla has a placeholder for the Puig (almost identical to the Givi) on their website and you can sign up to be notified when it is in stock.
For those of you interested in the Puig windshield here's a picture of the Puig 20753H windshield with visor - the smoke version. I purchased it on NC700shop.com about 3 weeks ago and just installed it on my bike. Unless something has changed if you are looking for only the windshield (Puig 20752) then you'll have to look elsewhere.
The 20753H is essentially the 20752 windshield that saldog identified on the Revzilla site with pre-drilled holes for the visor - Ref 6271N. The windshield was only offered in combination at that time but it was what I wanted anyway. Removal of the stock windshield and installation took approximately 15 minutes.
What I can tell you is that the windshield measures 21" (H), 13" (Top W) and 15" (Bottom W).
The visor measures 4" (H) and 11" (W) and is angle adjustable. The hardware is included for everything but the rubber nut plates however the original ones work fine. The hardware seems a bit flimsy to me but it works and I have no concern of it coming loose when riding. Sitting comfortably I have no problems looking over the top. Personally I find that the smoke version of the windshield is fine - not so dark that there are any issues riding at night.
Subjectively I can tell you that it is a vast improvement over the stock Honda windshield. I have the visor on the windshield angled bottom down and it was better than it just being parallel to the windshield. I wear an HJC FG-17 helmet and still hear turbulence which I think is mostly due to my helmet because (interesting to me) if I ride with the visor open I could swear it's relatively quiet at times. Fwiw I am 6 ft tall, 32" inseam, and 195 lbs.
I'm not sure of what else to share that might be of value but I hope this helps anyone who might be interested.

Attachments

• Puig 20753H 2021 NC750.jpg
    Puig 20753H 2021 NC750.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I happened to be reading another discussion on Madstad windshields and it made me wonder where the company was in developing/marketing a windshield for the 2021 NC750x DCT and to my surprise they (apparently) have finished development. So for those of you who may be interested here's the link to the page: https://madstad.com/collections/honda/products/honda-nc750x-2021?variant=39590228263025.

Wow that is some screen
If it's like the other Madstad's I have had it will work very well. They don't just design something and go into production, they prototype it and ride it.

BTW, the price is $289.95 on the website now.

Last edited:
If it's like the other Madstad's I have had it will work very well. They don't just design something and go into production, they prototype it and ride it.

BTW, the price is $289.95 on the website now.
My bad. Unfortunately when I posted the information about the Madstad I had changed the size and color of the screen. The base cost of a clear 18 inch windshield is indeed 289.95 (plus tax and shipping). Please make note that should you change the size and/or tint of your item the price will change.
I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

If someone wants to take the plunge and gives it a thumbs up, I might sell my 3 other windshields and then buy this one. It doesn't look that bad to me. Those wings on the side are a little funky but I'm sure they're functional. I have been pretty dumb buying up different windshields so I will try some discipline and at least sell the others before any further investment.

It would be nice to get some detailed reviews of the Givi and Madstad screens. After I get my seat made, I may get a different screen. I was looking at the clearance when bars are at full lock and it seems there are opportunities for wind protection improvement. If hand guards are used it may not be so much.

I have had Madstads on other bikes and they worked very well. The side wings are interesting. They may look a little funky but they probably work. The new NT comes with something similar.

The first Multistrada had the upper half of the fairing mounted to the bars/forks. Clearance was not an issue since it turned with the forks.

Last edited:
Back