• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windshield

1vol

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone installed aftermarket windshield and been pleased or notso pleased
None however seem 2 have custom fit ones ready 4 2021 nc750x. Even though I doubt there is much change from 2020.

I compared the mounting on my 21 shield with my buddy's 2019 shield and the mounting is completely different although lowrider said he put a shield for an older model on his, but I don't see how?

His has 2 bolts on each side in alignment vertically with bolts spaced equally apart top and bottom

Mine has 2 bolts on each side as well, but the top bolts are further apart than the bottom ones as you can see in this pic. Mine are also on metal brackets his doesn't have.

hcU2l1nh.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of fans of the MADSTAD windshields here.

Lots of complaints about Puig and Givi windscreens on various forums and Facebook pages. It is interesting to see how many people end up modifying and/or adding winglets to those brands to try to make them work.

None however seem 2 have custom fit ones ready 4 2021 nc750x. Even though I doubt there is much change from 2020.
Mounts are different between the 2021 and the 2nd generation 2016-2020 model NC700x/750x. I'd be willing to bet that aftermarket companies are working on new windscreens.

Lots of fans of the MADSTAD windshields here.

Lots of complaints about Puig and Givi windscreens on various forums and Facebook pages. It is interesting to see how many people end up modifying and/or adding winglets to those brands to try to make them work.

Mounts are different between the 2021 and the 2nd generation 2016-2020 model NC700x/750x. I'd be willing to bet that aftermarket companies are working on new windscreens.
Thanks that's what I found out 2 from independent searches

I got the Puig touring windscreen, and I had to add a clip on to the top as well. I'm not a giant, at 6', but I'm not a munchkin. The Puig airstream was juuuuust a bit too low and bounced my head around. Now with the clip on it's perfect.

I got the Puig touring windscreen, and I had to add a clip on to the top as well. I'm not a giant, at 6', but I'm not a munchkin. The Puig airstream was juuuuust a bit too low and bounced my head around. Now with the clip on it's perfect.
Given all the common complaints and subsequent modifications of the Puig screens you'd think they would just change their design slightly and satisfy their customer base.

Given all the common complaints and subsequent modifications of the Puig screens you'd think they would just change their design slightly and satisfy their customer base.

I sit very upright in my riding and have bar risers, so I'm not too put out with it. I've never had any aftermarket windscreen kick air up that high.

I sit very upright in my riding and have bar risers, so I'm not too put out with it. I've never had any aftermarket windscreen kick air up that high.
Several brands come in multiple sizes and/or have multiple angle adjustments to account for different height riders.

Puig's screen is designed for this bike and this bike has an upright riding position so that is an issue they should have designed the screen to resolve. Further, bar risers raise the bars, not the height of the head where the buffeting occurs. The complaints about the Puig screen are so common it still seems reasonable they could have fixed their design to eliminate the common complaints.

Bar risers definitely raise the head and moves it back further from the windshield and more into the air stream
I suppose from the standpoint of an arc, with your but as the pivot point, a short rider with shorter arms would have his/her head rise if the bars were brought back/up but a taller rider isn't going to really see to much affect because they would have minimal lean on bikes like the NC that already have an upright seating position.

Most risers are about 7/8" up or combo 7/8" up + 7/8" back. That is not going to have much affect, but for anyone with short arms or a short torso, 7/8" back will do more put the rider in an upright position than 7/8" up.

2" back, especially for a shorter rider, will have more affect than 2" up.

As taller riders/longer arms already sit upright, putting on risers with raise their arms with the pivot point at the shoulder. Putting on risers that allow for bringing the bars back will not make them sit much more upright because they are already upright.

This whole equation changes with height and reach. I'm 6' with a 34" sleeve. I've got a set of ROX adjustable risers. I no longer use them. They are the 7/8" size. They sit in a box on my workbench now.

Hi folks. Have installed a Secdem Bullster screen and for me, it has transformed my ride. Coupled with my Top Sellerie seat and top box, I now have something that is much better for touring than my NT700V, but not quite as good as the ST1300. The screen gives me upper body protection that to me is on a par with my ST1300's, and much better than my NT700V even when it had a larger aftermarket screen fitted. Have had to fit a blade on the top of my Bullster screen, ugly but it works well for me. I am 6' 0" tall and now have minimal buffeting, near silence and excellent upper body protection.

The screen moves, even after fixing in place properly. It just settles. Or it did. This evening I have located a bolt at the base of the Bullster, just above the headlamp, that goes into the bottom of the original screen (left in place when fitting the Bullster). Have also drilled the Bullster, used some spacers between it and the original screen and bolted it there too, about 1/3rd of the way down from the top of the original NC750S screen. I haven't tried it yet but take my word for it, it won't move (or settle) now.....

Have done just under 6,000 miles with it this year (a figure I once exceeded in a month on my ST1300 when I was younger....) and am very pleased with the Bullster screen. Originally I bought the smoke coloured version, and to me it looked dreadful. So a clear one was purchased to replace it, and although it remains BIG, it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the smoked version did. I can actually look at it without wincing now. Burt it ain't pretty that is for sure.

I found that fitting the Bullster is much easier with an extra pair of hands, one person can maintain position whilst the other tightens up. The angle of the dangle can be adjusted through a few degrees and for me, having it in a more upright position proved to be best after some trial and error.

In short, although the Bullster screen wasn't cheap, for me it has proved to be an excellent investment: I can now cover big miles, cruising in comfort at up 80 mph all day long. It also means that at 63, I still feel inclined to ride the machine when the weather turns cold or wet: these things were once completely ignored but one has now reached the age where getting cold and wet will remain pleasant memories of youth!

Hi folks. Have installed a Secdem Bullster screen and for me, it has transformed my ride. Coupled with my Top Sellerie seat and top box, I now have something that is much better for touring than my NT700V, but not quite as good as the ST1300. The screen gives me upper body protection that to me is on a par with my ST1300's, and much better than my NT700V even when it had a larger aftermarket screen fitted. Have had to fit a blade on the top of my Bullster screen, ugly but it works well for me. I am 6' 0" tall and now have minimal buffeting, near silence and excellent upper body protection.

The screen moves, even after fixing in place properly. It just settles. Or it did. This evening I have located a bolt at the base of the Bullster, just above the headlamp, that goes into the bottom of the original screen (left in place when fitting the Bullster). Have also drilled the Bullster, used some spacers between it and the original screen and bolted it there too, about 1/3rd of the way down from the top of the original NC750S screen. I haven't tried it yet but take my word for it, it won't move (or settle) now.....

Have done just under 6,000 miles with it this year (a figure I once exceeded in a month on my ST1300 when I was younger....) and am very pleased with the Bullster screen. Originally I bought the smoke coloured version, and to me it looked dreadful. So a clear one was purchased to replace it, and although it remains BIG, it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the smoked version did. I can actually look at it without wincing now. Burt it ain't pretty that is for sure.

I found that fitting the Bullster is much easier with an extra pair of hands, one person can maintain position whilst the other tightens up. The angle of the dangle can be adjusted through a few degrees and for me, having it in a more upright position proved to be best after some trial and error.

In short, although the Bullster screen wasn't cheap, for me it has proved to be an excellent investment: I can now cover big miles, cruising in comfort at up 80 mph all day long. It also means that at 63, I still feel inclined to ride the machine when the weather turns cold or wet: these things were once completely ignored but one has now reached the age where getting cold and wet will remain pleasant memories of youth!
Madstad is a fine shield for my 750. Agree...ST1300 is a better "buffet beater" but so is the Goldwing...both too heavy for me now and I'm happy with it. I don't ride or fly in bad weather unless I have no choice and I find I can always have a choice.
Ride safe!!

1632790337331.png

NC 750 X - Variotouringscreen "VTM" 2021​

I have had a mra windscreen my several of my bikes. 500X, V-strom 650 and a Tiger 955i
I asked Twisted Throttle if they would add this to their catalog as MRA only ships to the US thought them.
They said they would...so when I see it there I will get it.

View attachment 46784

NC 750 X - Variotouringscreen "VTM" 2021​

I have had a mra windscreen my several of my bikes. 500X, V-strom 650 and a Tiger 955i
I asked Twisted Throttle if they would add this to their catalog as MRA only ships to the US thought them.
They said they would...so when I see it there I will get it.

Having never looked thru one of those add on screens at the top... is it weird/distorting?

Sure but you have to look down thru the shield at times to verify road surface irregularities or at least I do. If not shields wouldn't have to be see through at all.

Back