• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windshield question: best looking on the NC700X?

nemesis98

Reaction score
Visit site
We have had numerous discussions on what the best functioning windshield is, but what about best looking? My Madstad won't will any beauty contests, so what do you think the best looking windshield on an NC700X is?

I have a Puig (dark smoke) and I really like it. Alot better looking than my CalSci, and helps alot better with the wind.

I think the stock windshield looks best. Honda probably hoped so too, as it's what sells bikes off the showroom floor.

Greg

I think the stock windshield looks best. Honda probably hoped so too, as it's what sells bikes off the showroom floor.

+1. They didn't care if it works or not, as far as they sell the bike, but I agree the OEM windshield is the best looking one IMHO

I think the very small factory windshield sort of fits the character of the bike best. However, I've ordered a Parabellum, but it hasn't shipped just yet so I can't directly compare the factory screen to any other types that I've seen in person. I typically am not a fan of the asthetics of larger windshields (it somehow feels like cheating to me), but I broke down and ordered the Parabellum during "love bug" season hoping it would help to keep my helmet clean.

I own a Puig and it looks great. I saw a Vee Stream on a 2013 on the showroom floor today at the dealer and it actually looked pretty good. I like the mounting bracket. Almost thinking about replacing my Puig with it. Thinking. :confused:

The stock one is nice, but a bit small for me, and I hate the huge ones that are out there.

MRA Vario Touring Screen Windshield Smoked.
_DSC5132.jpg

Mine has been slight trimmed.

You get an awesome metal bracket with the V-Stream too. And it provides a very comfortable ride too. as the wind is diverted around my body. I couldn't be more pleased with the look and function.IMG_1729 (800x600).jpg

Stock is best looking by far to me. I have a Givi but it doesn't work much better than stock. To me the Givi is too narrow to allow the handlebars to go from lock to lock. My ST1300 windshield is about as tall but much wider and it blocks way more wind but it may also be all the other plastic on it helping. I do have a MRA spoiler left over from my sold Ninja 1000. I may try that to see if it helps any.

(meant to be funny, not serious...)
Well, the one I made by hand from Home Depot parts.... looks the best to me!
mywindscreen.jpg

seriously, I'd say the stock looks the best... it just doesn't do the job well.

i have some ideas about modifications on tall stock screen ,but i have no idea,how to draw them in something,to show what i mean

i'm certain,Strat would love them :)

Another vote for the stock screen, I've looked at so many screens and haven't seen a single one that looks better than the stock screen, and I have always changes from stock screens on all my previous bikes.

That's why I'm going for the adjusters rather than a new screen, slide up for motorway stuff, slide down to return to its good looks.

I may well spray mine black though, as my NCX is black I think it'll look cool, and hide the adjusters from the front view, vain I know, but hey, we all like our bikes to look cool, right? :cool:

Back