• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windscreen

LeeInMpls

Reaction score
Visit site
I like my Slipstream Turbo windscreen on my GL650. The screen in the photo is the closest I've seen yet. Has anyone used one? I am looking for an NC750x DCT "not current" or low mileaged 2016 or newer used and they are pretty rare in my neighborhood. I have a link where this photo comes from to an NC700x for sale.

windshieldNCstream.jpg

I like my Slipstream Turbo windscreen on my GL650. The screen in the photo is the closest I've seen yet. Has anyone used one? I am looking for an NC750x DCT "not current" or low mileaged 2016 or newer used and they are pretty rare in my neighborhood. I have a link where this photo comes from to an NC700x for sale.

View attachment 43414
Looks to me like an OEM touring screen (similar bracket and shape, more pronounced wings)20200927_171506.jpg

As you know, the windshield in post #1 is a V Stream by National Cycle. It's a popular choice based on posts over time. By design I believe the Madstad is quieter and less turbulent based on the basic design of these two choices but I'm sure that V Stream users will chime in.

I have a V-Stream tall. It keeps direct wind blast off my helmet, possibly excepting a bit of the turbulent area right at or near the very top of my helmet. I’m 5’11” with a 32-33” inseam pant.

I don’t really like it, because there’s very-low-frequency, high-amplitude ‘noise’ transmitted into my helmet. It’s difficult to tell whether that’s also there with the Honda Touring screen or not, mostly because I haven’t used the Nat’l Cycle one for a couple years or more. I also don’t like the lack of airflow to my helmet at any temps above our coolest winter days (on which I like it a lot).

I used to change to that screen for a couple months for cool-weather commuting, then back to Honda Touring for the rest of the year. That was an okay strategy.

The V-Stream will focus sunlight on your dashboard and melt it if you park north-south on a day when the sun is at the right height in the sky.

You may have a look at this:

yep, I remember that poll....by the way, Cee Bailey not available any longer-Cee Bailey no longer makes motorcycle windshields...

Thanks! The survey is helpful.
To my eye the survey looks like what people have purchased. That may be very different than owner satisfaction. Satisfaction seems to me to be the key in if a windshield is actually effective.

PUIG is 2nd most popular but on various forums & facebook many PUIG screen users seem to replace or alter their screens (adding a wing) to make them work. So is that 2nd most purchased screen actually the 2nd best if people end up spending more money and add wings to make them work?

Cal Sci and Parebellum are not very well known so they have very few votes, but seem to gain high praise from those who have them. Because they are not known, they are not purchased but it doesn't mean they don't work.

Madstad, the popularity winner in the poll with 30% of the vote, seems to get very few complaints and lots of compliments from users.

indeed. I have used the factory bikini screen(worthless imho), as well as the factory touring screen, a 22" adjustable MadStad with wingletts(though i liked the adjustability, it was too small for my height) and a Parabellum tall screen. At 6'6" and 36" inseam, Each of the screens have their strong points and not so good points. For a rider my height the Parabellum has been the absolute best screen i've used yet and i fully intend on keeping it. Their site advertises "Risk free for 30 days".....

http://parabellum.com/PARABELLUM-Replacement-Windshield-for-the-Honda-NC700X-P90.aspx

there’s very-low-frequency, high-amplitude ‘noise’ transmitted into my helmet.

I have the same issue with my Moose Racing windscreen (it is the tall +9" version, 20" total). I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. The windscreen directs air "just" over the top of my helmet, but creates a very annoying turbulence that hits me in the head and creates these low frequency sounds.

My intuition is that the very sharp cut of the plexiglass creates something akin to a wingtip vortex. I am thinking about gluing little VG's (vortex generators) along the top to see if it will spoil the airflow and reduce the low-frequency turbulence (probably at the trade-off of more high-frequency noise, which will be more tolerable). Another option would be to sand down or cut up the plexiglass, but I'd rather not ruin an intact windshield.

I could also get a taller screen, or windshield extension, but it is already pretty ridiculously tall and I don't like having to look through the windscreen when I am looking forwards.

Reactions: MZ5
I got a tall Parabellum screen last year but after a few hours of trying to install it I gave up. Couldn't hold the nuts in place behind the brackets because the screen was in the way. Must be some trick there, maybe glue the nuts to the brackets & hope the spacing is perfect. Anyway I managed to put a tall Parabellum on my VStrom 650 years ago & loved it, especially for winter.

Back