• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windscreen height

Richierich99

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All.
Im 6 foot 4. Looking to ask members what height is your taller windshield. I measured mine and its 490 which is too low. Any help appreciated. Thanks

I added a spoiler to a nice, high Puig windshield, and found out that it did not noticeably affect the wind noise, if that's what you're after. It seems as if the noise is coming from the turbulence at the sides. I figured out that it's easier to wear earplugs.

Shape and angle of the windscreen are going to matter as much height. I think in the end, not to push any particular set-up, most people wind up finding a combination of mounting bracket and windscreen and/or spoiler that works for them personally.

Regardless of what height and shape, the real problem with the NC because of its design seems to be getting a windscreen that's wide enough. Maybe the mounting design of the Madstad and its shape and width can somewhat alleviate that.

I mounted a Puig "Touring" screen on my NC700S and had to switch it back to the original.
The higher screen took some of the wind pressure off my chest but re-directed it straight on my neck and helmet.
At 70 mph the wind was buffeting my helmet so much that I didn't feel safe to ride.
NC700 windscreen.png

I mounted a Puig "Touring" screen on my NC700S and had to switch it back to the original.
The higher screen took some of the wind pressure off my chest but re-directed it straight on my neck and helmet.
At 70 mph the wind was buffeting my helmet so much that I didn't feel safe to ride.

Can you change the angle of the windscreen? Make it a bit more upright to deflect the wind over your head?

I use a Madstad touring windscreen, they come in different heights and can be angled. It takes a bit to 'dial it in' to the correct angle but once it is adjusted it is just like magic!

View attachment 42147
Mid height screens like the Puig, the Givi, and the Honda Touring screen generally make matters worse than stock by
directing air flow right at your neck or helmet.

My choice over the years is to have top of windshield just below line of sight for best visibility. On the Madstad and NC, as previously, this results in the wind flowing over my head. When wearing a helmet, there is an intermittent touch of wind on the helmet top, apparently from turbulence behind my head pulling the stream down. The hand test in from of my helmet shows wind not touching the helmet at all. I know some like to have their head in the airstream (especially the cafe crowd), but my preferred positioning takes all the neck stress off while seated relatively upright.

I’m 6’4 and I had no choice but to increase the height - picture included. Works for my height.

Attachments

• 4D60A6CD-BE72-4D6A-8E5A-754331CAB527.jpeg
    4D60A6CD-BE72-4D6A-8E5A-754331CAB527.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 38
  • B53460CB-F3E4-40A7-977F-7AF401BC55DA.jpeg
    B53460CB-F3E4-40A7-977F-7AF401BC55DA.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 40
I don't want my head out of the wind. I usually leave my stock screen in the low position, never use my Givi one. If I'm riding the interstate for a long trip I'll move the stock one up to the high position.

I’m 6’4 and I had no choice but to increase the height - picture included. Works for my height.

another option is take off the bottom piece and take it to plastics shop and they could make mold for a shield that is the full length you want in one piece. Cost ~$200 to 300?

Also, I too vote for the excellent Madstad windscreen system. - you can order different length shields or custom in any length (same mounting hardware and you can swap out the plastic shield. The separate side pieces eliminate buffeting and the height & tilt can both be adjusted by a few inches by turning the knobs (no tools needed)

Back