• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Will a Bell Arrow helmet fit in Frunk?

bigjeff

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Will a Bell Arrow helmet fit in Frunk? Anyone have one? They are on sale for like $39 - and if it fits in the frunk, I may snag one.

Probably depends on the size. I think most XXL helmets will be a tight fit, if they fit at all. Otherwise, Bell makes a good helmet for the bucks. Just make sure the 'head-shape' of the style you buy suits you.

I remember when I first started riding an old guru of mine telling me " There's two places you don't wanna be too stingy when riding an m/c... tires and helmets.

I just got a bell arrow in Jan,haven't got to use it yet because of snow,this Fri I will be out riding and will check if it fits.

Will a Bell Arrow helmet fit in Frunk? Anyone have one? They are on sale for like $39 - and if it fits in the frunk, I may snag one.

8.jpg

8.jpgI your head is as big as mine, no way does any helmet you own fit in a frunk. However, if you are normal size you have a normal chance it will fit in a frunk. Just got to try it, no magic answer to your question.

smileyquestion.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Bell Arrow in large and yes, it does fit. I also bought mine on sale just recently for a killer price. They must be clearing out the older models.

Probably depends on the size. I think most XXL helmets will be a tight fit, if they fit at all. Otherwise, Bell makes a good helmet for the bucks. Just make sure the 'head-shape' of the style you buy suits you.

I remember when I first started riding an old guru of mine telling me " There's two places you don't wanna be too stingy when riding an m/c... tires and helmets.

My father told me not to skimp on anything that is designed to come into contact with the ground (whether you want it to or not). I've expanded it to anything that is designed to come in contact with the ground, or to keep you from coming into contact with the ground (have to justify expensive parachutes).

That being said price does not have a direct correlation to value. And if you can find a cheap helmet that ultimately does everything you need it to and you'll wear then kudos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

That's a smoking deal. Always a good idea to pick up leftover overstock. I got a steal of a deal on a Shoei Multitec this time last year when they introduced the Neotec. Somewhere in the mid to high 200 range is what I paid for a new Shoei, couldn't pass that up. When Shoei introduces a new modular to replace the Neotec I'll be looking out for closeouts on those as well hahaha. Anyone installing helmet locks on the outside of the bike? Wonder if you could get one to work with the factory key.

The bike does come with a helmet lock of sorts; a cable to be attached under the pillion to then lock to your helmet's D-ring. I purchased a lockable carabiner and find it works very well. My trunk is usually full of stuff now, so I use the included helmet cable. My friend has the helmet lock from Twisted Throttle that attached to your license plate and has a lock on each side for two helmets. I think it is called the Helmet Guardian.

I use the outside helmet lock that came on the NC. Do you not like it? The cable in tool kit that attaches under the rear seat. I leave the cable under the seat on the hook, and when needed just pull out and shut seat, helmet locked.

If your head is as big as mine, no way does any helmet you own fit in a frunk. However, if you are normal size you have a normal chance it will fit in a frunk. Just got to try it, no magic answer to your question.

Well - if someone had one - they could see before I bought one. Anyway - someone answered yes so I bought one for $39.99 plus $6 and change for shipping at the Motorcycle Superstore. As mentioned, it is a closeout - but still a nice helmet. I have a Bell Revolver (modular) and it will not fit in the frunk. Fitting in frunk is desirable to me.

Anyway, the Bell Arrow Turbine with graphics is sharp and priced to sell:

51FhO-MfOtL._SY300_.jpg

Also - Webike sells a external helmet lock for the NC700X for those interested:

KIJIMA : Helmet lock [303-1537]

303-1537s.jpg

Last edited:
The bike does come with a helmet lock of sorts; a cable to be attached under the pillion to then lock to your helmet's D-ring. I purchased a lockable carabiner and find it works very well. My trunk is usually full of stuff now, so I use the included helmet cable. My friend has the helmet lock from Twisted Throttle that attached to your license plate and has a lock on each side for two helmets. I think it is called the Helmet Guardian.

When we ride two up, my wife uses the helmet lock, I use the frunk. Getting on or off the bike I just twist the key one way then the other, she can get her helmet from the pillion and I can get mine from the frunk.

That way my helmet gets protected from any wind/rain/hail etc. while hers has no need for that protection (on account of I won't ride with her during inclimate weather)

Instead of buying a helmet lock,and I really don't like the short cable I am going with a gun lock.I had a extra laying around.its longer,can go through the face shield or d ring.can be locked to frame,lower footpeg.it will fit behind the gas tank it that space above rear light,or frunk.
8u5uhahu.jpg
zyze3u9y.jpg

Well - got the Bell Arrow - thanks UPS MAN! I am a big guy with a really big head so I got the XXL version of the Bell Arrow Turbine (black grapics) for $39 USD on closeout at the motorcycle superstore. Shipping was waved cause i am such a good customer.

The verdict is - YES, it fits in the frunk. It does take a little push cause' the xxl shell is tight on the sides of the frunk - but it goes in without any scratching of the helmet at all and the lid closes easily as if there were nothing there.

Very pleased.

Instead of buying a helmet lock,and I really don't like the short cable I am going with a gun lock.I had a extra laying around.its longer,can go through the face shield or d ring.can be locked to frame,lower footpeg.it will fit behind the gas tank it that space above rear light,or frunk.
8u5uhahu.jpg
zyze3u9y.jpg
This is what I also use, works great!!

I am happy with my new bell.its quite, and has the extra cheak pads which my fulmar didn't have.I can also get a shield that changes to dark in the sun.

Back