• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wider handlebar - suggestions?

placebo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I've got a stock 2017 NC750x and I'm finding the stock handlebar too narrow (I'm 6'4" and big through the shoulders). Finding that my throttle hand is cramping / going numb when I place it against the inside edge of the throttle grip but it's okay when I hold the outer 1/3 of the grip. Not the safest, though! I'm hoping that switching to a wider bar will allow me to move my hands outwards from the centre of the bike but still have a safe grip on the throttle.

Any suggestions on what would work for a wider bar? No idea what to look for... Make / model / width info would be appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Hi. I've got a stock 2017 NC750x and I'm finding the stock handlebar too narrow (I'm 6'4" and big through the shoulders). Finding that my throttle hand is cramping / going numb when I place it against the inside edge of the throttle grip but it's okay when I hold the outer 1/3 of the grip. Not the safest, though! I'm hoping that switching to a wider bar will allow me to move my hands outwards from the centre of the bike but still have a safe grip on the throttle.

Any suggestions on what would work for a wider bar? No idea what to look for... Make / model / width info would be appreciated.

Thanks very much!
There are probably plenty of aftermarket bars available in any size/shape. But if cost is no matter, I'd guess Honda dual sport bar, like from a CRF250L would be wider and more comfortable. I would compare NC vs CRF measurements for you but I'm not able to for the next few days.

I've found I do the same and often wondered if I would be better off with a wider bar. Pro Taper has been suggested to me as a quality brand but I dont know anything about sizes or what I would be better off with so I havent looked much further.

I'll be interested o see other responses though I don't think very many on the forum have swapped out their handlebars.

One thing to consider regarding aftermarket bars is the vibration. If they don't use a weight system, you can end up with more bar vibration, even with the NC. I find that when handlebars vibrate more, I get an overall sensation that the engine is not smooth, even though in reality the engine is unchanged.

I bought a used NC where the PO had installed aftermarket bars that lacked weights. I fought that bike a lot trying to make it run more smoothly, but in the end I determined that the bars were just making it feel like it vibrating excessively.

Back