Wider handlebar - suggestions?

placebo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I've got a stock 2017 NC750x and I'm finding the stock handlebar too narrow (I'm 6'4" and big through the shoulders). Finding that my throttle hand is cramping / going numb when I place it against the inside edge of the throttle grip but it's okay when I hold the outer 1/3 of the grip. Not the safest, though! I'm hoping that switching to a wider bar will allow me to move my hands outwards from the centre of the bike but still have a safe grip on the throttle.

Any suggestions on what would work for a wider bar? No idea what to look for... Make / model / width info would be appreciated.

Thanks very much!

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I've got a stock 2017 NC750x and I'm finding the stock handlebar too narrow (I'm 6'4" and big through the shoulders). Finding that my throttle hand is cramping / going numb when I place it against the inside edge of the throttle grip but it's okay when I hold the outer 1/3 of the grip. Not the safest, though! I'm hoping that switching to a wider bar will allow me to move my hands outwards from the centre of the bike but still have a safe grip on the throttle.

Any suggestions on what would work for a wider bar? No idea what to look for... Make / model / width info would be appreciated.

Thanks very much!
There are probably plenty of aftermarket bars available in any size/shape. But if cost is no matter, I'd guess Honda dual sport bar, like from a CRF250L would be wider and more comfortable. I would compare NC vs CRF measurements for you but I'm not able to for the next few days.

fleetingyouth

Reaction score
Visit site
I've found I do the same and often wondered if I would be better off with a wider bar. Pro Taper has been suggested to me as a quality brand but I dont know anything about sizes or what I would be better off with so I havent looked much further.

I'll be interested o see other responses though I don't think very many on the forum have swapped out their handlebars.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing to consider regarding aftermarket bars is the vibration. If they don't use a weight system, you can end up with more bar vibration, even with the NC. I find that when handlebars vibrate more, I get an overall sensation that the engine is not smooth, even though in reality the engine is unchanged.

I bought a used NC where the PO had installed aftermarket bars that lacked weights. I fought that bike a lot trying to make it run more smoothly, but in the end I determined that the bars were just making it feel like it vibrating excessively.