• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why British Bike Brands Are Coming Back

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Chinese Zodiac may have given us the Year of the Ox for 2021, but MCN thinks it should be rebranded as the Year of the British bike – and no wonder. With bigwigs like Norton, Triumph, Royal Enfield, BSA, and others bouncing back for the second millennium’s new decade, we’re more than a little excited for the masses of machines that have been – and are about to be – reintroduced to the mass market.

But how have all these brands been able to come back to life?

We’re told a few juicy details from MCN.

A view of Triumph's facility

Source: MCN

Firstly, we’re told that “the tempting combination of world-leading engineering expertise and evocative brand names” is in part to blame for the resurgence. Leading-edge schools such as Coventry and Warwick pose a tantalizing treat for the automotive industry by supplying “a steady stream of new talent,” which in turn lures companies in to lay development facilities in the area.

Local facilities that breed local, solid, British-made bike brands.

A side view of British bike brands

Source: MCN

Secondly, Triumph has played a massive role in “single-handedly [keeping] the lights on for the British bike industry.” The report emphasizes that this is since the ownership of John Bloor, a brilliant billionaire businessman who owns Bloor Holdings, the parent company for Triumph.

Also, what better way to ensure a bike brand is able to stay steady than to have that bike brand be one of multiple businesses thriving along the chain of financial support that is Bloor Holdings?

Lastly, we recount the thriving motorcycle R&D industry Britain’s motorcycle community has. It’s purportedly “packed with skilled personnel who (interestingly enough) learnt the ropes at Triumph.”

A side view of British bike brands

Source: BizBehindSports

It stands to reason, then, that the companies of old are at a greater advantage than they were a scant 50 years ago – and you can thank Triumph’s clever handling for the hand-up.

Drop a comment below letting us know what you think – you know we love hearing from you, and as always, stay safe on the twisties.

The post Why British Bike Brands Are Coming Back appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Yep and IF you can afford them go ahead.
Triumph is over priced.
And I would not buy one of the others because of the rarity of them.
Can I find parts? Are they expensive? Where is the closest place that can do repairs on them or get a warranty repair?
The Jap four have been the leaders because of affordability I think.

Note that RE and BSA are Indian made (hence lower labor costs) and have started with new tooling and manufacturing methods. The original Brirbike industry died because of worn out equipment, a refusal to modernize in the 60’s (when BSA was #1 worldwide) and labor issues. They were selling 1930’s tech in the late 60’s, early 70’s when Honda was state of the art. The British bikes had handling nailed, but they leaked oil, had marginal quality and reliability. The Japanese bikes lacked the handling but were rock solid reliable and very low maintenance. I love the old Bribikes, but wouldn’t want to head on a long trip on one. The Enfields have been built in India since the 50’s. In the last few years they have brought out some outstanding bikes (Himalayan and 650 INT & Continental). The ONLY reason I’m not on an Enfield today is the short (3k) valve adjustment intervals and tube tires. Valves adjustment on these are easy, I’m just past the point where I enjoy that stuff anymore. Ditto for tube type tires, been there, done that, no desire to do it anymore

Last edited:
Some of the prices are indeed ridiculous. I have owned two modern Triumph Triples and loved both especially the last one (1200 Explorer). I am mildly interested in the new BSA but need to find out more about it.

Back