• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which would you choose Puig Touring or Honda Tall Windscreen

Larryb

Reaction score
Visit site
Just so happens i have a Honda Tall Windscreen on order. I really wanted the Puig Touring in light smoke but could not find one. Of course as my luck goes i discovered one in stock days after i ordered the Honda version. I have seen the Puig Touring in person and is a really nice looking piece of equipment. I have yet to see a Honda Tall windscreen in person so have no idea how it looks or how much extra wind protection it provides. I am almost half tempted to quickly order the Puig and sell the Honda windscreen when it comes in.

Can anyone let me know how they like their Honda tall windscreen and how it compares to the Puig if possible??

I added the wunderleich wind deflector to my Honda touring screen and now I love it. But it needed the wind deflector to make me love it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I have the Honda Touring Screen and when I have the extra funds I plan on getting a MadStad. At first the Honda Touring Screen was a nice improvement over the smal fly screen, but it has increased the wind noise and buffeting on my helmet. I'm over-all not pleased with it at this point. From what I've read on the forums most who went the Puig route were happy with it, but then again some like the Honda one too. So, I guess since you have already ordered the honda one just try it out, it may work for you then again if not, sell it and get the Puig..

I am 6'1" so not to sure if the Honda will do a good job of blocking wind. The Puig in light smoke is extremely difficult to find in stock which is why i am so tempted plus i think the Puig is a nice looking functional windscreen.

I received an email from Puig telling me that light smokes should now / soon be available. I have ordered one from Solomoto www.solomotoparts.com yesterday.

Last edited:
I received an email from Puig telling me that light smokes should now / soon be available. I have ordered one from Solomoto www.solomotoparts.com yesterday.
0.jpg

According to the USA distributor Tucker Rocky : PUIG Est. 2013/08/20 So look for this windshield after 08/20/2013. The windshield has been sold out for a few months now!

SmileyGuessSo.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
And the clear ones have been out of stock everywhere in the US also. The US importer told me they are getting a shipment in to distributers any day now. Mine is on backorder from surfsidemoto.com and will ship as soon as they get one. $119.95 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
I'm going on two months now since I ordered my lite smoke Puig. Supposed to ship tomorrow. I ordered it from SoloMotoParts on Jun 19th.

Going back to the OP - I can only say that I got the Honda Touring Screen included in an upgrade package when I bought the bike and my personal view is it is absolute rubbish for my height. I really do wonder if the design criteria was "just make it twice as big as stock - we can then call it a Touring screen and charge £145 for it" - I somehow think aerodynamics DID NOT form part of the specification?

To clarify I am just under 6ft with a 32 in seam and the Honda Tall screen is very noisy and produces a lot of buffeting around the helmet - I refitted the stock screen for a while which, although not giving as much wind protection, is much quieter and no buffeting.

I wanted to buy the Madstad but I am put off by the price for the moment so I have reshaped and reworked a spare screen I had for one of my old bikes and fitted it using the Honda Touring Screen mounting bar. I was not expecting too much as it has the top edge "forward flip" and is a few inches taller than the HTS -actually it is pretty good - about the same noise factor as the stock screen with no buffeting and very good protection - and more by luck than judgement it is right on the mark for maximum height without interfering with my view of the road.

Anyone need a spare HTS - without the mounting kit!

Big thanks. My honda touring windscreen should be here Friday. Waiting to see how much I get paid tomorrow to see if I can order the Puig. If I order the Puig ill list the brand new Honda touring windscreen on eBay or here if anyone wants to buy one for a really good price :)

I have the Honda Touring screen and I agree it doesn't work as is... but I really do think it works well if you add the Wunderlich Wind deflector. That deflector costs $135 which is more than I paid for the Honda Touring screen, but I know I will be able to use it on any other windscreen I have in the future.
The adjustability lets you put the wind right where you want it....
The width of the Honda Touring screen is not as wide as others so you get more air right at the shoulders...and I actually like that as it is warm the majority of the year... airflow is a very good thing to me at the right places.

I am planning on trying to mount a Calsci on the Honda Touring screen bracket/brace for the cold months, so I can have a huge pocket of relatively dead air to ride behind when it is cold out.

I'm not sure how pricey the Puig or the Madstad is, but my Honda Touring screen was $115 on sale and my Wunderlich wind deflector was $135 shipped.... so $250 total for what I consider to be a very adjustable windscreen with great airflow on the sides. Not a bid deal.

Here are some pics of the Wunderlich deflector and a link to their website
Wind Deflector All Items For This Bike | BMW Wunderlich America
Wunderlich1.jpgWunderlich2.jpgWunderlich4.jpg

I paid $120 for the light tint Puig Screen. Which was $5.00 more than your Honda Touring and $15.00 less than the Wunderlich. It works great for me. But I am glad that you found a setup that works for you.

The bracing on the Honda windscreen is great. Wish every windscreen came with that bracing. The Puig uses the small bends in their screen to provide its support. Shame you can't put the two together.1.jpg

smileycoffee.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Thats a GREAT deal on that screen! Where did you get it?
I'll have to check my records. I bought it during a special pricing event at a store which was also offering free shipping. They may have been over stocked with screens. I had been searching for this screen for several weeks and ran across the special pricing event. Do daily searches and be patient, that is my shopping method.

I have the Honda Touring screen and I agree it doesn't work as is... but I really do think it works well if you add the Wunderlich Wind deflector.

I did look at the Wunderlich Deflector and I must say it looks nicely engineered (as it should be for the price!) and the adjust-ability is excellent but I worry that the small footprint clamp will be constantly flexing the parent screen at its weakest and least supported point, the top edge right in the middle. I would not like to think of the consequences if it managed to break away at, say, 90mph as there's only one place it would be heading (literally)!

Back