Which screen for a newbie?

Archetype

Reaction score
2016 stock shield installed. I’ve had my bike a few months now and originally the wind didn’t bug me but the longer my rides the more I’m getting beat down which causes fatigue. I’m 6’7 and from what I’ve gathered the puig won’t make much of a difference for me, but man that madstad is ugly in my opinion.

Wedders

Reaction score
I had a Madstad on my Tiger and it worked well. But I can’t stand the looks so not fitting one to my nc unless I go touring but that’s not going to happen.

hansonb4

Reaction score
If you haven't ridden the bike yet, how do you know you want to change the screen?

All I use the screen for is minimizing the wind push at high speeds, like 80 mph.
I agree with this comment 100%. First I think the stock screen looks good on the bike. Secondly, I recently completed a 2,450 mile ride and at 5'10", my neck only hurt the first day and last day, when I was forced to make distance on I-20, riding 6-7 hours on the Interstate at 80 mph. Other than that, I had no issues with the motorcycle whatsoever. If you are of similar height, I suggest waiting to see how the stock screen works for you.

kebrider

Reaction score
I have the MRA Vario and it works well for me when I have high quality ear plugs in. Minimal turbulence. I have the same shield on my BMW !200R and the noise and turbulence levels are almost identical between the two bikes. I regularly do 600 mile days with the screen with no undue fatigue. Quality product that looks great on the NC.

melensdad

Reaction score
FWIW, neither my wife nor myself use ear plugs while riding. Some of that is due to the Madstad windscreens working so well. Some of that is due quiet to full face helmets, not all helmets are the same, some are pretty quiet, some noisy. But the Madstad, if it is sized properly, puts the turbulence just over your helmet. Even with my Arai and all the vents closed, its louder for me to ride her bike than to ride mine because her windscreen is sized for her 5'8" height not my 6' height.