• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Whats the best accessory that you have added to your NC? What do you use the most?

I upgraded to Honda OEM heated grips, a Sargent seat, and the OEM center stand. After several years of going without on all three counts, the heated grips and Sargent seat are more than welcomed on the road. I'm very glad to have the center stand as well.

Isn't it the stator that supplies the electricity, not the battery?
I think the charging system maintains the battery which supplies current to the system. When you turn the bike off accessories on any unswitched power circuits continue to work until the battery is discharged.

Last edited:
I think the charging system maintains the battery which supplies current to the system. When you turn the bike off the heated gear continues to work until the battery is discharged.
That sounds like a bad idea. I'd want it to go off with the motor with a relay circuit.

Heated grips is noted a lot here and while I live in AZ it does get cold occasionally. But, I did not add heated grips, instead I bought a good set of heated gloves. They are supposed to plug into a heated jacket system but you can get an adapter so one can just plug in the gloves. I am very happy with them, last winter was great.

I agree with that. I've used my wife's heated glove liners before, and they're even better than heated grips as far as keeping hands and fingers warm.

That sounds like a bad idea. I'd want it to go off with the motor with a relay circuit.

I don’t disagree. I have other circuits on switched power but heated clothing is not one of them. It’s not as bad as it sounds. When you shut off the bike and get off of it you have to disconnect the heated gear from the wiring harness to the battery. If you sit there on the bike not moving the heated gear gets very hot. You’ll probably not leave it on long ;)

Last edited:
55 degrees is ideal riding weather for me. Yes I do have heated grips on all my motorcycles. As for the answer to the thread title question, the best accessory is the center stand, but that should be standard equipment anyway.
Do you have any issues with cornering clearance?
I had to take the center stand off of my Bandit due to the center stand grabbing the road on the twisties. Much safer if the pegs touch first.
I am new to the NC and haven't been very aggressive yet.

Do you have any issues with cornering clearance?
I had to take the center stand off of my Bandit due to the center stand grabbing the road on the twisties. Much safer if the pegs touch first.
I am new to the NC and haven't been very aggressive yet.
The OEM center stand never touched in my most aggressive riding. My NC had about 5/8" more ground clearance than stock. Since I've been here can't recall even one post about grounding the center stand in corners.

I just finished wiring my heated grips yesterday. Of course it going to hit 75° today, in November, in Wisconsin, so won't get a real test of them yet, unless I get for a ride out early in the am ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

For me, the order of accessories is:
1. Center stand (should have come from the factory with it)
2. 12v or USB power
3. A phone holder, for navigation. This simple aluminum one from Amazon is amazing. Perfect shape for an iPhone, and really excellent grip around the case:

The mod I have that gets used the most is the paint protection film I added when I first bought the bike to protect from stone chips. Its always guarding my paint 24/7. I noticed when I got my bike back from the break-in service there were some gouge marks on the plastic I assume where they had to pry the fairing off. The film saved me from a nice gash on the painted surface at least.

Attachments

• Resized_20201106_095917.jpg
    Resized_20201106_095917.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Resized_20201106_100008.jpg
    Resized_20201106_100008.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 23
The mod I have that gets used the most is the paint protection film I added when I first bought the bike to protect from stone chips. Its always guarding my paint 24/7. I noticed when I got my bike back from the break-in service there were some gouge marks on the plastic I assume where they had to pry the fairing off. The film saved me from a nice gash on the painted surface at least.
I have had my plastics off an estimated 15-20 times. There is no reason, at least on 2012-2015 models, to ever "pry" the plastics off. And the only cowl removal needed for a 600 mile service would be the lower cowl. Whoever performed your break-in service needlessly damaged your bike.

When I bought my 2012 NC it was pretty well loaded with accessories. The best accessory that I added was handlebar risers.

I have to choose one I guess, so then this would be the satellite controlled chain oiler. My NC is my first chain driven bike in 25 years and I expected that regularly cleaning and oiling the chain soon would be forgotten, and I was right. So I contacted the Dutch engineer who designed the Pro-Oiler and had it installed by himself on my bike.
Only once a year I have to top up the oil reservoir with cheap engine oil 10W40 (as advised) and clean the chain, that's all the maintenance it needs. Installed at 300 kms / 200 mls and now the counter shows 17,000 kms / 11,000 mls. Still the original chain without any clear wear and no stretch.
I must remark that I ride 4,000 kms / 3,000 mls per season in good riding weather, never in winter. That reduces wear also. But nevertheless, the Pro-Oiler does its job very well and without any fuss.

My favorite mod has to be the tail delete that moved the tail light into the tail. I just love the way it looks and get a lot of comments on it.

The most used or functional mod has to be my swing arm swap. Looks worlds better, much lighter, and easier to do chain adjustments.

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 60
Easily the oem luggage. Especially my newest NC since it has the top box also with the luggage. I don't even use the side cases anymore unless I'm really going on a long trip. I use the top box every time I ride. It's so handy being able to lock up my helmet and jacket inside of the top box everytime I stop somewhere. Or, if I need to pick up something while I am out, tons of room in the top box to throw whatever in and go. I used to hate the look of top boxes, but after having and using one now, I don't even care what they look like anymore. Lol

Back