• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What would be a nice pet name for our NCX700?

BigBlue, my ST13 was my first named bike. I also had the Midnight Blue, F800ST which was Lil' Blue. My CRF230L was Lil'Red and the 250L was (Red) Rover.
Now my NC is Red but will be Lil'Red when the Motus arrives; he will be BigRed. My CB900Fs' and PC800s' were never named.

The only vehicle I've ever named was a '63 Chevy wagon, named La Bamba in sparkly letters around the crank for the back window. The paint was so old it looked like flat brown, really made the letters stand out. :cool:

Her name is Skookum. A word from historic peoples of the Pacific Northwest. Generally accepted to mean good, strong, powerful, brave.
>T

Last edited:
Her name is Skookum. A word from historic peoples of the Pacific Northwest. Generally accepted to mean good, strong, powerful, brave.
>T
Like it. Brings back memories of my time in Alberta where the term was commonly used. A friend from there was transferred to a sawmill in Barnesville, Georgia. Today, 20 years later, you can find some folks around Barnesville who still use "Skookum" and Remember the Canadian they learned it from.

Only had mine a week, but just decided on Hank. Honda NC = HNC = Hank. I actually thought about Nancy but resisted a female name for something that usually takes me away from my wife!

An older friend of mine that rides once said to me. "A motorcycle is a lot cheaper than another woman and the divorce that would certainly ensue."

An older friend of mine that rides once said to me. "A motorcycle is a lot cheaper than another woman and the divorce that would certainly ensue."

After 40 years of marriage to the same woman I shudder to think what a divorce would cost. Much better to stoke the fire and don't let the flames of love die out.

My wife and I were out for a ride on our Triumph Rocket III Tourer two Sundays ago and I could feel the power and the bike was ready to jump to life with the slightest twist of my right wrist.
So, when we got home I jumped on the internet quick.
Then turned around and told her I have named the Triumph.
This was odd to her since I have never named a single vehicle in 53 years of life.
I told her it's name is Ringo!
She looked at me like I was crazy (nothing new there!) and asked how I came up with that.
I reminded her how we enjoy watching the old western show "Wanted: Dead or Alive.:
In that show Josh Randall's horse is always dancing, wanting to get going!
That is his horse's name.
So, that is our Triumph's name - Ringo.

Then just two days later I was coming home from work on the NC.
Again, thinking it is time to name this wonderfully unique treasure.
I turned off the main drag a couple roads early and came down an ally.
The one neighbor has a dog that always comes running and barking at everyone that passes.
The dog stood there absolutely frozen in it's tracks and dead silent.
Just staring.
He acted as if he had just seen a space ship or something I thought.
So I thought the two name options were Jupiter 2 or the Millennium Falcon.
Since I even had to use spell check right now for the Falcon name I thought I would go with the easier to spell.
Plus, if I would ever have it written on the bike it would start one one side and end on the other it is so long.
If I recall correctly "Jupiter 2" was the name of the ship on the old TV series "Lost in Space."
Since both animals and humans alike look at the bike as if it is from another planet - I felt the name fit!

God bless!!

Michael

whilst in Spain a group of teenagers came over and with practicing English said ` mr your moto is beyond style`...upon repeating the story to my daughter on return to uk ,the name stuck and she calls it ` beyond style` red 700x

Well..... It's an NC 700 X so it probably ought to be a name that starts with X

Xena Welcome Guest (also Warrior Princess)
Xavier Bright
Xirena alluring Siren
Xylina from the forest
Xela from the mountain
Xylophia lover of the forest

Xirena seems to be the most fitting for me, at least as far as the effect she has on me. Not sure if the name will stick though.

Back