• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question What if there's a gas shortage this winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget who said it "America always does the right thing after trying everything else". We have done so much to improve air quality. Unleaded fuels, catalytic converters, electronic fuel injection, charcoal canisters (dont forget about spray cans and other industries) . But the air never gets better Russia, China, India have done S---! When the people wake up from this dream and realize even if you eliminate all the ICE vehicles out there how are you going to heat your home? Mine has Oil, you might have LPG or propane I don,t see any Catalytic converters on chimneys. Yet we close down pipelines(they are the most energy efficient non polluting method) and employ thousands. Give Russia a waiver for a pipeline to Germany and give Billions of dollers worldwide to under developed countries to help develop there air qualities(they don,t but LOVE the money). Yes America always does the right thing. I have to go right now working on a Bootlegging thing right now for production of fuel from all the HOT AIR from Washington.

how are you going to heat your home?
I have a heat pump with central ducting. It's great AND relatively cheap.
Unfortunately, our electricity is 63% from coal fired plants and 13% from other fossil fuel sources. The remainder (24%) comes from various forms of renewables.
We have the potential for much greater renewable sources, but that's a long way off right now.
We also have huge uranium deposits, but the eco-nuts for some reason oppose all forms of mining (unless it's used to make batteries, I guess?) so the government has put a moratorium on uranium exploration and extraction.
If we want to get completely off fossil fuels in the short term, we NEED nuclear or it is practically impossible.

Reactions: IRA
I have a sister who is a big 'greenie', she's a hippy from the 60's. She was complaining because I don't have an electric car and I eat meat. I suggested we wipe out the entire human race and all of the livestock (because they pass gas) to make the world a better place. She said that would be great! I asked her if she was willing to start the elimination of the human race with herself.

Crickets.

You can't fix stupid.

I have a sister who is a big 'greenie', she's a hippy from the 60's. She was complaining because I don't have an electric car and I eat meat. I suggested we wipe out the entire human race and all of the livestock (because they pass gas) to make the world a better place. She said that would be great! I asked her if she was willing to start the elimination of the human race with herself.

Crickets.

You can't fix stupid.
There is no need to ask for volunteers to hasten the process. We are already working our way quickly towards that end.

I forget who said it "America always does the right thing after trying everything else". We have done so much to improve air quality. Unleaded fuels, catalytic converters, electronic fuel injection, charcoal canisters (dont forget about spray cans and other industries) . But the air never gets better Russia, China, India have done S---! When the people wake up from this dream and realize even if you eliminate all the ICE vehicles out there how are you going to heat your home? Mine has Oil, you might have LPG or propane I don,t see any Catalytic converters on chimneys. Yet we close down pipelines(they are the most energy efficient non polluting method) and employ thousands. Give Russia a waiver for a pipeline to Germany and give Billions of dollers worldwide to under developed countries to help develop there air qualities(they don,t but LOVE the money). Yes America always does the right thing. I have to go right now working on a Bootlegging thing right now for production of fuel from all the HOT AIR from Washington.
You're right my friend. "Lets Go Brandon"!

Hey guys, this thread is riding more than a little off topic and heading straight to the highly politicized ditch. I feel like We should get back on topic or shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back