• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What Dual sport tires ( 80/20 ) can you run on a NC700X DCT

trjerm

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi , I just had a flat on my 2015 NC700XD DCT yesterday and want to know what dual sport tires you can run on the DCT /ABS
without having transmission or abs issues or should I just put Pirelli Angels on it

Pirelli MT60 tires come in stock NCX sizes. While not 50-50 dual sport tires, they might claim to be 60% road, 40 off-road. The MT60 came stock on my Zero DSR, and I have a set to put on my NC.

670 are those the MT60 RS or just MT60 and has anyone used Visor from the UK for tires in the states
I’m not sure. I’m not able to look at the tires now to confirm which type they are. As for the MT60s in the NC sizes, I purchased them still new from a forum member here.

Also thinking of just getting a Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3 To match the front of the red NC700X DCT instead of changing them both,
but I have Pirelli Angle GT's on the black NC700X DCT and they work great till hard parts drag
decisions decisions

Heh, i'll through my hat in here. I too recently had a flat on the rear and with the advice from another DCT rider, i ordered up a nice new pair of Shinko 705's, 150/70 for the rear and a 120/70 for the front. The rear i should have installed weeks ago(sorry) and am just getting around to doing it tomorrow as i am once again moving this week as well. I'll post some pics in the "what did you do to/with your NC today once it has been changed over. :{)

I ended up getting a Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3 to match the front , that's in pretty good shape.
Please let me know how you like the Shinko 705's , I am going to order and install a center stand
and switch the foot shift kit to red bike from black bike
until I get noisy rt side of engine figured out on black bike

Some that I have used:

Shinko 705 150/70
TKC70 Rocks 150/70
Avon Trail Rider 160/60
Battlax T31 160/60
Battlax BT-023 160/60

This list shows the miles I got on each tire. They were not always worn out when I switched them out.

image0.jpeg

I'm really liking the reviews on the Motoz Tractionator GPS... they make fromt and rears and reviewers are claiming over 10k Treadwell with a great multi use tire.

Anyone running TKC80’s? Just wondered what they’re like as a winter tyre option in UK.

Back