• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What do you carry on your bike?

denete

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious about what people carry in their top case, panniers, and frunk on a daily basis. Lots of people on the Internet like to show off the things that they pack for adventure riding and camping, but I'm curious about your everyday carry.

no panniers
A tool roll in a tube.
Top box - a few different temp range gloves, a small container with water in a spray bottle & paper napkins, a cable lock, parking foot, a large cloth and a small towel on the bottom, anti-gravity power supply/jump starter, a 12V compressor and a flat kit.
When I have the vStream screen on a pillow case in the frunk, and also cap for helmet hair.

I have saddle bags, in them I carry a tool bag which also contains a tire plug kit, cable lock, bungie cord, rain gear. In the left bag I carry a socket set, a Lightning Bolt (jump start for battery) a couple bottles of water and a rag. In the Frunk I carry a .32 cal. revolver, a bottle of water, spare set of gloves, a rag, snacks and fast food coupons and a flashlight. All these go with me whether on the 700 or my cruiser. We do a lot of back road riding and it's a long way to walk for a screwdriver, etc.

Left pannier: rain gear, fleece, xtra gloves, spare helmet visor.

Right pannier: tool kit and first aid kit.

Top case: empty, ready for helmet

Frunk: odds n ends. Water bottle, microfiber rag, side stand expander for dirt/gravel, tire gauge, gps/case, baseball hat, and the pigtail to plug in my phone or to connect the battery tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frunk - tool kit - tire repair kit - pump - spare gloves - cap - flashlight
Top case - gear for possible weather situation...maps

1. air compressor and tire repair plugs/tools w/ CO2 inflator (first layer of redundancy I won't give up)
3. minimalist set of tools (adjustable wrench, 4 sockets w/ Motion Pro T-handle, bit driver set, Leatherman MUT, pliers, etc)
4. gator, spare socks, glove liners, 1 bottle of water in cold weather ... bandana to soak w/ water, minerals (potassium, magnesium, etc), and 2 bottles of water in hot weather
5. small pouch w/ action camera, spare batteries for camera, spare memory cards, and charging cable
6. tire pressure gauge (one digital, one hose type w/ analog dial - yes, more redundancy...what's wrong with me)
7. 2 spare mags
8. ball cap
9. windex wipes
10. Flashlight and 2 puck lights
11. rain gear
12. first aid kit

The rest I carry in my pockets or on my belt.

It would be great if everyone could (if they want to vouch for them) list the brands and models of the equipment you are using - such as the compressor, flashlight, etc. If you have found one that works especially well and that you would buy again.

Also interested in what first aid kits you are using. I recently did my first aid re-certification and it got me thinking about carrying one. However, I am finding it hard to find a small kit with the right stuff.

Thanks!

For daily commuting, no side cases:

I use tool tubes inside of the side case mounts.
One side holds my disc brake alarm, locking cable for my jacket, helmet visor cleaner & microfiber rag.
The other side is various tools for the small nuts and bolts on the bike, loctite, voltage tester, electrical tape, and a few other odds and ends.
The frunk has a kickstand plate and my rain shells if rain is called for, otherwise it is empty. My helmet goes in there.

For long distance riding:
The above, plus I put on the 37L side cases and 42L top case and cram them with whatever, including a compressor and patch/plug kit.

I have a phone, a credit card and both the AMA card and an AAA RV membership in case something happens that I can't fix.

Mostly just ride to/from work, about 10 minutes round-trip. Accordingly, just have the following:
Top-case:
Extra set of clothes (work in a wet environment) and towel.
Work boots
Trash bag (to put boots in if they get muddy)

Frunk:
Extra gloves
Goretex jacket liner
Small air compressor
Various tools, just in case.

Eventually I need to get a plug kit, and I'd like to replace the oem luggage with something larger so I can more easily fit and access my full aerostich suit when I go to work--it won't easily fit in the sidecases with all the pads, my boots won't fit in the side cases either, and there ain't enough room for the both of 'em in the top case. lol

I'm curious about what people carry in their top case, panniers, and frunk on a daily basis.
My daily commute is only about 60 miles and I usually have the panniers and top case off the bike. I keep a pair of rain gloves and a tire repair kit in the frunk at all times along with my lunch. That is it for me on a daily basis.

I trudge into the classroom with all my Aerostich gear, helmet and boots still on and keep a pair of dress shoes under my office desk to change into.

Last edited:
My daily commute is only about 60 miles and I usually have the panniers and top case off the bike. I keep a pair of rain gloves and a tire repair kit in the frunk at all times along with my lunch. That is it for me on a daily basis.

I trudge into the classroom with all my Aerostich gear, helmet and boots still on and keep a pair of dress shoes under my office desk to change into.
I've ridden the same route the same way for two years and only ridden without my panniers a handful of times, out of the four or five times I've ridden without them I got pulled over, luckily only a warning for speeding but I think it's because the NC700X looks like a crotch rocket when naked, at least to someone who doesn't ride. My side cases are also OEM so they are the same or more narrow them my handle bars so they don't affect my lane splitting

Left pannier: Chain lube, tire repair kit, first aid kit, and jumper cables

Right pannier: Pants for my suit

Top case: Three sets of gloves (heavy, medium, and light), jacket when not in use, and helmet

Frunk: This is my junk drawer. Ziplock Bag (registration and insurance card), a couple of ink pens, notepad, a bottle of water, a dry rag, phone charging cable, a pair of safety glasses.

I used to keep my panniers in the garage except on trips... heck with that. Now they stay on the bike to save garage space. (And to show off my destination stickers.

I keep the frunk clear for my helmet.
No panniers.
In a top box on the rack I have a tool kit, tire repair kit, twist ties, a bottle of water, band aids, aspirin, a rescue type knife, and a package of almonds.

On long trips, NOTHING is more important than chain lube. 90 weight gear oil can be obtained from pretty much any truck stop or auto parts store in a pinch, but it's easier to be prepared before you set off.

For short trips/commuting, I just have my top case which contains my lunch box and coffee thermos. Frunk is designated for my helmet and the gloves (2 sets) glasses (dark and clear safety glasses), and a microfiber cloth.

Frunk:
1. USB dongle on my SAE battery tender pigtail
2. Sidestand puck
3. USB cable for my phone

Top case:
1. Extra t-shirt
2. Extra gloves
3. Tire gauge
4. Cargo net
5. Bungee cord
6. Hand towel
7. Frog Togs rainsuit

When I get off the bike in this configuration, I put my helmet in the top case (won't fit in the frunk), gloves in the top case, and jacket in the frunk.

》Right pannier contains:

A toolkit that can handle nearly everything you would expect to deal with on the road (and then some)

Rain suit -jacket, pants, glove covers, and booties

Spare pair of gloves

Cycle Pump

Antigravity Jumpstart battery

Microfiber cloths

Folding baseball cap. Brim folds in thirds

》Right forward compartment contains:

2oz Fuel additive bottle with a mix of Startron stabilizer/ethanol treatment and Lucas Oil fuel treatment. I add this every tank this time of year as I never know how long the bike might sit after a snowstorm.

Several pairs of earplugs.

Gerber multitool

Package of tissues

Sunglasses

My cell phone when riding

Kickstand puck

Pens and a small Rite-in-Rain notepad

》Both left side compartments and the top case are usually empty unless needed for that trip.

sent from a Speak and Spell connected to a phonograph equipped with a saw blade, fork, and umbrella.

Back