• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

After a long day in the NC's saddle yesterday I had some outside chores to do and after that I took the Elite 80 out for an hour. Unseasonably warm weather has spurred azaleas and dogwood to bloom a little earlier that usual. 5 miles was a perfect ride.

IMG_2984.jpg

Day 51 of riding, the naked CB1100 hadn't been ridden in 7 days, so it got a little exercise ...61 miles @ 74 degrees and sunny

I did a test ride on a 2023 C400GT today. It is very comfortable, crazy smooth, handles well, and the stock suspension actually performs pretty well. But at the end of the day I am going to keep my Xmax. I would love to have found out that it was the perfect scooter, but it just was not substantially differentiated from the Xmax I already own. Funny, the Xmax is better off the line but I have to wring its neck on the higher end of the range. The BMW, however, performs a little differently (still peppy and smooth) on the low end but not nearly as challenging to gain speed on the top end compared to the Xmax. The Xmax has much better storage under the seat than the BMW by about 2X, and the front cubbies are much bigger also. The BMW is definitely better in fit and finish. Anyhow, I know a few of us are interested in scooters so I thought I'd share.

My wife used to ride a Yamaha 400 Majesty. But a few years ago we traded it in on a quad with snow plow, which we needed more due to my age/ condition to clear our long winding uphill through the woods driveway in the winter. She has kind of been getting the itch again and today went and looked at a PCX 150 scooter from Honda. She like it pretty much, but is going to take her time on deciding. Shes not sure how serious she is about starting riding again at 71 years old.

My wife used to ride a Yamaha 400 Majesty. But a few years ago we traded it in on a quad with snow plow, which we needed more due to my age/ condition to clear our long winding uphill through the woods driveway in the winter. She has kind of been getting the itch again and today went and looked at a PCX 150 scooter from Honda. She like it pretty much, but is going to take her time on deciding. Shes not sure how serious she is about starting riding again at 71 years old.
That sounds like fun maybe the two of you can enjoy together! Sounds like a good trade on the quad. I've really become interested in scooters and follow a few forums. The PCX 150 (160 this model year) are pretty much adored by their owners...typical quibbles but not much more.

After 8 days of nursing my strained lower back I got in 90 minutes of wind therapy on the RT. Amazing what wind in the face does for the lower back!

So much better than the ice and heat routine of the past week. I hope I never take for granted the way we get to feel the subtle changes in temperature and the myriad of smells in this beautiful creation we call home.

53 miles @ 72 degrees and sunny on the CB. Took a pic for the monthly photo challenge on the CB forum of "something taken between the spokes of your CB". For me it was the ceramic pig mascot for the Chilo Dairy Bar in Chilo Ohio, which smokes their own pork and makes fantastic pulled pork sandwiches, we stop at often in the summer, a place we just call "the Pink Pig"

Nacejkth.jpg

This was taken on a ride down there last summer on the NC. The blue bike is my buddy's 2019 NC 750.

Zk3TtLAh.jpg

Charged batteries on the Strom and Dominator. I might have to replace the battery on the Strom as the Optimate is showing 80% efficiency. The voltage a couple of hours after charge is 12.6V. It is now at least 5 years old.

<Delayed posting for a day while admin worked out photo posting issue>

I rode the Goldwing and the NC a few days ago, so today it was time to break out a couple machines not ridden since last November or December. First, a spin on the Zero, still fueled from last year’s 50% charge (recommended storage level). Time to run the old electrons through the motor and put some fresh ones in tonight, haha. Then I switched to something different: my wife’s Ryker. It was a cool 42*F so the rides were short, but I look forward to more tomorrow![33522897-AA00-4729-B072-7E1AF4ED251A.jpeg

Back