• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

I was a great fall riding day, so my wife and I waited until the temperature reached 50*F this morning, then rode the Goldwing to the famous Moonshine Store in Illinois. We usually go twice per year, in the cooler spring and fall weather. Today's ride was perfect.

On the way home we came across a produce stand that offered all their pumpkins and gourds for free - take whatever you want. Well we couldn't fit many pumpkins on the Goldwing, but we did our best and filled a saddlebag with small pumpkins and gourds.

CDAB9804-9F2E-4FF9-8095-0D39936F63A7.jpeg

Last edited:
I was a great fall riding day, so my wife and I waited until the temperature reached 50*F this morning, then rode the Goldwing to the famous Moonshine Store in Illinois. We usually go twice per year, in the cooler spring and fall weather. Today's ride was perfect.

On the way home we came across a produce stand that offered all their pumpkins and gourds for free - take whatever you want. Well we couldn't fit many pumpkins on the Goldwing, but we did our best and filled a saddlebag with small pumpkins and gourds.

View attachment 50752

A very seasonal motorcycle colour.

View attachment 50752
Never seen it when it wasn't packed with motorcycles lol

Never seen it when it wasn't packed with motorcycles lol
Yes, we were amazed at how quiet it was at Moonshine on such a nice day. The customers were all old people like us, the ones with the free time and flexibility to go there on a nice midweek day in autumn.

Temperatures have finally dropped a little in these parts........

View attachment 50931
Are you riding any distance on the snow-covered roads? Do you just ride on them until you reach dirt? I hope I don't sound like an idiot asking these questions. I've never ridden a motorcycle on snow before. However, I used to ride this thing called a snow rabbit which was a motorcycle converted to a snow machine with a track in the rear and a ski upfront. Lots of snowmobiling too.

Are you riding any distance on the snow-covered roads? Do you just ride on them until you reach dirt? I hope I don't sound like an idiot asking these questions. I've never ridden a motorcycle on snow before. However, I used to ride this thing called a snow rabbit which was a motorcycle converted to a snow machine with a track in the rear and a ski upfront. Lots of snowmobiling too.

I was just out for a backroad run with some friends and the weather turned bad while we were out. I was enroute home alone and decided to cover this road guessing that the cold temperatures would have a slight fall because we had encountered snow elsewhere. Tbh it was too light to be an issue and there was plenty of grip because the knobs were easily penetrating it. It just added a little variety to the day.

I got caught out in a sudden snow squall that covered the roads a couple years ago on my FJR. About 10 miles from home. Made it home safely, but it was the most butt-puckering experience I have ever had riding a motorcycle

rVZLDQOh.jpg

I have ridden in snow flurries a lot though. As long as the road surface temp is above freezing, it's just like riding in rain. Better even as you don't get wet.

tGHDZzZh.jpg

ECMLqesh.jpg

uDqke4sh.jpg

As long as the roads are clear ...

aOCNnLQh.jpg

I got caught out in a sudden snow squall that covered the roads a couple years ago on my FJR. About 10 miles from home. Made it home safely, but it was the most butt-puckering experience I have ever had riding a motorcycle

rVZLDQOh.jpg

I have ridden in snow flurries a lot though. As long as the road surface temp is above freezing, it's just like riding in rain. Better even as you don't get wet.

tGHDZzZh.jpg

ECMLqesh.jpg

uDqke4sh.jpg

As long as the roads are clear ...

aOCNnLQh.jpg
Now I think you're prodding me! (Kidding of course)
I love riding, but not like you and @Griff ! Hats off to you two.

I was just out for a backroad run with some friends and the weather turned bad while we were out. I was enroute home alone and decided to cover this road guessing that the cold temperatures would have a slight fall because we had encountered snow elsewhere. Tbh it was too light to be an issue and there was plenty of grip because the knobs were easily penetrating it. It just added a little variety to the day.

Not gonna even pretend that I have the cajones to venture out with a risk of snow. As I am reading these posts I just don't know how to even develop the skills to ride in those conditions.

That is incredibly cool Dave! How did you manage to get that detail?
Sometimes you answer a phone call at the right time. Four years ago someone called the Honda dealership I was working for and asked if I could recommend anyone that was comfortable riding with a passenger on a Goldwing or ST1300. I answered that call and replied I did know someone and I was also comfortable doing so on both bikes. The person owned a business that supplied motorcycle riders to event organizers and she needed two moto riders for a local community triathlon a few months away. My friend and I did that event and then got a call to work the Daytona event in 2019. Since 2018 Daytona Endurance has been a stop for international triathlon athletes on the world competition tour so it creates a huge pro-am event with up to 600 amateur entrants per race. The amateur race courses of 56 miles are mostly on public roads nearby but riding on storied DIS is pretty unique.

Sometimes you answer a phone call at the right time. Four years ago someone called the Honda dealership I was working for and asked if I could recommend anyone that was comfortable riding with a passenger on a Goldwing or ST1300. I answered that call and replied I did know someone and I was also comfortable doing so on both bikes. The person owned a business that supplied motorcycle riders to event organizers and she needed two moto riders for a local community triathlon a few months away. My friend and I did that event and then got a call to work the Daytona event in 2019. Since 2018 Daytona Endurance has been a stop for international triathlon athletes on the world competition tour so it creates a huge pro-am event with up to 600 amateur entrants per race. The amateur race courses of 56 miles are mostly on public roads nearby but riding on storied DIS is pretty unique.
Timing is sometimes all you need! That is awesome!

Back