• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

i too had one of those Boneshakers years ago. I so enjoyed riding it but got stopped by people all the time wanting to ask all about it. pictured here 15 years ago with one of my boys, he is now 6' and 17yo!

IMG_0637.JPG

1. Changed the air filter on my Goldwing a few days ago. An all day job.
2. Mounted a Delkevic on my VFR. The V4 sounds like a Ducati now. It is (@bigbird) fault.
3. Fuzeblock on the VFR.
4. McCruise cruise control coming this week for the VFR.

B6E3DDD1-6CF5-48D8-87F3-E88B34C36B7F.jpegCB56F30B-4F35-4BCF-866C-5828DBEB6FFC.jpegD3866BB0-A3A0-4B9D-9CCD-C9BEE826CBAB.jpeg8F417155-FE7A-463A-B681-F6EE05B29C34.jpeg

Last edited:
1. Changed the air filter on my Goldwing a few days ago. An all day job.
2. Mounted a Delkevic on my VFR. The V4 sounds like a Ducati now. It is (@bigbird) fault.
3. Fuzeblock on the VFR.
4. McCruise cruise control coming this week for the VFR.
All day? The newer 1800 ‘Wing must be considerably worse than the old one for air filter changes.

All day? The newer 1800 ‘Wing must be considerably worse than the old one for air filter changes.
No, I just took my time, labeled bags, watched Fred’s videos to guide me, lunch break, etc. I had to undo and redo a couple of things because I had hoses or wires routed wrong and didn’t realize until I got to the next step, etc. I wasn’t on the clock and spent a lot of time tinkering.

Next time, I would guess it will take less than half the time. Still a big job!

By the way, I got the Fuzeblock based on your recommendation. I like it. Thanks.

No, I just took my time, labeled bags, watched Fred’s videos to guide me, lunch break, etc. I had to undo and redo a couple of things because I had hoses or wires routed wrong and didn’t realize until I got to the next step, etc. I wasn’t on the clock and spent a lot of time tinkering.

Next time, I would guess it will take less than half the time. Still a big job!

By the way, I got the Fuzeblock based on your recommendation. I like it. Thanks.
Glad you like the Fuzeblock. I have one on my Goldwing. I like the feature where you can very easily set the outputs to be switched or unswitched.

Just can't keep 'em on the farm anymore. Enjoy!
I'll still have one of my NC's, maybe both if I can't get this bike to work for me, or I just don't like it as well in general. Gonna mess around with it for a while, then decide which NC to sell if I like it. I may convert the 2016 to full track bike, and convert track bike back to street and sell it. I doubt I will be tracking the Yamaha anytime soon, as it will likely need suspension upgrades and a few other things. I just want it to play around with on the street for now. Who knows what will come later.

New 705 rear tire put on, front sprocket replaced and oil change getting Versys 300 ready to head for Newfoundland next Monday.
ensure you meet the following; U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents must be both fully vaccinated and test negative for COVID-19 within three days to get across one of the world's longest and busiest land borders

Got out for a brief ride on some backroads and over to my buddy's shop. Cranked out a few wheelies! Dang I've missed hooning around on something with power! Can't wait til I get it to where I can ride it more easily and for longer periods. These things are quick!

20210812_200503.jpg

20210811_234646.jpg

20210812_183051.jpg

20210811_223927.jpg

Changed the oil and filter in my CB 1100 for the 16th time. Wish the NC was this easy to change the oil and filter on.
Wow. I changed may NC’s (w/ manual transmission) oil and filter this morning, and I don’t see how it could be any easier, except maybe if there was no filter at all like on our scooters. Of course, on every other oil change there is no filter to change on the NC, so it’s super easy.

Wow. I changed may NC’s (w/ manual transmission) oil and filter this morning, and I don’t see how it could be any easier, except maybe if there was no filter at all like on our scooters. Of course, on every other oil change there is no filter to change on the NC, so it’s super easy.
So you do full 16,000ish miles on one filter? I've always changed filter every time I change oil, especially in something like the NC since it has fairly long oil change intervals. But that could be overkill, I suppose, however filters are cheap so I'll probably still change them.

So you do full 16,000ish miles on one filter? I've always changed filter every time I change oil, especially in something like the NC since it has fairly long oil change intervals. But that could be overkill, I suppose, however filters are cheap so I'll probably still change them.

I don't have better knowledge of engine lubrication systems than what engine engineers would have. I have no reason to doubt that 16,000 miles is a good interval for a filter change, and I figure they are even being conservative in that recommendation as well.

Without testing engine wear or doing oil analysis, simply thinking that 16,000 miles "seems" too long for an oil filter is not a valid reason to doubt the published maintenance schedule.

Back