• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Did a quick 25 mile ride on the CRF250 at 50*F, but tommorrow should be warmer. Looking forward to tomorrow‘s ride.

Did a 920km round trip to a Rally at Killarney on the Strom with the Wife. Its an annual event and very enjoyable. The trip down on Friday was in bad weather with heavy showers and gale force winds. Saturday was better and the trip home today across country while cold was otherwise enjoyable. One Lady participant who is in her 40's and a beginner on a little Honda 125 did very well in such conditions. Her kids think She is mad.

An awesome after dinner ride. It stormed earlier but quit a few hours ago. With a temp of 75 by 6 PM the roads dried up (for the most part, still damp in places) so I rolled the CB out and took it for a 45 mile country curvy roads ride.

I didn’t have a lot of free time today, but I did a 35 mile ride on the Zero DSR. I just love this bike! Every time I ride it I tell myself I’ll never buy another internal combustion engine motorcycle. For now, I have plenty of ICE motorcycles to carry me over until new electric motorcycles get even better than this one.

Yesterday, after farm chores and dump run, took my ole Suzuki C50 for a two hr arid around Levi, Marion, and Alachua counties. Last 10 miles I took out my ear buds to check the noise level of the new helmet ..not bad, quietest helmet I have ever owned, but never have owned a shoei, arai, or schuberth- it is a LS2.

Today I loaded the CRF250L Rally into the trailer in hopes of doing some camping and forest riding soon. This week I had installed 400w solar panels on the little camper‘s roof so I want to see how that works, too.

AD64FD1D-B253-461E-B001-4E46661602D2.jpeg

Got the Ruckus scooters out to make a grocery run with the wife to a small town nearby.

Picture upload not working again :(

I’ve spent 4 days camping and riding my Honda CRF250L Rally. Total miles ridden was just over 500. Half of my riding time was on gravel and forest roads, those I might avoid with the NC700X, but which I seek out on the dual sport. The weather was excellent, with high temperatures for riding in the 70sF, and lows for camping in the 40sF, light wind and dry all the while. The dogwood and redbud trees were in bloom. I couldn’t have asked for a better dual sport week.

05ACAD09-356D-4D6B-AB3F-D0381620051C.jpeg70794719-4BCE-49CA-B75A-599E24A9E54D.jpeg67EF053D-A5B3-487A-925F-6F1D23CF6AB5.jpeg59004BA3-7399-44E7-98F7-A3AF5ACDDF4A.jpeg94FD7502-1D99-484F-B08A-2C19C9EE1691.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve spent 4 days camping and riding my Honda CRF250L Rally. Total miles ridden was just over 500. Half of my riding time was on gravel and forest roads, those I might avoid with the NC700X, but which I seek out on the dual sport. The weather was excellent, with highs for riding in the 70sF, and lows for camping in the 40sF, light wind and dry all the while. Dogwood and redbud trees were in bloom. I couldn’t have asked for a better dual sport week.

View attachment 51705View attachment 51708View attachment 51706View attachment 51707View attachment 51709
Looks like a nice retreat. How did the solar panel work out?

Looks like a nice retreat. How did the solar panel work out?
The solar was a dud, this time anyway. My camp site was in partial shade, or rather filtered sunlight because the leaves are still infants, but I got almost nothing from the 400 watts worth of panels. Luckily, my site had electric hookups as backup. It looks like the solar panels will give me good power if I’m camping in open sunlight, which I always avoid (I hate sunshine). Of course, the panels will charge the battery while I’m traveling on the highway, but the truck does that, too. The jury is still out on the worthiness of the project.

At home, in the open driveway, on a clear day, the panels generated more than enough to power my refrigerator and charge the LiFePO4 battery.

The solar was a dud, this time anyway. My camp site was in partial shade, or rather filtered sunlight because the leaves are still infants, but I got almost nothing from the 400 watts worth of panels. Luckily, my site had electric hookups as backup. It looks like the solar panels will give me good power if I’m camping in open sunlight, which I always avoid (I hate sunshine). Of course, the panels will charge the battery while I’m traveling on the highway, but the truck does that, too. The jury is still out on the worthiness of the project.

At home, in the open driveway, on a clear day, the panels generated more than enough to power my refrigerator amd charge the LiFePO4 battery.
Very cool project nonetheless. Here at home, last billing cycle I had 20 days on solar and 11 days on the grid. The 20 days produced enough excess energy to earn a credit for my 11 days, powered the whole house for the 20 days, pool heater on a few days too, and FPL owes me 50 bucks. First month worked out well. I will need one more battery if I want to completely ride out a hurricane and run air conditioning.

Quicky ride on the CRF250 today to test out the front tire I replaced yesterday. Tire change was a success. Very windy for riding today.

I shipped our Strom down to Greece a few weeks back to a location about 100kms from Athens. There we joined a group of 15 bikes including the tour leader, for an intense 12 days riding over 2000Kms+ on some of the most technical roads in that country. It is very mountainous and we were up high most of the time. I'll post a few photos over a couple of posts.

AKFUE6828.JPG

IMG_4285.JPG

IMG_4307.JPG

IMG_4340.JPG

Today offered beautiful riding weather, so my wife and I did our biannual run to Moonshine Store in southern Illinois onboard the Goldwing. She had the famous Moonburger; I got the grilled chicken. It was well worth the 220 mile ride (we tossed in a few shopping errands, too). Temperatures ranged from 57*F to 75* F; it was sunny and dry. We chatted with a few other motorcycle riders there - mostly old people like us that are retired and free to go on any weekday.

0909F6BC-A476-4D25-B63D-971E508A9F72.jpeg

Last edited:
Today offered beautiful riding weather, so my wife and I did our biannual run to Moonshine Store in southern Illinois onboard the Goldwing. She had the famous Moonburger; I got the grilled chicken. It was well worth the 220 mile ride (we tossed in a few shopping errands, too). Temperatures ranged from 57*F to 75* F; it was sunny and dry. We chatted with a few other motorcycle riders there - mostly old people like us that are retired and free to go on any weekday.

View attachment 51990
This is not tongue in cheek. You should seriously begin a thread on aesthetic maintenance of motorcycles. Every one of your bikes that I have seen appear to be absolutely pristine. I try but pale in comparison.

Back