• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Just spent an hour riding on my other Honda...the quad with snow blade clearing the driveway. The forecasters were right it's a balmy -7F and it's pretty cold out lol.

fAe4SFah.jpg

It was finally above freezing today, ie. 50s *F, and only misting rain, not pouring down rain nor snow, so I went for a ride. I filled the bike up with gas, added a little oil too. It was nice, sure got a lot of funny looks from people... Look at that "idiot" riding his motorcycle, doesn't he know it's raining.... ;)

I did my first motorcycle ride of 2023, not on the NC, but on the CRF250. It was beautiful riding weather for a midwestern USA January 1. Temps were mid 50s F with heavy overcast sky, zero wind. Recent rain had cleared the salt and debris from the roads.

43 mile ride today on the CB 1100. Stopped for gas and bike wouldn't restart. It's not easy for a 72 1/2 year old fat guy with a heart condition and high blood pressure to bump start a 575 pound bike but I managed to do it and headed for home. Battery is 4 1/2 years old and I knew it would die soon as my batteries last about 4 years it seems. I had actually considered replacing it before my North Dakota trip. back in September.

Original March 14 bike purchase battery was replaced May of 2018. This one lasted until Jan of 2023.

Considering the Die Hard from Advance Auto since a few guys on the CB forum have had good luck with them, instead of the expensive OEM Yuasa from the dealer.

43 mile ride today on the CB 1100. Stopped for gas and bike wouldn't restart. It's not easy for a 72 1/2 year old fat guy with a heart condition and high blood pressure to bump start a 575 pound bike but I managed to do it and headed for home. Battery is 4 1/2 years old and I knew it would die soon as my batteries last about 4 years it seems. I had actually considered replacing it before my North Dakota trip. back in September.

Original March 14 bike purchase battery was replaced May of 2018. This one lasted until Jan of 2023.

Considering the Die Hard from Advance Auto since a few guys on the CB forum have had good luck with them, instead of the expensive OEM Yuasa from the dealer.
Yes, the Yuasas are very high priced, especially at a dealer. The Die Hard may be a mighty fine battery (I don’t know). If you did want a Yuasa built battery, consider their Motocross brand, which is the same battery from the same factory but with a different label and a lower price.

I have started carrying one of those small portable jumpers. The absence of a frunk on the 1100 would make this inconvenient :) I paid $50 for it a few years ago. I am sure they are closer to double that now. Used it a couple to times so happy with the return on investment.

riding home I thought what if it had happened on my NC DCT. No way to bump start it right? Will have to be really cognizant of battery age on the NC, and replace before I think it's due.
I carry a (charged) lithium battery jumper pack in the frunk at all times. I’ve never needed it as I replaced my NC’s battery proactively at 8 years age. When this pocket sized jumper was new and it was a warm summer day, I completely disconnected the batttery on my 1.6 liter engined subcompact car, and the jumper pack alone started the car engine. It will surely be adequate for the NC.

DCT seems to be demanding of electrical power, and as you noted, can’t be bump started. You might be wise to carry a jumper pack of some kind.

BE8027F4-C3B3-4B14-81B9-1B2A73172CD8.jpeg

I carry a (charged) lithium battery jumper pack in the frunk at all times. I’ve never needed it as I replaced my NC’s battery proactively at 8 years age. When this pocket sized jumper was new and it was a warm summer day, I completely disconnected the batttery on my 1.6 liter engined subcompact car, and the jumper pack alone started the car engine. It will surely be adequate for the NC.

DCT seems to be demanding of electrical power, and as you noted, can’t be bump started. You might be wise to carry a jumper pack of some kind.

View attachment 51078
Might be a good idea. I'll look into that.

43 mile ride today on the CB 1100. Stopped for gas and bike wouldn't restart. It's not easy for a 72 1/2 year old fat guy with a heart condition and high blood pressure to bump start a 575 pound bike but I managed to do it and headed for home..

Yep, not good for decrepits our age :(. I once had to push the Strom about a quarter mile when I ran out of Petrol. I am prone to occasional palpitations and ectopics. However You don't really notice them when the heart rate is up to the max :D

Back