• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What are you paying for your NC700X?

Didn't get mine from a dealership, but craigslist. Got my 2013 with 500 miles for $4850. It has about $1000 in mods as well! Super lucky here I think.

Hi All, Here in the central coast of California it's 50+ miles between dealers at a minimum (not like SF and LA). I got some quotes from the LA area, but most wanted me to come "check out the bike" before giving me reliable numbers. So, I wound up purchasing at my local shop. New '14 leftover NC700X in black. $7,200 OTD. Roughly $5,500 for the bike (after the Honda cash promo), then the usual suspects in fees:
-$595 transport (they claim it's because they're not close to a shipping dock... uhhuh)
-$267 dealer (fine)
-$109 doc fees (incl. non-gov. electronic filing fee)
-$596 tax
-$134 license & reg
Aside from the somewhat steep transport, I'm happy with this deal. Perhaps not smokin', but I feel it's a reasonable price for the never-been-kissed bike in the end. It's getting dropped off tomorrow afternoon. Let the love affair begin... Cheers.

P.S. Honda, please get a clue and offer ABS without the DCT. :p

Last edited:
Payed about $3700 for my 2012 nc700x (+ tax/title/other bs ~= $5200), with panniers, top rack and luggage, 6000 miles on the odometer. Could have wrote a check, but I'm paying it off $150/mo since I don't have a well paying job currently.

Hi All, Here in the central coast of California it's 50+ miles between dealers at a minimum (not like SF and LA). I got some quotes from the LA area, but most wanted me to come "check out the bike" before giving me reliable numbers. So, I wound up purchasing at my local shop. New '14 leftover NC700X in black. $7,200 OTD. Roughly $5,500 for the bike (after the Honda cash promo), then the usual suspects in fees:
-$595 transport (they claim it's because they're not close to a shipping dock... uhhuh)
-$267 dealer (fine)
-$596 tax
-$134 license & reg
Aside from the somewhat steep transport, I'm happy with this deal. Perhaps not smokin', but I feel it's a reasonable price for the never-been-kissed bike in the end. It's getting dropped off tomorrow afternoon. Let the love affair begin... Cheers.

$5500 and all those fees are pretty steep for a bike that is 3 years old.

$862 for dealer 'transport' + setup fees is insane.

You could have flown to another state and ridden it back for less than that. :)

I paid MSRP+TTL for my 2016 and made the dealer eat every other cost.

Don't worry though, you'll love it.

-$267 dealer (fine)
-$596 tax
-$134 license & reg

Yeah I would have paid extra for ABS if I could have but I didn't want the DCT.

I drove just under 300 miles to buy 2012 I found on Craigslist. (Lots of emails and I still showed up empty handed, went to the back after meeting) after a 12 mile test ride it had exactly 5,000 miles on the odometer. Side cases factory outlet in the frunk (useless) OEM heated grips. For $5,000

I bought my 2012 in Santa Barbara in 2013

-$267 dealer (fine)
-$596 tax
-$134 license & reg

Milessb21,
I know what you're talking about. I live in Pismo Beach and there is a scarcity of dealers here too.
I bought my 2012 NC700X non-ABS at Santa Barbara Motorsports in Goleta after they agreed to match the price I got from L.A. Cycle Sports. I paid almost exactly what you paid, only 3 years earlier. It's my second purchase from them.
Forget about what you "MIGHT" have saved, and enjoy the ride!
PCG

One thing I've noticed: Even though one guy might have paid almost twice as much as another guy, they all "got a good deal." I guess you would have been happy with the deal or you would not have made it.

In the midwest USA, you would likely pay 10% less than MSRP, a small document fee, but no freight and no setup. But, I realize prices vary by location, and you gotta either pay up locally, or travel to get what you want.

Last edited:
-$267 dealer (fine)
-$596 tax
-$134 license & reg

I'm in socal and all my local dealers wouldn't budge on the price for any 2014 Nc700x. The bike price alone was above 7000. For around here I think you did pretty good.

And yes offer ABS for us that still like to shift. Oh well.

Last edited:
Still no regrets on the price. I knew I was paying a premium for the new bike; saw one used with a lot of freeway miles that I could have picked up for a lot less, but that’s just not how I roll. Someone’s got to be the chump who buys new to keep the used market alive, right? Happy to be of service! ;)

The first quote I got from a more competitive dealer down in the Los Angeles area was $8,400 OTD (!!). And another dealer had just sold one the weekend before for close to $9 OTD (!!!!). For the same ’14 manual bike! So, let's just say I saved $1,200-1,800. SCORE!!

As far as buying from out of state, being in CA, we also have to wrangle our unique (“CARB”) emissions requirements. I know it’s possible to purchase from out of state, but I went for the path of least resistance this time around. I have a lot to learn in this bike world...

What we definitely all agree on is price is important at the time of sale, but falls away afterward. I am thrilled with the bike. It got delivered today—smack in the middle of our first pouring rain in days. :mad: I couldn’t take it out much, but just the little time we’ve had together has exceeded my expectations. And it DOES have a gear indicator in the manual. HALLELUJAH.

LOL @ greenboy. "Oh -- the humanity of it all!" indeed.

Here she is... (strikingly different than anyone else's black '14, I'm sure!)
14470364_1136740756375763_4179393155237068513_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back