• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What a pain! (Any ideas)?

First thing. Go to your doctor and have a check up. Second go to your Chiropractor. Sometime a miss aligned spine can cause this. I'm also 5'8" and ride thousand of miles a year and never have any issues. Stock bike with Seat Concepts seat. Get a throttle lock will help as already suggested. It will allow you to relax. Try this, go for a ride in an area with little or no traffic. Set the throttle lock on and cruise along for an hour keeping your shoulders and body relaxed. Concentrate hard on making sure you are absolutely relaxed. Don't think about anything but the ride. See how you feel after. I wouldn't change anything of the bike until you make sure it's not something your doing. You stated that you never had the issue before and it just started up.

Forgot to mention, I'm 5'8", weigh 170lbs and I'm 54 years old and also have a physical job so physically we are similar.

Last edited:
Like many others have said Risers was the fix for me.... any time you are leaning forward to grab the bars for long periods of time you are putting pressure on that area and it gets sore just as you describe. I did do the chiropractor thing and it helped some but nothing fixed it until I quit leaning forward with my hands on the bars.... the risers really did help reduce that pressure... also alternating with just one hand on the bars helps a great deal too.. but you need some kind of throttle lock... a big fat o-ring on the very end of the throttle grip to hold it in place, or use a rubber throttlemiester like I do made by kuryakan (I know I misspelled that) to allow you to take your right hand off the bars for a while and relieve the pressure for a bit.

Thanks again to all of you that responded. I'll keep everything in mind. When the risers arrive, and have been tried a while, I'll report back.

Well, the thread was pretty old so I haven't tried to search it out. I did mention this issue in my "Two days 611 miles" thread recently. So anyway, with the eBay bar risers , and some adjustments to my riding position, as well as really concentrating on relaxing my arms, it's a non issue now thank goodness!

Here's a tip I learned years ago skiing - point your index fingers when holding the grips. It relaxes your hand, wrist and forearms and will relieve tension up to your shoulders. It works great with ski poles and on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also do this, I have found that if I do my push ups on the end of the foot board of my bed, and i have made an exercise device to strengthen my wrist. take a one pound coffee can, fill it with ready mix cement with an eye bolt in it. tie a rope to the eye bolt and the other to a one inch wood dowel about a foot long in the middle of it. Grab the ends of the dowel and roll the rope up with the coffee can, then roll it down about 10 times. it will strengthen you wrists and hands and help with fatigued. At 65 yeas of age I need all the help I can get, LOL!

Last edited:
To give any advice we definitelly need more information about you. What is your training routine and diet? Do you have any health issues as for now? We all understand that you want to look great but health should always come first, especially in your condition, sorry. I think basic things, like testosterone will not do harm in any case. Also, it depends on your budget. You may check if there are any SARMs for Sale now. I've heard they are quite good. Anyways, check everyything with your doctor first.

Last edited:
Back