• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Welcome to the Twilight Zone 1157 bulb not working.....

mrbios

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought an LED Brake & Tail + signal light assembly ...

Amazon - NTHREEAUTO LED Motorcycle Tail Light Integrated Brake Turn Signals License Plate Lights Universal Rear Taillight $18

5 + hours including identifying wires soldering Drilling holes in the LED assembly to make it fit etc. Next day I realized I forgot to tighten stock right rear signal light so I took the tail light assembly apart and reinstalled everything only to find that the original brake and tail light no longer worked but the the LED did so fuse was not blown. Checked soldered joints - which should not have been a problem since I scrapped off the jacket and soldered to the side of the wire without cutting it.

SOLUTION: Remove bulb and test it. It no longer worked and had a slight tint to it. Neither of the two filaments were damaged. Never seen this before and it was working perfect before taking everything apart. Replaced the bulb labeled 37R E6 215 (21W/5W) with an old 1157 out of a car and was back in business. It has been a week and 100+ miles and no problems.

By the way - I don't really recommend this assembly because it is about 1/2 as bright as the stock brake light so it adds light but not as much as I hoped.

Attachments

• 1157 Burned out.jpg
    1157 Burned out.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Honda LED Brake Tail Light Assembly.jpg
    Honda LED Brake Tail Light Assembly.jpg
    946.5 KB · Views: 11
Back