• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

We still have motorcycling . . .

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Along with restaurants and schools, the state parks are now closed. That means no camping or boating locally. Sigh. The only permitted activity soon to be left will be motorcycling. At least we have that.

2EFD57CD-C57B-47D4-88CD-3722B2385AFF.jpeg9

Snow (and cold) is still the factor here. But let's hope things improve. I'll probably go for a ride today and check out my Cogent shock and new spring, staying in areas that are above 40F.

EDIT: looks like I'll have to be satisfied with above 34F and more clouds; hourly forecast says now ; }

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately there’s endless dispersed camping out here in the western states and I prefer that to campgrounds anyway. My six month moto tour is still a go, though I’ve delayed it by a couple weeks in order to allow the panic and hysteria to die down a little bit. Frenzied hoarders caused fuel to be unavailable in Lake Havasu City yesterday, I heard from a fellow RVer today. That’s not far north of here. (I’m a snowbird near Yuma, AZ, currently.)

April 14th is now my launch date. Hopefully sanity will return by then, along wth toilet paper and gasoline. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We have cheap fuel in North Carolina, I saw $1.79..but on the flip side the grocery stores are empty. All of this work from home mess has cut out two rides a day for me (commute) but hasn't seemed to free up any additional time?!?! Somehow the math doesn't add up...

Along with restaurants and schools, the state parks are now closed. That means no camping or boating locally. Sigh. The only permitted activity soon to be left will be motorcycling. At least we have that.

View attachment 418249
Sad that we as a society have become afraid to venture outdoors...Parks in NC closed as well.

If I could have gone another mile or so I could have been snow camping at the edge of Lake McDonald. But this was as far as I could get into Glacier NP today. As it was the last mile or so was pretty sketchy, and beyond this the road was ice with slush on top. And it was colder here.

2020-03-17 13;47;19 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-03-17 13;52;44 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy to keep 6ft "social distancing" between my bike and the guys riding with me. I hear it's good for my health! (joke)

Also, Is there a blue-tooth based app. that lets a group all talk/hear over cell phones?
(Yes I know I could google that...probably will, but it's good to keep happy conversation going on the boards.)
I love this place! It's been my home for motorcycle advice for many years. It's thoughtful, well-mannered, riders make it very hard to give up.

I'll just leave this here...

90070675_2670039706439652_5019696242121244672_n.jpg

Back