• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

We finally did it! We ordered a Kendon trailer.

mudtrack

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We are limited in storage space so we chose a stand up folding dual ride up trailer from Kendon. We opted for a red paint on the trailer to match the NC750X.
We are retiring and have also upgraded and downsized our RV trailer.
We intend to "snowbird".
We considered a toy hauler RV, but opted for a small luxury normal travel trailer, and went for the separate motorcycle trailer.
We may drive our two vehicles to the warm desert next winter, one towing the RV trailer and the other towing the motorcycle trailer with our 2 bikes.
In the summer we also plan to tow the motorcycle trailer to Prince George BC and then ride our bikes up the Cassiar Highway and perhaps participate in the 2023 Dust to Dawson event.

The price difference between a toy hauler RV trailer capable of handling our 2 bikes (expensive) vs a wonderful easy to haul RV travel trailer together with a new Kendon dual ride up trailer convinced us. We saved a ton of money and gained flexibility for just hauling the the bikes sometimes.

Reactions: MZ5
The price difference between a toy hauler RV trailer capable of handling our 2 bikes (expensive) vs a wonderful easy to haul RV travel trailer together with a new Kendon dual ride up trailer convinced us. We saved a ton of money and gained flexibility for just hauling the the bikes sometimes.
I’m sure you did your research and you’ll be happy with your choice. I was wanting a toy hauler camper, and then and even now, I did/do not see any company building exactly what I want. Toy haulers are typically too big; they are probably often built with ATVs in mind. I could never find a suitable size toy hauler for just me and my bike, so I converted my cargo trailer into my own compact motorcycle hauler/camper to tow behind a truck or van. We also have a motorhome so that same trailer also hauls the bike behind the motorhome when we travel that way.

I think you are wise to separate the camper aspect from the motorcycle hauling aspect. This will give you flexibility in the cases where you want to camp without the bikes, or haul the bikes without the camper.

Good luck, and have fun!

I’m sure you did your research and you’ll be happy with your choice. I was wanting a toy hauler camper, and then and even now, I did/do not see any company building exactly what I want. Toy haulers are typically too big; they are probably often built with ATVs in mind. I could never find a suitable size toy hauler for just me and my bike, so I converted my cargo trailer into my own compact motorcycle hauler/camper to tow behind a truck or van. We also have a motorhome so that same trailer also hauls the bike behind the motorhome when we travel that way.

I think you are wise to separate the camper aspect from the motorcycle hauling aspect. This will give you flexibility in the cases where you want to camp without the bikes, or haul the bikes without the camper.

Good luck, and have fun!
We seem to be of similar minds.
Your input is always helpful. Thank You.
Some time next year when my wife and I head from our new dual homes (of Tacoma inland and / Grayland WA coastal) to visit friends in McCall ID we would love to drop in on you.

Last edited:
Be careful loading and unloading the two bike model. I've borrowed one several times to haul one bike and because there is no place for the outside foot touch down I consider it quite dangerous to load and unload without help. If I had one I think I'd modify it to add a place for the outside foot to touch and steady the bike.

Thanks for the warning.
There is a Youtube video of a lady riding a Harly on to the Kendon 2 bike model. It seems her outside foot had places to support.

Last edited:

Holy cow, that thing is a home away from home. So, you are going to tow that, with the Kendon behind it? Quite the rig.
Double towing is illegal in most (if not all?) states unless the first trailer is a fifth wheel, and even then you have overall length restrictions to deal with.

Double towing is illegal in most if not all states unless the first trailer is a fifth wheel, and even then you have overall length restrictions to deal with.
Did not know that, as I see trucks pulling campers, pulling jeeps and stuff, but honestly never noticed if the camper was a 5th wheel. I always just thought man what a pain it must be to tow all that stuff and try and back up.

If I had one I think I'd modify it to add a place for the outside foot to touch and steady the bike.
The recent model Kendon dual ride up trailers have a removable foot extension that can be used either on the right or left of the trailer, depending on which side is being loaded.
The picture below is from the Kendon Owner's Manual.
Kendon foot extension.jpg

Did not know that, as I see trucks pulling campers, pulling jeeps and stuff, but honestly never noticed if the camper was a 5th wheel. I always just thought man what a pain it must be to tow all that stuff and try and back up.
Yes, backing up two trailers is just not happening. Next worse thing is getting fuel. If you can’t go to the diesel truck lanes, depending on your truck, finding a fuel station where a long rig will even fit is difficult. And then if you “flat” tow a car or truck with it’s wheels all down, you can’t back up at all or it potentially damages the vehicle. You have to unhook if you want to back up, so you don’t want to put yourself in that situation. RVing is great fun but there is a learning curve, challenges, and things to consider that you may not have initially thought of.

Nice home away from home...In Indiana, the pulling of trailer is not dependent on the type of hitch (connectors) but overall length....
IC 9-20-9-2Combinations of three or more coupled vehicles; length limitations
Sec. 2. A combination of three (3) or more vehicles coupled together, including load, may not exceed a total length of sixty-five (65) feet.

The recent model Kendon dual ride up trailers have a removable foot extension that can be used either on the right or left of the trailer, depending on which side is being loaded.
The picture below is from the Kendon Owner's Manual.
View attachment 48075
Regarding this side foot support extension, it is only offered for the trailers designed to Ride Up. It is not offered for the "walk up" trailer or the utility trailer.
I ordered the Ride Up version which is also designed to lower the apex hump at the rear between the ramp and the trailer bed as the suspension feels the the weight of the bike being loaded.

Back