• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Was about to give praise to our drivers of cars......

andrem

Reaction score
Visit site
We'll my NC is quite new, 5 days old and on my way to work, after stopping to get a nice sandwich from Subway - this all happened!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-rk6ki61Ok

First encounter is at around the 40 second mark and the second is around the 3minute mark. I was about to give praise to the awareness of our drivers but I guess i'll have to hold off on that :)

Maybe I'm missing something important by viewing on the small screen of my iPhone instead of a proper monitor, but it looks like more of an attitude problem on your part than a problem with their driving, except the idiot who suddenly decided to turn right from the left lane. You had ample time to adjust to the actions of the two people you got mad at....they didn't endanger you, they just got in your way. But instead of adjusting, you just zoomed right up as if the hadn't seen them until the last instant. That kind of riding will either get you killed, maimed, or have you nursing a stomach ulcer.

It looks like you didn't bother looking to your left when backing the motorcycle out. It may be a one-way street, but that won't prevent somebody coming up the wrong way, or the vehicle adjacent your backing up into the same bit of road that you are, or bicycles or pedestrians coming along. We all look in places where we can expect danger and obstacles to approach. The key to safety is to develop the habit of looking in the places where no one and no thing is supposed to be....those are the places that will rise up and vigorously bite you on the a$$ one day.

Maybe I'm missing something important by viewing on the small screen of my iPhone instead of a proper monitor, but it looks like more of an attitude problem on your part than a problem with their driving, except the idiot who suddenly decided to turn right from the left lane. You had ample time to adjust to the actions of the two people you got mad at....they didn't endanger you, they just got in your way. But instead of adjusting, you just zoomed right up as if the hadn't seen them until the last instant. That kind of riding will either get you killed, maimed, or have you nursing a stomach ulcer.

It looks like you didn't bother looking to your left when backing the motorcycle out. It may be a one-way street, but that won't prevent somebody coming up the wrong way, or the vehicle adjacent your backing up into the same bit of road that you are, or bicycles or pedestrians coming along. We all look in places where we can expect danger and obstacles to approach. The key to safety is to develop the habit of looking in the places where no one and no thing is supposed to be....those are the places that will rise up and vigorously bite you on the a$$ one day.

I agree with me not adjusting on the first incident, yet I've been driving my car there and now my motorcycle and it's a hotspot for people not checking and just driving out to make a u-turn. It looks like there was more time than it was but yes, I could've slowed down a bit more there but truth be told, it happens way to often and quite fast too.

And in the roundabout, no I disagree, I shouldn't need to slow down my speed to almost a stop because she decides to pull out when i'm in the same lane and only a few meters away and also, a good place for accidents regardless if in a car or not.

Also, checking the left when backing out, I did but in the mirror and yes, it's a one way road with the grass and everything splitting the opposite lane.

Whether you adjusted or not I'd have to agree cars pulled out in front of you all three times. I don't think you were ever in any danger because you had time to react BUT they all did pull out in front of an oncoming vehicle.

Also, you're wearing all black gear on an all black bike, right? I find the High viz and white helmet work. I get cut off far more often in my car.

Drivers suck, but you're the vulnerable one, so you just gotta anticipate and keep cool.

Last edited:
When I had a black Honda Civic I had people cut me off all the time like I wasn't there. I got used to being not seen.
You should have seen the people when we got our first roundabout. Nobody knew how to use one. We now have 10 roundabouts and things are getting a little better.

I'm hungry after watching the video.

When I had a black Honda Civic I had people cut me off all the time like I wasn't there. I got used to being not seen.
You should have seen the people when we got our first roundabout. Nobody knew how to use one. We now have 10 roundabouts and things are getting a little better.

I'm hungry after watching the video.

I thought the US didn't have roundabouts? When me and my better half drove from LA to NY, via the southern states we never encountered one :p

For seeing that sandwich? Yeah, it was good - you guys have better bread over on the other side of the ocean though.

I thought the US didn't have roundabouts? When me and my better half drove from LA to NY, via the southern states we never encountered one :p.

They're becoming more common here. California's DOT is building more and more of them. Also taking out the signals and stop signs at old school traffic circles. Still plenty of folks who have no idea how to navigate them though :)

I thought the US didn't have roundabouts? When me and my better half drove from LA to NY, via the southern states we never encountered one :p

For seeing that sandwich? Yeah, it was good - you guys have better bread over on the other side of the ocean though.

The US has roundabouts but most of them are small. I lived in Italy for four years and the roundabouts there could hold 50 cars. We have tiny ones here. Another thing. In Italy the cars coming into the roundabout had the right away. Here is the US the cars in the roundabout do. This may have changed since 1993 but that is how it was when I lived there. Anyway, my main point is the roundabouts in Europe are much bigger and more frequent. For the most part ours are small.

I also noticed your shadow in front of the bike during some of the video.. Indicating oncoming traffic has the sun in their eyes and will be even more likely not to see you. I actually like little interactions like the ones in the video. They keep me sharp, thinking ahead and always having a plan. As mental and physical skills improve close calls diminish.

I also noticed your shadow in front of the bike during some of the video.. Indicating oncoming traffic has the sun in their eyes and will be even more likely not to see you. I actually like little interactions like the ones in the video. They keep me sharp, thinking ahead and always having a plan. As mental and physical skills improve close calls diminish.

Now that you mention you're it probably right about the sun. I guess I'm not that experienced to take all those small things into account yet but still, sucks that riders have to make sure of everything if we want to avoid an accident :p But yeah, our life can be ended rather quick on a bike.

Now that you mention you're it probably right about the sun. I guess I'm not that experienced to take all those small things into account yet but still, sucks that riders have to make sure of everything if we want to avoid an accident :p But yeah, our life can be ended rather quick on a bike.

Exactly, we have the most to lose in an accident so we have to take the most care. I would also recommend some auxiliary lights in the front of the bike. I'm using Skene lights (tiny amount of flicker that catches the driver's attention) but there are others. They do reduce the number of people cutting me off.

Dear sir, i watched your video, looking very hard for rude or aggressive drivers etc.

All I saw was at the most, bad road obervation skills and bad timing.
I don't think they intended to drive to kill you nor threatened you.

You, OTOH, seems to exhibit a very dangerous attitude when you were riding your bike.
A bike is much quicker in pickup speed and not the same as a car or truck. You are nimble while they may appear slow.

It is not about who has rights and who was wrong. You share the roads with others.

At the end of the day, you ride to enjoy yourself or to take shots at other "bad" users on the roads?
Change what you can change.

Please take a moment to review your video (and your mental attitude) and see whether you can make an improvement in your own expectations when you ride on your roads. Ride with patience and no rush.

I say this with great respect and hope you see it that way.

Have a pleasant ride.
Joe.
:D

Dear sir, i watched your video, looking very hard for rude or aggressive drivers etc.

All I saw was at the most, bad road obervation skills and bad timing.
I don't think they intended to drive to kill you nor threatened you.

You, OTOH, seems to exhibit a very dangerous attitude when you were riding your bike.
A bike is much quicker in pickup speed and not the same as a car or truck. You are nimble while they may appear slow.

It is not about who has rights and who was wrong. You share the roads with others.

At the end of the day, you ride to enjoy yourself or to take shots at other "bad" users on the roads?
Change what you can change.

Please take a moment to review your video (and your mental attitude) and see whether you can make an improvement in your own expectations when you ride on your roads. Ride with patience and no rush.

I say this with great respect and hope you see it that way.

Have a pleasant ride.
Joe.

I agree and disagree with you. No I don't think they were trying to kill me, on the other hand, I can't say that any of them checked before pulling out and that was what scared me since if something caught my attention a few seconds earlier and I missed breaking, I would've been over and down on the pavement due to the first car. Yes, we all share the road and us riders have to take care to watch out even more but the actions of cars can make it very dangerous, which i percieved it was for me (not as experience as some of you are).

And no, of course I don't try to get myself into situations by driving faster or dangerously on purpose - that would be foolish, but like I said before all these places are well known for people that don't check for oncoming traffic and have been a good cause of concern due to accidents before.

I understand what you're saying and yes, I may have been driving with a bit of a temper after that but to be honest, these thing happen all the time because drivers don't check or think they can pull out faster rather than wait for the bike to pass.

And the same to you, drive safe :)

I agree and disagree with you. No I don't think they were trying to kill me, on the other hand, I can't say that any of them checked before pulling out and that was what scared me since if something caught my attention a few seconds earlier and I missed breaking, I would've been over and down on the pavement due to the first car. Yes, we all share the road and us riders have to take care to watch out even more but the actions of cars can make it very dangerous, which i percieved it was for me (not as experience as some of you are).

And no, of course I don't try to get myself into situations by driving faster or dangerously on purpose - that would be foolish, but like I said before all these places are well known for people that don't check for oncoming traffic and have been a good cause of concern due to accidents before.

I understand what you're saying and yes, I may have been driving with a bit of a temper after that but to be honest, these thing happen all the time because drivers don't check or think they can pull out faster rather than wait for the bike to pass.

And the same to you, drive safe :)

You remind me of the time when I was younger and I wanted to be right all the time.
Take care, you will have a long life ahead if you take a chance to hear out others who have walked the same path before.
Tempers and riding do not mix well.

I pray you will be safe and give others a chance when they make a mistake on the roads.
Take care.
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dogpile on Andre!

heh heh Just kidding ;)

-I like the sound of the stock NCX and quiet muffler...:rolleyes:

-Nice to see the cool red NCX on your way past

-People cursing in other languages is awesome, lol I love it

-You have the widest handle bar grip I've ever seen

-I didn't seem to see you ever using your turn signals for lane changes or turns?

This is your first bike, yes? I would say try and be a wee bit more calm if possible, and learn that no matter if you are 100% always right, and every other driver is 100% wrong, if you *know* or have a high probability of anticipating another persons actions, but choose to proceed on the basis of: "but I have the right of way, and I'm good, they are bad" well, you have to shoulder some blame too, IMHO.

Cars are always going to do stuff they shouldn't. Better get used to it now, heehee. You can be continually "surprised" by this and get angry, or worse, hurt, or listen to the little voice that says:

"Hmmm. This is a bad intersection, known for accidents and people changing lanes without looking. I'd better slow down and cover clutch and brake levers, and anticipate, just in case. Whoa, I bet that lady in the little red car will probably misjudge my speed or not see me at all, and pull out right as I get up to her at this constant rate of speed."

That should not have surprised you. All you would have had to do is note the possibility, prepare to brake, or even begun to slow in anticipation, and allowed yourself the smug self satisfied: "Ah hah! I knew it!" before you were wheel-to-door close. My right hand was grasping for an imaginary brake lever, and I was twitchy at you approaching that spot without obvious signs of noting the threat a loooong ways back, lol

I'll stop at this point and not criticize you anymore, I am not trying to be a jerk, honest! :D :D

Like Happy said, we do mean the best, and want you to enjoy many many years of safe and fun motorcycle riding!

Dogpile on Andre!

heh heh Just kidding ;)

-I like the sound of the stock NCX and quiet muffler...:rolleyes:

-Nice to see the cool red NCX on your way past

-People cursing in other languages is awesome, lol I love it

-You have the widest handle bar grip I've ever seen

-I didn't seem to see you ever using your turn signals for lane changes or turns?

This is your first bike, yes? I would say try and be a wee bit more calm if possible, and learn that no matter if you are 100% always right, and every other driver is 100% wrong, if you *know* or have a high probability of anticipating another persons actions, but choose to proceed on the basis of: "but I have the right of way, and I'm good, they are bad" well, you have to shoulder some blame too, IMHO.

Cars are always going to do stuff they shouldn't. Better get used to it now, heehee. You can be continually "surprised" by this and get angry, or worse, hurt, or listen to the little voice that says:

"Hmmm. This is a bad intersection, known for accidents and people changing lanes without looking. I'd better slow down and cover clutch and brake levers, and anticipate, just in case. Whoa, I bet that lady in the little red car will probably misjudge my speed or not see me at all, and pull out right as I get up to her at this constant rate of speed."

That should not have surprised you. All you would have had to do is note the possibility, prepare to brake, or even begun to slow in anticipation, and allowed yourself the smug self satisfied: "Ah hah! I knew it!" before you were wheel-to-door close. My right hand was grasping for an imaginary brake lever, and I was twitchy at you approaching that spot without obvious signs of noting the threat a loooong ways back, lol

I'll stop at this point and not criticize you anymore, I am not trying to be a jerk, honest! :D :D

Like Happy said, we do mean the best, and want you to enjoy many many years of safe and fun motorcycle riding!

Haha hey man!

- It won't be stock for long ;) I don't like the "scooteresk" sound of it.

- Yep! It's the 700X from what i've seen of it, belongs to a security guard.

- I actually didn't curse :p I basically said "What the hell are you doing?!"

- Yep, I need to get rid of it, well, the throttle side of things anyways, that side feels "wrong".

- Nope, you are correct and it's something I blame on the NC, the turn signal and horn are switched wrong :(

But yea, I know what you're saying and I do agree, that situation could've been handled better from my part as I've said before and my pride will probably need to be put aside in the future :) I still do strongly believe the car was in the total wrong though :p

And don't worry about it, my girlfriend said the same thing. She says im a great cardriver but I do need to be more carefull and anticipate more than on a bike, they're 2 different vehicles after all.

Ride safe :)

Back