• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wanted - 2021 Shop Manual

So I ordered a shop manual on April 1st, called today and it was backordered with no ETA on shipping, really pisses me off, charging my credit card, before shipping, working with my money, without receiving anything.
There was no mention that they were out of stock at the time of order.
Grrrrrrrr.

I had a feeling. I bought mine on April 2.

I believe charging the credit card before the order ships is considered fraud. I think the card is supposed to be charged when it becomes mine officially, that is when it leaves their dock.

It is not disallowed for a merchant to charge a purchaser's credit account before an item ships. It's governed by the issuer, the purchase agreement, and in some states their statutes. If the item has not been received by the time the bill has become due, your card company will suspend the charge and follow up with the merchant. I lead an anti-fraud program for a Fortune 50 and am a practicing Certified Fraud Examiner; just sharing to add credibility to the assertion. I hope you all receive the book soon.

What the holdup is, they are waiting to print more books, they can print them whenever they want to, Helm is the only one that offers them, so they choose to be customer unfriendly.
Terrible business practice. :mad:

Last edited:
Update, called Helm again today for my order status, got ahold of a real mean CS representative on the phone.
She clamed that Helm hasn't used my credit card and I haven't been charged yet,
as Im looking at my bank statement from April 3rd from which they took out $81 from my checking account.
Hahahaha.
Im asking her when they would print the manual and ship it out?
That's when she turned into a "Karen" and got really nasty on the phone.
She said I will just get you a refund, then I asked her when could I expect the refund?
Thats when she claimed the card hadn't been charged.
She asked if there was anything else I could do for you and I said "yes", "please let me talk to your supervisor".
She then disconnected me from the call.
What a great representative for the company.
Helm stays in business because they have a monopoly on service manuals and the like,
not for people that work for them.

Update, called Helm again today for my order status, got ahold of a real mean CS representative on the phone.
She clamed that Helm hasn't used my credit card and I haven't been charged yet,
as Im looking at my bank statement from April 3rd from which they took out $81 from my checking account.
Hahahaha.
Im asking her when they would print the manual and ship it out?
That's when she turned into a "Karen" and got really nasty on the phone.
She said I will just get you a refund, then I asked her when could I expect the refund?
Thats when she claimed the card hadn't been charged.
She asked if there was anything else I could do for you and I said "yes", "please let me talk to your supervisor".
She then disconnected me from the call.
What a great representative for the company.
Helm stays in business because they have a monopoly on service manuals and the like,
not for people that work for them.
Did you use your credit card for the purchase? If so, just engage in their dispute resolution process. If you used your debit card, there is another process for chargebacks. Unrelated to a past transaction, always use a credit card for online purchases; credit charges are the banks money and they fight for every penny. Debit card transactions adjudicate with your money, and banks are less aggressive as they lost nothing. For point of sale transactions, the most secure way to pay are mobile wallets like Apple, Samsung, and Google Pay. I know many resist mobile wallets, but the security it adds to the entire transaction is irrefutable. Better for the merchant and the consumer.

Off topic but hopefully a helpful PSA for the group!

I know you need the manual but you may need to start over.

I ordered the NC750X Service manual last week. It stated in stock and shipping would take 7-10 days. I checked online a few days ago and it showed "in shipping department". I called today and was told that it is a "print on demand" manual and that it takes 4-6 weeks to print and then another 7-10 days for shipping. Probably a good idea to order before you actually need it. In my case, I'm good - (brand new NC750X)

I ordered the NC750X Service manual last week. It stated in stock and shipping would take 7-10 days. I checked online a few days ago and it showed "in shipping department". I called today and was told that it is a "print on demand" manual and that it takes 4-6 weeks to print and then another 7-10 days for shipping. Probably a good idea to order before you actually need it. In my case, I'm good - (brand new NC750X)
Helm is the worst company I have ever dealt with.
They have a monopoly so they can treat customers any way they like and there is nothing you can do about it.
They take your money and use it for weeks if not months.
They will lie to you on the phone without any problems.
Stay away from them.
A lot of good technical info on this forum.
I finally got a refund after 3 weeks of stealing my money from my CC.
I got the same song and dance after my order April 1st.
Their customer service email link is no bueno.
BUYER BEWARE. :mad::mad:

Last edited:
Back