• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wailin Wayne’s Weekend

Bulitt

Reaction score
Visit site
Just rolled in from Wailin Wayne’s Weekend, a BMW Rally up in south eastern Ohio. Met some buds up there, …..good weather, good riding and a man size dose of tall tales….. Stayed at Willville campground in VA on the way up and back.

828D7B53-E7BA-436E-AF5F-EBD50F464B18.jpeg2BBFF290-AFC7-49D8-9565-A0C7F6101722.jpeg5EECA11F-1091-46D1-A801-C36477FA9217.jpeg0858FEA9-9ABB-4D7B-966E-AF2DA4B0D5F0.jpeg

We tore up the "windy Nine" and the "Tripple Nickel" all weekend.....
Holy crap! I lived in good ol nelsonville for 4 years. Never knew this was a thing

Don't recall the windy Nine but been on OH 555 several times. Only road I've seen remotely like it is VA 43 between Buchanan, VA and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Ironically I found it making my way down to an overnight stop at Willville on a NC700X trip.

Don't recall the windy Nine but been on OH 555 several times. Only road I've seen remotely like it is VA 43 between Buchanan, VA and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Ironically I found it making my way down to an overnight stop at Willville on a NC700X trip.
The “windy nine” is marketing. There are nine loops of which the “triple nickel” is one. The Ohio tourism people have created a nice map and named each loop in an effort to market to, and attract motorcycle tourism similar to what NC has done with the Dragon, Snake, Rattler, etc.

There was even a woman working for the tourism group at the rally handing out the maps. Must be working….there were 270 at the rally and a lot of bikes on the road that weren’t involved.

Yup. Loved mine. No regrets selling it though. Good at most things except commuting. That NT110 that is rumored to be arriving soon might be worth waiting for too.
Cool! I hadn't seen anymore info on that rumored new bike. Last I heard, they were thinking it could be called the CB1100X, so this is the first I'm hearing of the NT1100 name. Read a little in the article below about it. That would be the perfect bike for me!!!

Cool! I hadn't seen anymore info on that rumored new bike. Last I heard, they were thinking it could be called the CB1100X, so this is the first I'm hearing of the NT1100 name. Read a little in the article below about it. That would be the perfect bike for me!!!

Wish they would put a shaft on that CB1100……

Wish they would put a shaft on that CB1100……
If you like shaft drive, as I do, Honda is really not a good choice. There are very few shaft models in Honda’s lineup, only three that I can think of.

So I'm not sure it would be perfect for me but probably the one I would buy! I think I mentioned my wife quit riding so not many long days anymore so did not make sense to keep the VFR. In my mind's eye, I think this bike addresses the quibbles I had with the NC and those I had with the VFR. But shaft would be a nice-to-have. To 670s point, not the right brand if shaft drive is my thing. I'm not finding deals on the NC ( I don't think anyone is) so I'm relented to my Xmax right now, which is still impressive for it's category. The max is fun and has great utility, just not thrilling. Still may buy an NC, though against my better fiscal judgement. Glad the wife supports my MC habit!

Last edited:
If you like shaft drive, as I do, Honda is really not a good choice. There are very few shaft models in Honda’s lineup, only three that I can think of.
Yabutt……What if ya want DCT? Only game in town.

I own two of the three.

Last edited:
Back