• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

VStream windshield on a Palmer Bracket - Yes!

NickV

Reaction score
Visit site
Since no one really replied, I went ahead and took the chance on the VStream (thanks, ti_ti_ta) and found that it will fit.... sort if. Since Palmer Products is based in the UK and VStream is US, the holes in the bracket were slightly smaller (and somewhat more oval) than needed. A round metal file cleaned out the excess, and the VStream shield and support frame bolted right up.

In case you don't know what the Palmer is, here's a link: http://www.palmerproducts.co.uk/ . It's a nice add on for the OEM Touring Screen if you don't want to acquire new plexi.

Next comes the fine tuning, since I can use the Palmer bracket to change the angle of the VStream to get the results I'm looking for.

The difference in hole pattern of the V-stream vs Palmer bracket is not related to two different country of origins - just two completely separate companies. I would worry about the Palmer brackets being up to the task of holding the much larger V-stream.

The difference in hole pattern of the V-stream vs Palmer bracket is not related to two different country of origins - just two completely separate companies. I would worry about the Palmer brackets being up to the task of holding the much larger V-stream.
We'll see. My guess is that the steady pressure on the face of the Vstream will prevent warping at the attachment points. The VStream bracket is similar to the OEM Touring one as far as basic design, just longer (more distance between the lower and upper attachment points to the actual screen). Where it attaches to the Palmer is the same with the exception of the hole diameter, which was very minimal. If if does start to stress the metal it should show initially where the lower of the 2 Vstream attachment points come into the Palmer assuming that the wind pressure at the top of the screen pushes it "back" towards my helmet. Then again, the metal might not stress at all and it could be a case of the thumb knobs on the Palmer loosening up over time.

Regardless, ya never know til ya try.

I use a Palmer with a Givi screen also fitted the height adjustment straight brackets to the set up. I did this to lower the screen as it was too high and I didn’t want to cut it as it would remove the “flip”.
BTW a lot has changed since the photo.

Attachments

• 56FA2BCC-83C2-4043-B1F5-AA99E67580AA.jpeg
    56FA2BCC-83C2-4043-B1F5-AA99E67580AA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
Back